Shakeup 1.0

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:43 pm
The Trades:

Monta Ellis and a choice of B. Wright or Randolph for Davis West of NO.

Corey Maggette and Speedy Claxton to Phili for Elton Brand.

Let both big's chose which block they want. Throw it down to them to bruise and get fouled(both excellent FT shooters) or pass out to Morrow, Curry, Watson, Azubuike next year. Boom. Already a more creative mind than Larry Riley.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:48 pm
Well, that's assuming the GM's of those teams would make the trade. The David west one makes sense, but I don't know if i'd give up Monta and Randoph for West. The times i've seen West play, he has not been a huge difference maker. He's a solid big man that compliments Chris Paul fairly well.

Now the Brand deal, i don't know if i'd take on his salary. What's the difference in lenght between his deal and Maggette? what's the difference Money-wise? I'd like to shed Maggette's contract, but brands might be worse.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:03 pm
I would not want to make either trade.

The West trade sounds ok but you have to factor that his stats are a little inflated because he plays with Paul. Just look at how poorly Chandler is doing this year.

The Brand trade is a huge mistake in my opinion. Brand is even more overpayed than Maggette. His stats are pathetic compared to what he was putting up a few years ago.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:54 pm
Why would we trade monta and randolph for david west. We are trying to have our team REVOLVE around monta and randolph. Our front office might actually be stupid enough to think about trading randolph just too get rid of magette's contract. The speedy claxton and magette deal for Elton brand actually isn't that bad, but I really dont think brand is a substantial difference maker at this point, but his contract is just as ridiculous as magettes so it doesnt make a difference.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:15 pm
Brand's contract is same amount of years but a few million higher per yr. I'll take his upside over Maggette. Brand has been hurt the last two years, it takes time to truly get to 100%. He's been healthy this year, his numbers are down and he's on a bad team without a legit point guard. Maggette is 1 dimentional and he's really not even good at that! He's not a good shooter, only from the line 80% or whatever. Oh, and seems like Maggette has bad hamstrings every year. I'll take the chance. for 10 mill or whatever the difference is.

As far as the Ellis + Randolph for West, if Randolph plays like he did tonight, there's no way I give him up. I'd say take it or leave it. Ellis+Wright.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:04 pm
metalface wrote:I would not want to make either trade.

The West trade sounds ok but you have to factor that his stats are a little inflated because he plays with Paul. Just look at how poorly Chandler is doing this year.

The Brand trade is a huge mistake in my opinion. Brand is even more overpayed than Maggette. His stats are pathetic compared to what he was putting up a few years ago.

Agreed. I see AR as better than West and Brand now as well. West has been good since he has been alongside Paul.

Also, too many bigs with that roster, as AB and Turiaf are still here and AB is too highly paid to be a backup.

If we were to go for a star big, I'd want either Amare, Bosh or Al Jefferson. AJeff is a half court guy but he is awesome and the team could revolve around him as such.

Most important thing is a great PG, has been since Baron left, and I don't see either Curry or Monta as being that

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:46 am
migya wrote:

Agreed. I see AR as better than West and Brand now as well. West has been good since he has been alongside Paul.

Also, too many bigs with that roster, as AB and Turiaf are still here and AB is too highly paid to be a backup.

If we were to go for a star big, I'd want either Amare, Bosh or Al Jefferson. AJeff is a half court guy but he is awesome and the team could revolve around him as such.

Most important thing is a great PG, has been since Baron left, and I don't see either Curry or Monta as being that

Ya ok, let's score 24 one night and 6 the next. Sound familiar Anthony Morrow? What happened to "The Light's Out Kid." Anthony Randolph does something great one night, then he turns into Greg Ostertag another. So can you blame Nellie for taking shots of Johnnie Walker at Half-Time? Or smoking a Cuban during practice hardly tolerating what he's witnessing?

Oh, and did I really see "Too many Big's on this roster?", for real? This team can barely out-rebound their Mothers, so getting rid of Big's players sounds real smart.

