The Saint Louis Cardinals Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:34 pm
I've noticed a lot of people have threads for their hometown or adopted teams (Seahawks, Bucs) so I thought I'd start one for my hometown team, and the only one I still follow at all. One of these days I'll adopt a Bay Area football team (my wife is enough Niner fan for one family), and I dig both the A's and Giants and like to see them winning but I got to give it up to the legacy of my Cards. Second only to the Wankees in World Series wins.
So it being so close to the season and all, I thought I'd get a jump on it... lol.
Feel free to come here and taunt me when they are losing and congratulate or hate when they are winning but you cannot deny the history of the team.

I'll search for this thread again come April and we let the sh*t talking begin!

:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:15 am
The what thread????

:mrgreen:

Nah, it's cool, Pat. Only problem I see is that it might be kinda like the Bucs thread, sort of a blog more than a thread. But we've got enough fans of Bay Area teams around here to taunt you here, so best of luck with this thread, bro.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:23 am
yeah,,, I can always go to a Cardinal board to discuss Cards baseball I suppose...

A blog eh? just how I thought it might turn out. with the occasional jab when the Giants or A's beat them...

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:49 am
What do you think about the Holliday signing, Pat?

I personally think they invested way too much on Holliday, and should have used that money for Pujols. Im sure they could have gotten prospects over time to get another Holliday within those 7 years. I think that was an awful signing.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 pm
Short term gain though, they might be trying to go for another one. They will have a scary pitching rotation this year, but will have to decide who to let go next offseason, because Albert is going to ask for the BIG bucks!

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 pm
Money Morrow wrote:Short term gain though, they might be trying to go for another one. They will have a scary pitching rotation this year, but will have to decide who to let go next offseason, because Albert is going to ask for the BIG bucks!

I dont think Pujols is going anywhere. I see him as a guy that whill play his entire career with the Cards. The Cards play in an amazing stadium in baseball town USA, so adding talent and keeping existing talent should not be a problem.

Return to Sports Board