College Football Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:49 am
So what do you guys think about Jimmy Clausen entering the NFL Draft? Where you guys got him projected?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:23 am
xbay wrote:So what do you guys think about Jimmy Clausen entering the NFL Draft? Where you guys got him projected?


He and Tate are both good Athletes... work hard, shown great improvement each and every year. Clausen is the best QB that I've seen IMO for this draft (his team was just shitty). People are high on Lockyer, but the two games of Washington i saw, he wasn't any special... Bradford is hurt and was a little overrated as well.

1. Clausen
2. McCoy
3. Lockyerd
4. Bradford
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:43 am
Subcommittee OKs college playoff bill
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- A House subcommittee has approved legislation aimed at forcing college football to switch to a playoff system to determine a national champion.

The bill would ban the promotion of a postseason NCAA Division I football game as a national championship unless that title contest is the result of a playoff.

The measure passed by a voice vote Wednesday by a House Energy and Commerce Committee subcommittee.

The sponsor, GOP Rep. Joe Barton of Texas, said the current Bowl Championship Series is unfair and won't change unless prompted by Congress.

But some lawmakers on the subcommittee said Congress has better things to do than legislating on college football.


Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press


GET ER DONE!!!!!!!!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:30 am
I'm happy for Toby Gerhart. He won the Doak Walker Award aka National Running Back Award. Good for him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:42 pm
The Irish made a great hire with Brian Kelly.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:21 pm
bada wrote:The Irish made a great hire with Brian Kelly.


I agree, but the system is so flawed. How F-ed up is it for his team that he takes them to the game that if they win, they will basically be the #2 team in the country and now they have to play without their coach. Cant the NCAA freeze recruiting and hiring until the second or 3rd week of January so a coach that takes a mid-major type of team to a major bowl game can not bail out on his team to take a bigger job?
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:59 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
bada wrote:The Irish made a great hire with Brian Kelly.


I agree, but the system is so flawed. How F-ed up is it for his team that he takes them to the game that if they win, they will basically be the #2 team in the country and now they have to play without their coach. Cant the NCAA freeze recruiting and hiring until the second or 3rd week of January so a coach that takes a mid-major type of team to a major bowl game can not bail out on his team to take a bigger job?


COMPLETELY agree with you!!!
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:24 am
The Fiesta Bowl wasn't exactly the Oklahoma/Boise St game from a couple years ago, but it'll due. TCU is a defense dominant team while Boise rolls with the offense, so something had to give. Still, this doesn't change anything since it proves nothing.

I'd like to see Boise St take on the winner of Alabama/Texas while TCU gets the loser. Cause then that'd prove something. Cincy was exposed though, but I really was never a fan of them, I just enjoyed watching their offense. But their defense was a huge flaw, so I saw it coming... especially against a Tim Tebow-ran offense.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:29 am
xbay wrote:The Fiesta Bowl wasn't exactly the Oklahoma/Boise St game from a couple years ago, but it'll due. TCU is a defense dominant team while Boise rolls with the offense, so something had to give. Still, this doesn't change anything since it proves nothing.

I'd like to see Boise St take on the winner of Alabama/Texas while TCU gets the loser. Cause then that'd prove something. Cincy was exposed though, but I really was never a fan of them, I just enjoyed watching their offense. But their defense was a huge flaw, so I saw it coming... especially against a Tim Tebow-ran offense.


Next week it should be Florida vs Texas and Boise vs Bama, with the winners to meet the following week for the national title!
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:17 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:The Fiesta Bowl wasn't exactly the Oklahoma/Boise St game from a couple years ago, but it'll due. TCU is a defense dominant team while Boise rolls with the offense, so something had to give. Still, this doesn't change anything since it proves nothing.

I'd like to see Boise St take on the winner of Alabama/Texas while TCU gets the loser. Cause then that'd prove something. Cincy was exposed though, but I really was never a fan of them, I just enjoyed watching their offense. But their defense was a huge flaw, so I saw it coming... especially against a Tim Tebow-ran offense.


Next week it should be Florida vs Texas and Boise vs Bama, with the winners to meet the following week for the national title!


That would be awesome. I'd hate to see a Florida/Bama title game though. We just saw one for the SEC title!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Rookie
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:23 pm
Location: SF BAY AREA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:03 am
"Always" Next wrote:
bada wrote:The Irish made a great hire with Brian Kelly.


I agree, but the system is so flawed. How F-ed up is it for his team that he takes them to the game that if they win, they will basically be the #2 team in the country and now they have to play without their coach. Cant the NCAA freeze recruiting and hiring until the second or 3rd week of January so a coach that takes a mid-major type of team to a major bowl game can not bail out on his team to take a bigger job?


I like the choice of Kelly, he is a proven HEAD coach who can recruit

As far as the coach leaving Cin, It happens all the time, just that Notre Dame is always held to higher standard. Like when they fired Willingham after 3 years, they got all kinds of **** for it.

If you wanted it to stop, I would put a clause in the coaches contract that he must pay a fine if if he does not play the last game. If he bolt off for another team early, use the money to pay for better facilities or a high profile coach.
As I booked into a hotel, I said to the receptionist, I hope the porn channel in my room is disabled.
"No," she says, It's regular porn, you sick bastard.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:23 pm
Wow, and at the blink of an eye, USC finds its replacement for Pete... an old employee...

LANE KIFFIN.

I didn't know he was a possible candidate. I wonder if Monty is coming along with him, too.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:03 pm
I was really shocked about that. However since they had been denied by about 7 guys already, guess it should not come as too much of a suprise.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:09 pm
xbay wrote:Wow, and at the blink of an eye, USC finds its replacement for Pete... an old employee...

LANE KIFFIN.

I didn't know he was a possible candidate. I wonder if Monty is coming along with him, too.


" I can't wait until we beat Florida. We will be singing Rocky Top all night long".... so much for that quote. HAHA. I despise Lane, i think he is a pompous jerk.

And to answer your question, yes, his dad (and others) will be joining him to USC.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:Wow, and at the blink of an eye, USC finds its replacement for Pete... an old employee...

LANE KIFFIN.

I didn't know he was a possible candidate. I wonder if Monty is coming along with him, too.


" I can't wait until we beat Florida. We will be singing Rocky Top all night long".... so much for that quote. HAHA. I despise Lane, i think he is a pompous jerk.

And to answer your question, yes, his dad (and others) will be joining him to USC.


yeah, he really seems like a douche doesnt he.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron