2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:00 pm
xbay wrote:Niners defense DID WORK!

31 points.

Guess all that talk about you guys hoping the Niners' defense get manhandled by the Cards upset them. 8 takeaways!

Warner 2 INTs, 2 FUMs. Wells, Hightower, Stephens-Howling, Boldin... all with one fumble.

All adding to a grand total of 31 fantasy points.

Stupid Cards. They sucked.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to try and find a way to stop the Crackerz juggernaut.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:57 am
I'm gonna shoot myself in the foot if not starting Marion Barber comes back to bite me in the as*. I hope Maroney does well later today.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:46 am
xbay wrote:I'm gonna shoot myself in the foot if not starting Marion Barber comes back to bite me in the as*. I hope Maroney does well later today.

i picked up houston defense yesterday and forgot to do the change with them starting.... damn new orleans d sucked yesterday... ugh and houston is playing the rams.... Aussie is crushing me early. DAMN! I knew it I had a feeling i might be losing this one.

Lets go Johnson and Johnson (and Marshall, McNabb, and Smith/Harvin)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:39 pm
As long as GSW's players have their projected games and not go over by a ton, I got this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:59 pm
Xbay vs. Me in the finals.... I remember that I was in the Bottom of the standings the first half of the season. I was 2-5 at one point, yet i kept the same lineup for the most part... i was like "this team will eventually go on a roll" and wala... 8 straight wins... now, Xbay, who has been on top this entire season will be the biggest challenge.

I face xbay on the other league as well... gonna be a fun weekend to see who comes on top.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:27 pm
I just hope I beat you in one of the leagues whether it be the board's league or the league you invited me into.

I think you have a higher chance beating me for the championship than 3rd place, though. But hey, who knows. Weird things happen in the world of fantasy sports.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:30 am
My Lineup is set... now all I can do is sit and watch... Man, how much I wish this was a keeper's league.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:43 pm
Congrats, Mr. C. It was a lot closer than I thought. I didn't check it all day, I set the line up last night and didn't change it. I was surprised by how well my guys produced, cause they were slacking lately. MJD let me down and Driver had a small game in a blowout.

Was banking on McNabb to have an average game and hoping to see Thomas still not find any rhythm in the NO running game, but it was the complete opposite.

So again, congrats man. What a way to finish after starting 2-5... 9-0 to cap off the championship run.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:26 pm
Thanks Xbay... i thought when i was 2-5 that i still had the best fantasy football team. I drafted real well and part of my sunday mornings to fixing my teams right before kickoff. I was on top of it, but at the same time, i was very lucky (as everyone is when playing fantasy sports.)

Top Kicker, Top Defense, Top WR, Top WR core, Top RB (and overall player), underrated and consistant QB i got in the 7th round, 14 round steal in Harvin,

I love this league because of the competition. Can't wait to defend my title for next year. Oh, and talk more smack.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:11 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Top Kicker, Top Defense,

You couldn't of had the best kicker and bro... GET OFF THE TITANS BANDWAGON... I'm pretty sure TMC had the best Defense NY JETS!

You won the title but your living in delirium land if you think that you had those 2 points!

Oh BTW Totally agree on the Best WR and BEST RB.. Chris Johnson and Andre Johnson paid a lot of fantasy bills this season.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:17 am
PAWNO wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Top Kicker, Top Defense,

You couldn't of had the best kicker and bro... GET OFF THE TITANS BANDWAGON... I'm pretty sure TMC had the best Defense NY JETS!

You won the title but your living in delirium land if you think that you had those 2 points!

I changed the D to the Bengals D, and it was a nice move, if you ask me. Just a bit late...

Congrats, Mr. C. You certainly deserved the win this year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:57 am
I changed Defenses pawno... to new orleans... and man, they were just on fire. Getting touchdowns each week. I ultimately have to bench them in the finale, cuz they lost their fire in the last couple weeks, and Arizona was playing St. Louis, so i thought that was safer.... and it was.

And look it up.... Akers was top kicker with points. Numbers don't lie.
Previous

Return to Fantasy League Forum