What do we need?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:18 pm
I feel like the Warriors will make at least one more deal before the deadline this year, so I am curious what people here think that we need?

I would love for us to grab a small forward, somebody like Gerald Wallace. I don't know what Wallace's availability is right now, but I do remember reading some reports about his getting on his teammates cases and complaining about how the team was playing. Maybe that could propel him out of town?

Other then that, I think we should look into depth at center/pf for obvious reasons. If we can move Maggette somehow I think we should pull the trigger, but we need some kind of replacement because he is the only SF we have on the team since Azubuike is out.

Thoughts?
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:03 pm
With the way Maggette is playing, I'm actually starting to like him more. Only thing is that his contract is too big. We should move Curry and Biedrins for a big man like Stoudemire.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:18 am
A coach.

Other than that, it'd be nice moving Monta and Maggette for Amare or something like that, but I don't think Phoenix would be interested.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:21 pm
TMC wrote:A coach.

Other than that, it'd be nice moving Monta and Maggette for Amare or something like that, but I don't think Phoenix would be interested.

I reckon the Suns are secretly itching for very good young talent and they'd go for that Amare trade that was apparently on the table in the offseason, the AB, BW and Curry for Amare trade. I'd still do that too, BUT now only for a resigned Amare, even if for only two years.

I want to get rid of Maggette and complete the transition of trading away the three bad contracts and even though Maggette has skills and scores very well, he is not on the right team to make much of a difference. I'd look to trade for either an expirer or a very good PG, as that is the main weaknesses to me right now

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:48 am
The way Maggs has been playing of late has made the choice of moving him a bit difficult, he is a new man, maybe the boos got to him thinking, giving him a conscious to play team ball.

I am satisfied with AR's development so far and will settle with him as PF, only if Nellie stops fukking around.

With the way CJ Watson has been playing makes Curry expendable, so dangle him in trade bait.

I would love to have Wallace as a warrior, athletic complete player that plays great defense, scores, and rebounds well, question is who would they want ? Monta and AR are the most valuable trade assets and am not willing to trade either.

If not Gerald Wallace then Rudy Gay, who is similar to Wallace.

Basketball is a team sport, this team lacks slashers which it needs badly since they are a running team, lacks consistent scoring, one player can't carry all the load, with the emergence of Maggs we see what another consistent scoring option can do, as we have had wins over the Suns and Celtics.

If we land Rudy Gay or Wallace we become a bit more complete, and add players that will be immediate positive impact.

Then add some stud SG, SF from the draft

PG-Monta
SG-Evan Turner
SF- Rudy Gay or Wallace
PF-AR
C-Beans

Rebounding, athleticism, scoring, slashers, shooters, hustle, height, this team will compete with the best of them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:18 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:The way Maggs has been playing of late has made the choice of moving him a bit difficult, he is a new man, maybe the boos got to him thinking, giving him a conscious to play team ball.

I am satisfied with AR's development so far and will settle with him as PF, only if Nellie stops fukking around.

With the way CJ Watson has been playing makes Curry expendable, so dangle him in trade bait.

I would love to have Wallace as a warrior, athletic complete player that plays great defense, scores, and rebounds well, question is who would they want ? Monta and AR are the most valuable trade assets and am not willing to trade either.

If not Gerald Wallace then Rudy Gay, who is similar to Wallace.

Basketball is a team sport, this team lacks slashers which it needs badly since they are a running team, lacks consistent scoring, one player can't carry all the load, with the emergence of Maggs we see what another consistent scoring option can do, as we have had wins over the Suns and Celtics.

If we land Rudy Gay or Wallace we become a bit more complete, and add players that will be immediate positive impact.

Then add some stud SG, SF from the draft

PG-Monta
SG-Evan Turner
SF- Rudy Gay or Wallace
PF-AR
C-Beans

Rebounding, athleticism, scoring, slashers, shooters, hustle, height, this team will compete with the best of them.

Both Gay and GWall are very good players and would fit real well on the team. I admit, I'd prefer Gay, not for the name :mrgreen: , but I think he is a bit better than GWall and ofcourse is younger. GWall is rebounding real well and as a SF too. He is a bit better defender than Gay, who I think is underrated defensively. Either player for Monta I'd do, though the way Monta is playing we could get another good player along with either of those two SFs. I'd try something like Monta and future 1st rounder, even try future 2nd rounder instead of 1st rounder, and that draft pick be in three years or so, not before then, for Gay and MGasol, who is better than AB I think

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:31 pm
Honestly I prefer Wallace over Gay, because I think Gay is soft. I think Wallace is a great fit here. We'd have another front court guy who could really rebound and play good D. The drawback with both Wallace and Gay is they are like Maggette in that they don't pass the ball much.

But would Charlotte really part with their best player with out expecting a lot in return?. The salaries are alomost identical but they'd never trade straight across for Maggs or Beans.
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:44 pm
C'mon a guy with the name of Gay isn't going to a Bay Area team. He'll just flat out refuse. I'm sure he's already endured enough ridicule for his name.

Trade the whole team for the Gasol brothers.... and since that will never happen trade Monta and something for Amare.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:09 pm
Chum wrote:C'mon a guy with the name of Gay isn't going to a Bay Area team. He'll just flat out refuse. I'm sure he's already endured enough ridicule for his name.

cant imagine he'd be a huge Jersey seller
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:39 pm
Quazza wrote:
Chum wrote:C'mon a guy with the name of Gay isn't going to a Bay Area team. He'll just flat out refuse. I'm sure he's already endured enough ridicule for his name.

Well they could count on Bigs and TMC buying up a few! :)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:20 pm
bada wrote:
Quazza wrote:

Well they could count on Bigs and TMC buying up a few! :)

hahaha truth

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:53 pm
maybe the Randolph injury will cause a desperate Larry Riley to turn to the internet for a solution to our starting PF issue. Upon entering the trades section of goldenstwarriors.com, he will see my post about trading for Gerald Wallace, see the brilliance of it and pull the trigger.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:12 pm
Tarantism wrote:maybe the Randolph injury will cause a desperate Larry Riley to turn to the internet for a solution to our starting PF issue. Upon entering the trades section of goldenstwarriors.com, he will see my post about trading for Gerald Wallace, see the brilliance of it and pull the trigger.

I wouldn't be surprised if warrior staff have stumbled upon this message board in the past.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:38 am
Quazza wrote:

Isn't there a huge gay population in the Bay Area? I remember reading some 15 years ago that San Fransisco was the gay capital of the U.S. If that's the case, Gay would be the biggest hit in Warriors franchise history
Last edited by migya on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:43 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:

Isn't there a huge gay population in the Bay Area? I remember heating some 15 years ago that San Fransisco iwas the gay capital of the U.S.

i thought that was hippies? if not, South Park has lead me grossly astray
Next

Return to Trades