NBA gun fun

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:59 am
Arenas and a team mate pulled guns on each other over a gambling debt. Arenas evidently lost, but did not pay. Like you would expect him to...

The NBA, the team, the police and the feds are now involved.

This is pretty serious and there is no way that it can be ignored or that the penalties will be light! The league, I would think, would have no choice but to impose huge sanctions on these guys. Maybe out of the league.

It has to make a stand on 9mms as a fashion accessory or lifestyle statement. Play a fun game for millions of dollars or be a bodyguard for a crack dealer, your choice.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:11 am
Already being discussed here:

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=7819&start=285

In any case, as it may be a good idea to keep it as a separate thread, I'm not gonna lock this, but I'll move it to the NBA forum, as it's not related to the (current) Dubs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:43 pm
Wow. Arenas is a fool and this one may get him voided from the league, if not for a while. Real big story

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:51 pm
This just goes to show that these guys still have the hood mentality even though they are now rich and never would have to go back to the hood.

I hope Arenas isnt kicked out of the leagues or anything, I like watching him play too much to want him out of the league no matter how dumb he is.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:46 pm
isn't he already being investigated for having a gun in his locker?
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:41 pm
Quazza wrote:isn't he already being investigated for having a gun in his locker?

I think it was the same situation, except the story has now changed.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:38 pm
I have always seen Gilbert as the immature, temperamental type, although gifted those are triats that will make him a villian. Kanye West with a basketball, misunderstood, irresponsible but gifted.

Wonder what type of punishment the NBA will take as well as the Wizards. Guns pulled out in the locker room, now this is serious.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:33 am
and to think they used to be called the Bullets

*ba boom tish*
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:41 am
Wow, just wow. No words can fully describe this situation.

Wow.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:00 am
warriorsstepup wrote:I have always seen Gilbert as the immature, temperamental type, although gifted those are triats that will make him a villian. Kanye West with a basketball, misunderstood, irresponsible but gifted.

Wonder what type of punishment the NBA will take as well as the Wizards. Guns pulled out in the locker room, now this is serious.

Yeah, he's always been one of my favorites. I enjoyed watching him play so much that I was willing to ignore all the childish, immature stuff that surrounds him.

But this is too much. He's gotta be kicked out of the league ASAP. And Crittenton as well, of course.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:36 pm
TMC wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:I have always seen Gilbert as the immature, temperamental type, although gifted those are triats that will make him a villian. Kanye West with a basketball, misunderstood, irresponsible but gifted.

Yeah, he's always been one of my favorites. I enjoyed watching him play so much that I was willing to ignore all the childish, immature stuff that surrounds him.

But this is too much. He's gotta be kicked out of the league ASAP. And Crittenton as well, of course.

This is unprecedented guns in the locker room, it will be interesting the penalty that follows. There is no incident like this that I remember to compare it too.
I say he is suspended for half a season along with the other fellow. League will make a good example out of them. Guns in the locker, man what idiots.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:02 pm
I hope the NBA goes hard on them... i just feel that they might not. Who knows, the suspension length on Rashard Lewis showed improvement.

Return to NBA Forum