NBA gun fun

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:59 am
Arenas and a team mate pulled guns on each other over a gambling debt. Arenas evidently lost, but did not pay. Like you would expect him to...

The NBA, the team, the police and the feds are now involved.

This is pretty serious and there is no way that it can be ignored or that the penalties will be light! The league, I would think, would have no choice but to impose huge sanctions on these guys. Maybe out of the league.

It has to make a stand on 9mms as a fashion accessory or lifestyle statement. Play a fun game for millions of dollars or be a bodyguard for a crack dealer, your choice.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:11 am
Already being discussed here:

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtopic.php?t=7819&start=285


In any case, as it may be a good idea to keep it as a separate thread, I'm not gonna lock this, but I'll move it to the NBA forum, as it's not related to the (current) Dubs.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21382
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:43 pm
Wow. Arenas is a fool and this one may get him voided from the league, if not for a while. Real big story
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:51 pm
This just goes to show that these guys still have the hood mentality even though they are now rich and never would have to go back to the hood.

I hope Arenas isnt kicked out of the leagues or anything, I like watching him play too much to want him out of the league no matter how dumb he is.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:46 pm
isn't he already being investigated for having a gun in his locker?
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1145
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:30 pm
Location: San Francisco
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:41 pm
Quazza wrote:isn't he already being investigated for having a gun in his locker?

I think it was the same situation, except the story has now changed.

All Star
Posts: 3081
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:38 pm
I have always seen Gilbert as the immature, temperamental type, although gifted those are triats that will make him a villian. Kanye West with a basketball, misunderstood, irresponsible but gifted.

Wonder what type of punishment the NBA will take as well as the Wizards. Guns pulled out in the locker room, now this is serious.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:33 am
and to think they used to be called the Bullets

*ba boom tish*
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:41 am
Wow, just wow. No words can fully describe this situation.

Wow.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:00 am
warriorsstepup wrote:I have always seen Gilbert as the immature, temperamental type, although gifted those are triats that will make him a villian. Kanye West with a basketball, misunderstood, irresponsible but gifted.

Wonder what type of punishment the NBA will take as well as the Wizards. Guns pulled out in the locker room, now this is serious.


Yeah, he's always been one of my favorites. I enjoyed watching him play so much that I was willing to ignore all the childish, immature stuff that surrounds him.

But this is too much. He's gotta be kicked out of the league ASAP. And Crittenton as well, of course.

All Star
Posts: 3081
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:03 am
Location: san jose
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:36 pm
TMC wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:I have always seen Gilbert as the immature, temperamental type, although gifted those are triats that will make him a villian. Kanye West with a basketball, misunderstood, irresponsible but gifted.

Wonder what type of punishment the NBA will take as well as the Wizards. Guns pulled out in the locker room, now this is serious.


Yeah, he's always been one of my favorites. I enjoyed watching him play so much that I was willing to ignore all the childish, immature stuff that surrounds him.

But this is too much. He's gotta be kicked out of the league ASAP. And Crittenton as well, of course.


This is unprecedented guns in the locker room, it will be interesting the penalty that follows. There is no incident like this that I remember to compare it too.
I say he is suspended for half a season along with the other fellow. League will make a good example out of them. Guns in the locker, man what idiots.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:02 pm
I hope the NBA goes hard on them... i just feel that they might not. Who knows, the suspension length on Rashard Lewis showed improvement.

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest