Arenas suspended indefinitely

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:48 pm
David Stern has suspended Gilbert Arenas indefinitely without pay and he said it could be worse than a suspension.
I hope he doesn't mean banned forever.
I personally think a 5 game suspension would be enough,but David Stern feels pressure to do this I guess.What do think would be a fair punishment?
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:50 pm
I would say its definitely going to be more than 5 days. Joking or not, pulling a gun on somebody is serious. Stern is also trying to prove he has balls, so I could see this turning into 20+ games, maybe the rest of the season. Crittendon should be kicked out of the league, since nobody even knew he was in the league in the first place!
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:21 pm
I'm expecting suspension for the remainder of the season and if they try to pursue it hard enough, a void of his contract, thus ruining his life. He can't even feed his family. Spreewell status.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:22 pm
Any other work place, joking or not, if you pull a gun on somebody you will be gone for GOOD!!!! I think he would be lucky to be suspended for the rest of the season, but if he was banned for life I would have no objections!! BTW I still call him Judas Arenas for turning his back on the Dubz...As a gun owner and 2nd amendment advocate, I am all for him owning guns, but clearly he is not responsible enough to do so. He treats them like toys which they are not, and he hasn't learned his lesson. The only time a gun should ever be pointed at somebody is if you are protecting your own/family/loved ones lives and you intend to use it. Gilbert apparently hasn't grown up, finally his weird querky personality is really going to bite him in the ass...
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:31 pm
What made it worse was the way he handled the situation at first. He joked around, went on twitter and joked about it, turned his fingers into fake guns during a pre-game hype up... then he finally gets serious.

It's clear, the guy is still a child. It's real sad too. I mean, you enjoy his talent and his humor. Then suddenly that talent turns into pure stupidity and the humor turns into immature, unnecessary behavior.

I mean, c'mon, if Plaxico Burress wasn't a good enough example for you, then I don't know what is.

BTW, moving this to the NBA Forum.
Last edited by xbay on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:32 pm
Good... but it can't stop at a suspension for the season. He's gotta be banned from the league and, maybe, re-instated in the future, but only pending on his behavior.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:33 pm
5 games out of 82 is enough? You gotta be kidding
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:38 pm
Quazza wrote:5 games out of 82 is enough? You gotta be kidding

Is it 5? I thought it was indefinitely... meaning he's gone 'til Stern says he can return.

Sad to see a guy like Gilbert have this happen. Nice guy, gettin' paid big... f*cks it up. Hmm... sounds a little like what happened to that Michael Vick fella. :wink:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:41 pm
xbay wrote:
Quazza wrote:5 games out of 82 is enough? You gotta be kidding

Is it 5? I thought it was indefinitely... meaning he's gone 'til Stern says he can return.

Sad to see a guy like Gilbert have this happen. Nice guy, gettin' paid big... f*cks it up. Hmm... sounds a little like what happened to that Michael Vick fella. :wink:

Oh nah sorry X, i was referring to the OP opinion.
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:08 pm
His cavalier attitude about this whole thing says alot. He clearly does not understand the severity of what he did. Bringing guns to your place of employment is a serious thing. I would not think it is unfair to ban him from the league but at a minimum, he shoudl be gone the rest of the season.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:17 am
bada wrote:His cavalier attitude about this whole thing says alot. He clearly does not understand the severity of what he did. Bringing guns to your place of employment is a serious thing. I would not think it is unfair to ban him from the league but at a minimum, he shoudl be gone the rest of the season.

Yep. And that should be the least of his concern. If he's prosecuted (and found guilty of a felony) his contract will be voided... but only in that case. If not, the Wiz will have to deal with him once his suspension is over.

btw, what happened to Crittenton?. Because it's not like he's the victim here. He also played a role in this mess.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:38 am
TMC wrote:btw, what happened to Crittenton?

who?

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:14 am
suspend stern for rigging games

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:49 am
He should be off the season at the very minimum. That guys so out there, I don't know if he's capable of true remorse. But he better find it if in his soul he wants to save his career.
He could have his contract voided, be reinstated in the future and have to seek a new contract under the now more limiting conditions, that would be great.
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:His cavalier attitude about this whole thing says alot. He clearly does not understand the severity of what he did. Bringing guns to your place of employment is a serious thing. I would not think it is unfair to ban him from the league but at a minimum, he shoudl be gone the rest of the season.

Yep. And that should be the least of his concern. If he's prosecuted (and found guilty of a felony) his contract will be voided... but only in that case. If not, the Wiz will have to deal with him once his suspension is over.

btw, what happened to Crittenton?. Because it's not like he's the victim here. He also played a role in this mess.

you know the Wiz are praying that they have grounds to void that deal. Gil is a dumbshit, plain and simple. tremendously talented, but has the mindset of a child.
Next

Return to NBA Forum