Yankees suck.

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:51 am
OK, someone eventually had to start this thread. We should have started it years ago.

The New York Yankees apparently decided a 3-man rotation isn't the best way to win and have traded for Javier Vazquez. The BoSox really need to upgrade their offense if they're going to keep up with the Bronx Bombers.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 am
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:OK, someone eventually had to start this thread. We should have started it years ago.

The New York Yankees apparently decided a 3-man rotation isn't the best way to win and have traded for Javier Vazquez. The BoSox really need to upgrade their offense if they're going to keep up with the Bronx Bombers.

I thought for sure the Braves would hang onto Vasquez. He had a killer ERA and huge K total last season and what did they get back, Melky Cabrera? This was a trade that the Braves should not have made, but they have lots of $$ tied up in starting pitching with Lowe, Kawakami and Tim Hudson getting paid and large contracts looming for Hanson and Jair Jurrjens.

The Yankees will now go and re-sign Damon and they will be once again on their way to a WS title. They may not win it, but it is definitely theirs to lose.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:01 pm
It's certainly interesting being an NL fan watching the AL wars going on. I mean, if it were the Dodgers I'd be pissed because it would impact my organization, but because the Giants won't be facing the Yankees anytime soon I don't really worry too much about it. If I was an A's fan it'd be much different.

Hey Always, what do you think of the declining state of California baseball? The A's continue to fade, the Dodgers (like the Giants) probably won't be upgrading as they try to pay for their young studs entering arbitration, the Angels are in the decline and the Padres are a total mess.

And how exciting would it be to be a Mariners fan right now?
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:19 pm
i hope the red sox don't open the bank too.... i hate them even more than the yankees. I don't get it why we, as sports fans, give Boston the blue-collar mentality when they are always in top 3 in spending. I hate both teams.

NLSISC, how i see it is if any of those two teams lose in the WS to another team, it makes it more sweeter. Thats why the 2001 world series was so awesome. Who had the newly expansion Diamondbacks winning it all. Or in 2003 with the Marlins and that cool squad. Both against the powerful yanks.

So i don't care for what the rich clubs do. It makes victory for the underdog all that special. Remember, Baseball is America's game (aka capitalism). Its the only game without a cap system and it shouldn't have to change IMO.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:23 pm
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:It's certainly interesting being an NL fan watching the AL wars going on. I mean, if it were the Dodgers I'd be pissed because it would impact my organization, but because the Giants won't be facing the Yankees anytime soon I don't really worry too much about it. If I was an A's fan it'd be much different.

Hey Always, what do you think of the declining state of California baseball? The A's continue to fade, the Dodgers (like the Giants) probably won't be upgrading as they try to pay for their young studs entering arbitration, the Angels are in the decline and the Padres are a total mess.

And how exciting would it be to be a Mariners fan right now?

As of this moment, I think the best baseball team in the state of CA is the Giants. If they can make a move to bring in a bat, either a FA or making a trade that is not going to hurt the immediate state of their pitching staff, they should be able to cruise to the playoffs. The Dodgers and Angels are seeing their windows rapidly close, I think the Angels have already seen theirs close up on them.

Without Figgins and Lackey, they are a normal team. The Dodgers, in the midst of their owners divorce are not going to be able to spend any $$, especially seeing all those big contracts coming up in the near future.

The A's, who knows where they are headed. I am a lifelong fan and have never been jealous of my best buddy who gets to be a Mariners fan, but right now, I am a bit. They have a really good looking team. King Felix and Cliff Lee heading the rotation and Ichiro and Figgins at the top of their order. If Jason Bay does not want to go to Seattle right now he is crazy!

I love baseball and I think its good for the game if both Bay Area teams are good. This is a huge market, both of these teams should field competetive rosters. Smart spending right now is the key to California baseball and I hope the next period of Western dominance occurs in the Bay Area!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:27 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:i hope the red sox don't open the bank too.... i hate them even more than the yankees. I don't get it why we, as sports fans, give Boston the blue-collar mentality when they are always in top 3 in spending. I hate both teams.

NLSISC, how i see it is if any of those two teams lose in the WS to another team, it makes it more sweeter. Thats why the 2001 world series was so awesome. Who had the newly expansion Diamondbacks winning it all. Or in 2003 with the Marlins and that cool squad. Both against the powerful yanks.

So i don't care for what the rich clubs do. It makes victory for the underdog all that special. Remember, Baseball is America's game (aka capitalism). Its the only game without a cap system and it shouldn't have to change IMO.

Im with you Mr.C, I hate RedSox Nation. They were the Yankees bitch for sooooooooooo long, then they win 1 title and they think they are a lifelong Dynasty. Even more than the Yanks, the RedSox success is due to mercenaries and very little is because of home grown players.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:58 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:i hope the red sox don't open the bank too.... i hate them even more than the yankees. I don't get it why we, as sports fans, give Boston the blue-collar mentality when they are always in top 3 in spending. I hate both teams.

Im with you Mr.C, I hate RedSox Nation. They were the Yankees bitch for sooooooooooo long, then they win 1 title and they think they are a lifelong Dynasty. Even more than the Yanks, the RedSox success is due to mercenaries and very little is because of home grown players.

I like Dustin Pedroia, cuz he is short (im short) and he can play ball. Plus, he is a Sacramento area player so i got my regional biases. But besides him, i hate them all. Especially Papalbon and Beckett.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:04 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

I like Dustin Pedroia, cuz he is short (im short) and he can play ball. Plus, he is a Sacramento area player so i got my regional biases. But besides him, i hate them all. Especially Papalbon and Beckett.

more than anything I hate the fans! Its hard not to like guys like Pedroia, but cant stand the chowdah heads that think the New England area is the mecca of pro sports.

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:59 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

I like the BoSox. I think it all started with Nomar and continued with the unlikely playoff series win against the hated Yankees. The enemy or my enemy is my friend, ya know?

I also love Pedroia. I love building fantasy baseball infields with Pedroia and Jeter. Two solid, solid ball players.

I like Beckett and bull dog pitchers like him. I've always liked Lackey, and now he's a Red Sox, too.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:02 pm
I don't really hate either one, its the system that is fucked....They can both be annoying, especially the fans, but they do what they can to win.. unlike...............

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:06 pm
yeah, good points you guys... its the fans that make those two franchises annoying as hell... damn accents of them, saying how good their teams are. Boston should be embarrassed for taking that long to win with all that money, not the other way around.... but because ESPN is located in Bristol, Conneticut, they get bonus hype.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:I don't really hate either one, its the system that is fucked....They can both be annoying, especially the fans, but they do what they can to win.. unlike...............

Haha love the undertone. I agree, the system is seriously messed up.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:28 pm
check out these #s guys

http://bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3874:end-of-year-salary-totals-for-mlb-over-11-years-1999-2009&catid=26:editorials&Itemid=39

Return to Sports Board