Maggette for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:48 pm
Maggette and Claxton for Brand?

Sixers GM Ed Stefanski is desperate to unload forward Elton Brand and the $66 million owed over the remaining four years of his crippling contract, sources say, but that will be incredibly difficult. Even with several teams, including Golden State and Charlotte, desperate for low-post scorers and rebounders, no one believes Brand, who makes $14.8 million this season, has enough left to merit taking on that contract.

Before Monta Ellis started on his scoring tear, Philly had hope that his issues with Golden State might inspire the Warriors to take a chance on Brand, but that isn’t happening. Sacramento had some interest in center Samuel Dalembert, another contract Philly wants to shed, but couldn’t work out a three-way deal with Boston.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:37 pm
I would trade Maggette for pretty much anything.... but that being said, Brand has NOTHING left. Even his last month with the Clippers he was a completely different player and looked so slow and plodding.

$66 over 4 more years for a player who will give us nothing is not really helpful.

As much as I would love to move Maggette, I dont see much benefit.

Not sure Sixers would want Maggette's contract either.
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:11 pm
bada wrote:I would trade Maggette for pretty much anything.... but that being said, Brand has NOTHING left. Even his last month with the Clippers he was a completely different player and looked so slow and plodding.

$66 over 4 more years for a player who will give us nothing is not really helpful.

Haven't seen Brand play since he's been with the Sixers, but his stats sure seem awful for him. Does he look much different than he was when with the clips? Speed, jumping and overall game?

I wouldn't trade Maggette for Brand anyway. Not only does he get in the way of AR, but his contract is too expensive and too long. Even if he was like he used to be, I still wouldn't do it, because of AR getting more hindered

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:51 pm
migya wrote:
bada wrote:I would trade Maggette for pretty much anything.... but that being said, Brand has NOTHING left. Even his last month with the Clippers he was a completely different player and looked so slow and plodding.

Haven't seen Brand play since he's been with the Sixers, but his stats sure seem awful for him. Does he look much different than he was when with the clips? Speed, jumping and overall game?

I wouldn't trade Maggette for Brand anyway. Not only does he get in the way of AR, but his contract is too expensive and too long. Even if he was like he used to be, I still wouldn't do it, because of AR getting more hindered

Just look at his stats for this year. Last time I looked at them they were something like 11 points and 6 rebounds. And he is their best big man. He definitely got that contract off of what he did before his last injury.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:32 am
Maggette for Dalembart?
Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:49 am
As much as I dislike Magette, trading one bad contract for another terrible one defeats the purpose.

Patience is a virtue.....maybe we can fool someone near the trade deadline.

Just look for an expirer and try to keep a straight face when you sign off on it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:29 am
It's just not my thing to speculate with trades, but... as Portland is trying to upgrade at SF after all the injuries they're having (Outlaw, Batum... now Oden, although he's not a SF), why not try to trade Regrette for Darious Miles' expirer?

Only problem might be that the Blazers might now want to add so much salary without getting rid of a contract but, in that case, I'd do the trade for Andre Miller (who they're dangling as trade bait). It's not like we need Miller much with Curry here, but he can teach him a lot of things about being a PG in the NBA, and we would be able to get rid of his contract after next season.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:59 am
TMC wrote:It's just not my thing to speculate with trades, but... as Portland is trying to upgrade at SF after all the injuries they're having (Outlaw, Batum... now Oden, although he's not a SF), why not try to trade Regrette for Darious Miles' expirer?

Only problem might be that the Blazers might now want to add so much salary without getting rid of a contract but, in that case, I'd do the trade for Andre Miller (who they're dangling as trade bait). It's not like we need Miller much with Curry here, but he can teach him a lot of things about being a PG in the NBA, and we would be able to get rid of his contract after next season.

keen. Miller's a classy guy
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:13 pm
Quazza wrote:
TMC wrote:It's just not my thing to speculate with trades, but... as Portland is trying to upgrade at SF after all the injuries they're having (Outlaw, Batum... now Oden, although he's not a SF), why not try to trade Regrette for Darious Miles' expirer?

keen. Miller's a classy guy

Agreed and well pointed out TMC, definately a trade I'd do and immediately. I'd then look to trade Monta, with Curry or Biedrins even, for a star PF that would play Center (if Biedrins is in the trade) or SG (if Curry is in the trade). Getting rid of Crawford, SJack and Maggette in less than six months would be something that I'd applaud the management of the team for, as much as I think their coksukers.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:36 pm
I wanted Brand when we had Baron, but when Brand first got injured a couple of years back, and came back last year, I knew he was going to be reinjured. But contrary to everyone else, I think he will rebound and have a good 2010-11. In the last 5 games, he's 18-8, and the last 10 games he's 15.8 and 9.
But having said that, his contract would limit us too much in the future.
I agree that having him would interfere with AR's minutes, but he won't get enough minutes anyway.

Andre Miller for Magette would be great, but Portland would have to throw in someone else, but if they did swallow salary, and we got rid of Maggette and were in an improved salary cap situation in the offseason for a good free agent, that's would be the best of all worlds. They'd be forced to give AR a few more minutes this year. And next year could actually be exciting.
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:07 am
brands avg 15 and 8 this month...

the dude has a lot of good basketball ahead of him...
Wish List

*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
to be continued...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:10 am
KC wrote:brands avg 15 and 8 this month...

I disagree. When I have seen him play, he does not appear to be able to move very well and cant get off the ground. his skill level and body will allow him to be effective but he is an average player at best with a super star contract whose game is going to plummet faster than most.

Last thing we need is another average player with a HUGE contract.
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:26 am
bada wrote:

I disagree. When I have seen him play, he does not appear to be able to move very well and cant get off the ground. his skill level and body will allow him to be effective but he is an average player at best with a super star contract whose game is going to plummet faster than most.

Last thing we need is another average player with a HUGE contract.

No way would I want Brand either. He is locked up for too long for too much $$. He would never be able to run with the Dubs and since there is no half court game in Nellies repetoire, Brand would be a ridiculously overpaid bench warmer or would end up hurting himself trying to run up and down the court.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:59 pm

He has played well lately and I traded him to xbay along with another good player. You get that

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:36 am
ive been on the fence about the maggette for brand trade idea... if it came down to it, i wouldnt do the maggette for brand trade... brand has been playing better and i do believe he has a lot of good basketball ahead of him but his contract his too expensive and too long...
Wish List

*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
to be continued...
Next

Return to Trades