Game Thread: Cleveland Cavaliers @ Warriors 2010-01-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors shock the Cavaliers with an upset?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:23 pm

YES
33%
NO
67%

Total votes : 6

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:14 pm
Nice try for the Warriors. LeBrick got the usual superstar treatment.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:17 pm
The league is definintely rigged. The Warriors get the shittiest calls of all time. All the Warriors announcers and commentators stroked LeBron the entire ****ing game!
All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:20 pm
UGH
:roll:
Warriors come back, but lose.

How often does this have to happen?!
KEEP THE F***ING LEAD GUYS!

Gilbert Arenas should've shot the refs :banghead:
^Jking of course
~LilBallerx~

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:26 pm
Who was the person that said injuries aren't a factor again? We lose big guys to injury and fouls, yet people complain about Nelson playing with a smaller lineup.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:33 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:Who was the person that said injuries aren't a factor again? We lose big guys to injury and fouls, yet people complain about Nelson playing with a smaller lineup.

Well its a factor but obviously there was a point in time when a line-up of Watson-Curry-Monta-Maggs-Morrow on the court, while AR, Moore, and Hunter where on the bench, lets not forget those moments.

Now of course Nellie can use the injury excuse, he has a pass NOW, no AR, no Turiaf, etc etc, call another D-Leaguer up. I was worried about a mediocre draft position since the idea was warriors were going to be winning a little here and there, well scratch all of that, warriors are headed for huge slide, top 3 pick here we come.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:42 am
dumb play at the end. shouldve called a timeout.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:00 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:Who was the person that said injuries aren't a factor again? .

actually, no one did-but you guys don't seem to get that so I'm not gonna bother

Looks like Steph was balling tonight. Dig the kid
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:40 am
am i the only one who thought the ball was in the cylinder on lebrons block on monta?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:36 pm
frenchalexander wrote:am i the only one who thought the ball was in the cylinder on lebrons block on monta?

Nah, I was yelling about the same thing. Funny how the guys calling the game didn't say a word about it. I really think that the NBA is leaning on everybody to push the LeBron hype. I mean, I swear half the time they were talking about how great James is, and the other half sort of off hand mentioning what was going on about the Warriors. They barely mentioned the obvious fouls Bron Bron committed throughout the game, and failed to even mention that goal tend. Pair that with the preferential treatment that James gets from the refs and he must live quite the charmed life out on the court.

It's things like that which make the NBA a hard sport to watch sometimes. If you aren't one of the best you are consistently getting shat on.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:35 pm
Tarantism wrote:
frenchalexander wrote:am i the only one who thought the ball was in the cylinder on lebrons block on monta?

Nah, I was yelling about the same thing. Funny how the guys calling the game didn't say a word about it. I really think that the NBA is leaning on everybody to push the LeBron hype. I mean, I swear half the time they were talking about how great James is, and the other half sort of off hand mentioning what was going on about the Warriors. They barely mentioned the obvious fouls Bron Bron committed throughout the game, and failed to even mention that goal tend. Pair that with the preferential treatment that James gets from the refs and he must live quite the charmed life out on the court.

It's things like that which make the NBA a hard sport to watch sometimes. If you aren't one of the best you are consistently getting shat on.

Totally agree. It was horrible announcing. My wife was within earshot of the game, she doesn't care about basketball at all. She couldn't believe how much they talked about LeBron. At one point she asked if they were even watching the game or just watching LeBron.

Jim Barnett acted like a little school girl with a crush on LeBron. A great play was made by Mags, he went to the line, and nothing was said about his play. They panned in on LeBron's shoes, and Barnett said, using his best giddy school girl voice, "that's LeBron James!"

I was seriously pissed about the announcing. The officiating was just as bad.

The thing that pissed me off the most was when LeBron was bitching about now getting a foul called against him when he drove to the hoop and missed a shot. Nobody touched his ass, he just missed the shot. He got all pissy about it. The previous two plays he went to the foul line with a non-foul, and a fouled the hell out of Mags and wasn't called for it. Total bullshit.

No question he is a good player but I wouldn't want him on the Warriors. I'd rather root for a team that earns its wins and losses, than for a team that is handed wins by the refs.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 pm
I got kinda pissed when the crowd cheered for him when he was being introduced and the douchebags wearing his jersey and a Giants cap. I wish the fans were like Raiders fans where you don't come out of the stadium alive if you are rooting for the away team.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:I got kinda pissed when the crowd cheered for him when he was being introduced and the douchebags wearing his jersey and a Giants cap. I wish the fans were like Raiders fans where you don't come out of the stadium alive if you are rooting for the away team.

eh lets not go too far to that end of the spectrum. Many Raider fans are just fans of the intimidation anyway, and can't name more than 5 players on the team. It does annoy me when everybody is on the nuts of Lebron like he's on our team. I like Lebron a lot, but i won't root for him against my team in my building.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:26 pm
I really cant stand people that do things like wearing a jersey of one of the opposing players at their own home arena. Like all the "lakers" fans that only have kobe jerseys and would drop off as soon as Kobe retires, goes to another team or stops being as good as he is.

Its kind of pathetic, when they showed a flashback of Lebron hitting that game winning shot last time he was at oracle, you could see a ton of people standing up and cheering as soon as it went in. Something like that speaks bad about the Ws more than anything though. Their brand of basketball is so bad and vanilla that casual fans feel like they have absolutely no reason to be loyal to the hometeam, so they come to games as "insert Lebron/Kobe/Wade/CP3/Durant" or whatever other superstar is coming in to their home arena.

Its pretty pathetic and it enrages me as a true fan but, I also can sort of understand it.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:28 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:I got kinda pissed when the crowd cheered for him when he was being introduced and the douchebags wearing his jersey and a Giants cap. I wish the fans were like Raiders fans where you don't come out of the stadium alive if you are rooting for the away team.

Yeah, that would be AWESOME! Would be so much fun to take my son to a game and teach him about the game and watch him experience the magic of hanging with Dad at a ballgame while dudes are flinging curse words around and people getting their face bashed in. GOOD TIMES!

For the life of me I can not understand why people get SO offended because someone is a fan of the opposing team or star player.

People DO like teams other than the warriors. Best thing is to kick the crap out of their team on the court and let them silently walk out of the stadium with their tails between their legs. Unfortunately most of the time, they get the last laugh which BLOWS!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:55 pm
bada wrote:

Yeah, that would be AWESOME! Would be so much fun to take my son to a game and teach him about the game and watch him experience the magic of hanging with Dad at a ballgame while dudes are flinging curse words around and people getting their face bashed in. GOOD TIMES!

For the life of me I can not understand why people get SO offended because someone is a fan of the opposing team or star player.

People DO like teams other than the warriors. Best thing is to kick the crap out of their team on the court and let them silently walk out of the stadium with their tails between their legs. Unfortunately most of the time, they get the last laugh which BLOWS!

I think people have a problem when that fan is a warrior fan, but then has a Jersey of Lebron, Kobe, etc.... which happens.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads