Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:34 pm
Great prediction Cosmos.

Pietrus had a solid game. :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:39 pm
Cosmos wrote:The w's are definately struggling now which is the exact Reason i say they win 109-90 tommorow.

Allens out, they're pissed about losing so much recently and I say they bust out to a big lead and trade buckets the rest of the way.

Lets see if I'm right...

On the money...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:58 pm
Good win! Foyle and dun played well! Pietrus with his scoring another good thing!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:12 pm
I know you guys dont want to, but lets give Mike his due.

Over 20 in points, took a few charges.

Pietrus is a machine.

The only thing with him is lets limit the traveling turnovers to 4 plz.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:11 pm
I agree. On the positive side:

Mike D. played a sweet game. He has been playing better and better for some reason.

Adonyl played an OK game. For some reason, the chemistry is just better when he's in. Everybody seems to relax more. He gives us a better inside presence.

I still like Andris. Too bad he didn't get more minutes, but I'll take the blow-out win.

Air France was just magnificent! Not only his stats, but the energy he brings the team. At times, he is unstoppable.

It was a nice win. I have to say that starting Foyle seemed to help the team.

We have a long way to go. This losing streak really dropped us in the standings. We really can't count on too many teams playing as bad as the Sonics did.

BD and JRich are playing better. Mike D. seems to be on a roll. Today was a pretty complete game. Plus he is stopping some pretty fair SF defensively.

Troy is our biggest liability right now. Whoever he is assigned to defend seems to have a big night. He still picks up the uncontested rebounds, but when his shot doesn't drop, he should ride the pine. He needs to understand that it is his responsibility to play better defense. He just can't continue to coast and launch 3's if we are going to be a playoff team.

I just don't understand why Monty doesn't play Ike more and sit Troy down.

Adonyl held his own inside and made some superb outlet passes. I'd like to see Andris get more minutes.

Fish is in a slump. He needs to regain his focus and bring his game back to playoff-contention level.

It's good to get a win, but we have a lot of work to do for the rest of the month.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:36 pm
Good assessment :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:46 pm
Davis, Richardson, Dunleavy, and Air France played extremely well.

It was nice to see in the first quarter how Baron gave up his shot and got everyone involved in the offense.

It was really nice to see that after time outs on inbounds plays, Coach Monty drawing up plays that resulted in immediate baskets.

It was typical to see Foyle blow an easy pick and roll (should have been a layup/dunk) and turn it into another AT ("Adonyl Turnover"), something that we are used to seeing with this stiff.

The fans were loud at the game. Oddly, there were quite a bit of Sonic gear being worn by fans in the stands; not the big numbers like the number of Laker tops being worn the other night; however, still a bit more than I would have expected to see.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:05 pm
I agree with everyone. Fisher seems to be in a major slump lately. I mean, in recent games he's shot air balls on 3's...wtf?

Pietrus was awesome. Gotta love that dunk. Also, Dun played well again. I was disappointed that Baron didn't get his triple-double though.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:02 pm
something yall maybe didnt notice tonight. robert swift for the sonics, from bakersfield h.s. was ballin today. if you remember correctly he was selected in the draft after biedrins. swift = 21 mins, 6-10 fg, 12 pts, 2 blks, 7 reb, 4 offensive reb. i mean biedrins hasnt even sniffed a game even close to this. best of luck for the kid tho.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:19 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:something yall maybe didnt notice tonight. robert swift for the sonics, from bakersfield h.s. was ballin today. if you remember correctly he was selected in the draft after biedrins. swift = 21 mins, 6-10 fg, 12 pts, 2 blks, 7 reb, 4 offensive reb. i mean biedrins hasnt even sniffed a game even close to this. best of luck for the kid tho.

Every inside player seems to have career nights against us lately...

Anyway, props to the team. That was a much needed win and, above all, Dun seems to be playing much better lately. Hope this is not a fluke and keeps doing it. Go Lil' Dun!!!

But we gotta be aware that Seattle may be one of the worst teams in te nba right now (I mean without Ray Allen). This win doesn't mean we're out of the funk we've been lately.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:47 am
ChronicallyInclined wrote:something yall maybe didnt notice tonight. robert swift for the sonics, from bakersfield h.s. was ballin today. if you remember correctly he was selected in the draft after biedrins. swift = 21 mins, 6-10 fg, 12 pts, 2 blks, 7 reb, 4 offensive reb. i mean biedrins hasnt even sniffed a game even close to this. best of luck for the kid tho.

Biedrins just hasn't had much of a chance! This guy is tough and skilled, it would be an injustice if he left the team! He needs more court time! He could really be the player that makes the Warriors that much better and an elite team. Sure he is still raw but the way he rebounds and blocks, the man is a bit of a monster! His offense will only get better with repetition and the court time will get him the opportunity to develop!

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:37 am
There are 12 players on the active roster.

Anyone who's complaining about minutes consistantly probably has never been a coach.

12 players - 5 at a time.

Think about it guys.

Do the math.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:54 pm
Cosmos wrote:There are 12 players on the active roster.

Anyone who's complaining about minutes consistantly probably has never been a coach.

12 players - 5 at a time.

Think about it guys.

Do the math.

But some players that are getting the majority of the court time are not performing well!!!! That is why the distribution of minutes is an issue right now! Dun has not deserved alot of court time until the last two or three games and now Murphy and Fisher are not deserving of alot of court time until they earn it! Players like Diogu and Biedrins should get the court time to see whether they can perform better!

12 players = Alot of men to choose from to try to get the on court performance at its best!
ie. If one guy at a position is not doing so good, put in another guy to see if he can do better!

Previous

Return to Game Threads