Game Thread: Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers 2010-01-02

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors start the New Year with a victory?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:16 pm

YES
63%
NO
38%

Total votes : 8

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:42 pm
Beans and Turiaf are now back, no excuse as the Blazers are the overly injured team not the warriors.

CJ Watson ineffective going 0-8 but some how played 33 minutes, I mean come on.

Small ball once again, with advantage other team, but Nellie is still a great coach though.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:49 am
what happened guys? i watched the 2nd qtr and we were up...
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:49 am
Foul trouble...

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:58 am
TheBodyGuard wrote:Foul trouble...

foul trouble + low shooting percentage and turnovers. That and Roy and Miller played a great game for Portland.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:06 am
Tarantism wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:Foul trouble...

foul trouble + low shooting percentage and turnovers. That and Roy and Miller played a great game for Portland.

+ Nellie... :banghead:

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:01 am
a very bad game. actually by watching firt quarter i already noticed something bad boiling, since while ellis did a good job on roy, curry was completely wasted by miller, that trend continued into second quarter and morrow was killed by andre. this made blazers slow down a pace to a minimum and run this ugly offense of posting up miller/roy every single play (this is what would nelson have done if having a guard that can post up ala baron davis). the game lost all pace and whistles been blowing all over. the first quarter rhythm offense was over and blazers with help from refs noticing every warrior guard try to win undersized battle by reaching and such made sure it has never gained pace. warriors were trapped in half court game with no post up players whatsoever. even can't run or jump howard owned andris or rony (who, i think, is having knee problems and will need an operation sometime untill next season, so he obviously is playing his heart out with little physical health). there was no chance for warriors to go big on this blazers team precisely because our bigs are good for defense and close to zero on offense (that biedrins passsed shot from few feet, anyone?!) and since we were being killed by blazers guards there was simply a trap waiting. this time it was obvious that bigger guard, that can post up, lineups are a bad bad match up for ellis an curry, because of curry's lack of speed, athleticism and small frame. on offense none of out players was hitting anything, cj had zero night, morrow had bellow good night and radmanovic plain sucked balls.
as for anthony randolph, again crazy game, in both ways - good in hustle (steal and dunk with stupendous hang on the rim technical), bad in over hasting on offense (rebound, dribble dribble dribble, nonsense shot, thank you, gentlemen) or going for pump fake on defense any time someone shows him the ball. this kid is amazing talent, but completely lacks basketball fundamentals. he has a body of basketball player, but a mind of still someone more between volleyball and handball than a bball. lots of learning to be done for him tom reach his potential, because if he does not reach, he will not be any good. it's an equation for him - or he becomes very very good player, or he is none (not even a reliable role player). as for his minutes, he got much of them, knowing that he had 3 fouls that took him of the court in first quarter.

this game again showed that our smalls are not so very good and since pour bigs are too not in shape yet, there is no cure for this team, but team play with going for 31 assists like in lakers game. but, alas, when shots stop falling and refs are not whistling favoring warriors on their drives (maggete and ellis tree climbing drills 1 on 3), there's really little we can offer.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:52 am
Sometimes you don't have to be psychic to see the future. While excuses want to be made for Nellie not having the proper line-up wasn't that the reason for the draft and making moves in the off-season.

Nellie plays a big role in players on the roster, correct me if am wrong here. Remember in the off-season Warriors drafted a PG with a middle school looking frame, traded Crawford for expires which was great but doesn't show for nothing on the team. Re-signed CJ Watson despite drafting Curry. So at the end of the day Nellie and the Warriors set themselves up for defeat even before the season started. Now excuses are made the guards are too small, well they should have thought about that in the off-season. No more excuse please, its getting tiring.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:27 am
warriorsstepup wrote:Sometimes you don't have to be psychic to see the future. While excuses want to be made for Nellie not having the proper line-up wasn't that the reason for the draft and making moves in the off-season.

Nellie plays a big role in players on the roster, correct me if am wrong here. Remember in the off-season Warriors drafted a PG with a middle school looking frame, traded Crawford for expires which was great but doesn't show for nothing on the team. Re-signed CJ Watson despite drafting Curry. So at the end of the day Nellie and the Warriors set themselves up for defeat even before the season started. Now excuses are made the guards are too small, well they should have thought about that in the off-season. No more excuse please, its getting tiring.

+1!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:55 am
'excuses', 'blame' -we must get over this emotional language, it does not lead anywhere. as for drafting curry, i didn't like the draft, but who there was better than him game wise? evans was higher pick, harden too, as for big guards. then they take the next best talented man and hope that his lack of body is a) thing that can be changed b) his overall smarts and skills will outperform his lacks.
again, it's not an excuse, it's simple reasoning into situation.
and th esituation is not good, but with some hope. i liked our game in boston, lakers games. i liked that we played good team ball and everyone's was pretty darn good in their roles. that this might not work always (and how much more not than yes) is another thing and remains to be seen. the team is being built around new leader in ellis, it has two second years and one rookie in it's lineup, without real center, it is not easy to coach them, it is not easy to see who's for real and who's not and what trades should they look at. and it is not easy to get good talent without ever going over the cap or at least close to it.
why is nelson the problem of all this, is beyond me. is it because he's a heck of a character and as thus easiest to blame and go off on?
you saw what keith smart did with this team, it looked dead like a fish on a shore, clueless, lifeless basketball wise. but of course, since he is nice person normal morality wise, he is good coach.
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
Previous

Return to Game Threads