Who wouldn't want any of those Big's(Amare', Bosh, A. Jefferson)? :dontknow:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:55 am
warchief wrote:
migya wrote:

Ya ok, let's score 24 one night and 6 the next. Sound familiar Anthony Morrow? What happened to "The Light's Out Kid." Anthony Randolph does something great one night, then he turns into Greg Ostertag another. So can you blame Nellie for taking shots of Johnnie Walker at Half-Time? Or smoking a Cuban during practice hardly tolerating what he's witnessing?

Oh, and did I really see "Too many Big's on this roster?", for real? This team can barely out-rebound their Mothers, so getting rid of Big's players sounds real smart.

AR doesn't get the court time he should. His stats are among the best per minute in a number of categories. There enough big on the roster, now trading bigs for bigs is a different story. Trading BW and AB for someone like Amare is a good idea and as for the rebounding, that's to be blamed more on small ball than anything else

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:47 am
warchief wrote:
migya wrote:

2 holes on for youre argument are:
1. AR is 20 years old!!!!!!! He is still wayyyy to young to say that kind of stuff about him. Sure he is irratic when he gets on the court sometimes but what young player isnt?!?! I dont want to give up on him so soon.Id rather trade Curry away if it means getting rid of a bad contract rather than trading AR.

2. We are getting outrebounded because all the bigs that Migya mentioned are injured. ALL OF THEM!!!! Beans, Turiaf, AB and Mikki Moore are all injured. We dont have one single legitimate center healthy. And out of all of those, Beans is the only real dependable center that we do have as it is.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:49 pm
metalface wrote:
warchief wrote:
migya wrote:

1. AR is 20 years old!!!!!!! He is still wayyyy to young to say that kind of stuff about him. Sure he is irratic when he gets on the court sometimes but what young player isnt?!?! I dont want to give up on him so soon.Id rather trade Curry away if it means getting rid of a bad contract rather than trading AR.

2. We are getting outrebounded because all the bigs that Migya mentioned are injured. ALL OF THEM!!!! Beans, Turiaf, AB and Mikki Moore are all injured. We dont have one single legitimate center healthy. And out of all of those, Beans is the only real dependable center that we do have as it is.

you make some valid points. i dont "want" to give up randolph. im just saying if thats the deal buster, i'm pulling the trigger.

Migya wrote: "Also, too many bigs with that roster, as AB and Turiaf are still here and AB is too highly paid to be a backup. hole #2 is filled.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:23 am
playin devils advocate here, but ya cant count Miki. Monta Ellis was outrebounding him
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:59 am
warchief wrote:
metalface wrote:
warchief wrote:
migya wrote:

you make some valid points. i dont "want" to give up randolph. im just saying if thats the deal buster, i'm pulling the trigger.

Migya wrote: "Also, too many bigs with that roster, as AB and Turiaf are still here and AB is too highly paid to be a backup. hole #2 is filled.

When I say too many bigs, I mean that there are enough bigs here already that could and should be used OR at least one moved if another big is to be attained. Only AB is really established and even he is nothing special, just quite good and fills his role well. With AB, AR, BW and Turiaf, that's the Center and PF spots filled, so you can't have one or two of them on the bench (or at least you shouldn't) playing very little, if another good big is attained, just isn't right. I'd rather have two good players at each spot on the roster, so you can really get rid of guys like Law and Moore straight away and fill the roster properly

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:53 am
Yuck!!! I wouldn't trade just Monta for West. West is not a difference maker. We are going to have to get someone worthwhile at PF ( Bosh, Amare, and ( Jefferson, f-ck small ball ) if we are going to take away minutes from Randolph's development. Randolph could be all around better than West in 2 years.

Now Maggette for West sounds good. But I'd prefer Radmonovich and some of our expirings for West. I just don't think he's worth it. In a perverse way, time is on our side, we might be able to get a great deal for expirings in the coming months because no one will fear giving us a good player because we suck so massively.

I think now the time to see what we got when Beans, Turiaf get back. I think we could get better offers approaching the trade deadline. In this talk of big guys, another way to do it could be to take the plunge, give AR more minutes at PF ( Hello, 8 blocks the other night! ) and package Beidrins in deal with Maggs and or Morrow, expirings for a Jefferson, Mark Gasol or a Horford. ( I guess a B. Lopez would be expecting too much. )
War Years

Return to Trades