Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2009-12-23

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors get a victory in New Orleans?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:25 pm

YES
40%
NO
60%

Total votes : 5

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:44 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:The big factor is still injuries. The players are fatigues. Opposing teams get to rest their starters, we don't have that luxury right now.

this is very true and a big factor in our record, but still an excuse.

Bigs is right. Three guards are never going to help for end game half court defense.

and where the fvck was Hunter? He played well last night... he didn't even see the floor tonight.

Nelson is baffling... :banghead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:55 pm
warchief wrote:Ha good one Mig, I'll take David West though. Is Ellis alone, enough to get West? Too little? Maybe throw in a young Wright or Randolph? If I'm New Orleans right now and I have a chance to have Ellis play along side Paul and have a young PF in Randolph or Wright to evolve into a David West calibur player, I'm considering it.

If I'm Golden St. I finally got a big man who can score in the post. Finally. Giving Biedrins some help down there so he's not doing everything by himself. How much better would West make Goose? How much better and efficient does he become?

Curry/Watson
Azubuike/Morrow
'10 DRAFT PICK/Maggette
West/Wright or Randoph
Biedrins/Turiaf

I don't want West, even though he has shown he is quite good. I'd rather AR, he has more skills and could be a better player in a year

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:59 pm
Money Morrow wrote:
TheBodyGuard wrote:The big factor is still injuries. The players are fatigues. Opposing teams get to rest their starters, we don't have that luxury right now.

Bigs is right. Three guards are never going to help for end game half court defense.

and where the fvck was Hunter? He played well last night... he didn't even see the floor tonight.

Ex-f*cking-actly!!!

I mean, its not like Hunter had a career high in points, minutes, blocks and steals last night...........and not like we are playing against Emeka Okafor and David West is it?

Why would you need the biggest body we have on the roster (even without injuries) to play when hes probably sky high on confidence from the night before???

:roll: :banghead: :banghead: :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :roll: :x :x :x :? :? :cry: :cry:
Role Player
Poster Credit: 13
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:30 pm
bigstrads wrote:Once again, a perfectly win-able game but poor decision at the end finishes it.

This is what Im saying, its NOTHING to do with how players/big men we have..............it was the Curry, Monta, CJ, Morrow, Mags defensive lineup (with Curry guarding Paul, why not Monta or a bigger guy?) that cost us on the last play.

Completely agree. Although injuries do not help, this loss was on coaching. When you need one stop, how can you put Maggette in as the tallest player. Even if Paul misses that shot, was he really expecting us to get a rebound with that lineup. Also when we were within 2 and coming out of a timeout, the best shot we could come up with was inbound to Randolph and take a 20 footer without even looking for another look?

Nelson is purposefully sabotaging this season so he can get fired and keep his money. That's what's sad about all of our questions about how other coaches lose their jobs when they get results like Nelson has this season. I'm sure Nelson is even wondering how he's not fired yet as it looks as if he is trying to make it happen. Oh well, at least we get a better shot at John Wall.
Get Money. Get Paid.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:24 am
Wow... Near triple double for Randolph... 12 pts, 8 rebs, 8 blks.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:46 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:Wow... Near triple double for Randolph... 12 pts, 8 rebs, 8 blks.

I know!!! I looked at the box score after the game and I had to double check another website just to make sure he really did get 8 blocks.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:56 pm
Money Morrow wrote:

I think he was semi injured
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:03 pm
Randolph did great against Okafor. :D
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:32 pm
TheBodyGuard wrote:Randolph did great against Okafor. :D

He defended him well..............when he was making his ridiculously limited offensive "moves" :wink:

Randolphs blocks............he had 6 in the first qtr by the way!!! :shock:

By the way, his 8th was a CLEAR goal tend!!! on a David West shot, anyone see it and the replay? it was hilarious.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:35 pm
His reaction was like oh **** I hope they didn't catch it.
Previous

Return to Game Threads