Call Of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 - My Few Days To Dominate

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:59 am
Their gonna patch up the Model range sometime very soon. I'm happy to hear this cause I'm really tired of people blasting me from a far distance with those things. My friend said they already put out the update on PS3. The Javelin glitch is gonna be patched up too I believe.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:14 am
The javelin glitch was patched in the last one, where they also patched the map glitches. This patch is to reduce range and power of the model 1887's and to remove the glitch where it puts you into 9v9 free for all on rust, and that kinda thing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:12 pm
Yeah, the glitch games are horrible. Whenever I play with my buddies, we have to play ground war cause we end up having 9 people, and just last night we entered into 3 consecutive glitch games.

I'm just happy for the Models, I'm tired of people blasting me with it.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:14 pm
xbay wrote:Yeah, the glitch games are horrible. Whenever I play with my buddies, we have to play ground war cause we end up having 9 people, and just last night we entered into 3 consecutive glitch games.

I'm just happy for the Models, I'm tired of people blasting me with it.

yeah, although since i play hardcore, there is a better chance to counter them. Still overall this games been really fun. Sucks that i'll be switching to PS3 soon, i'll have to start over. I'll probably play it on Xbox until it dies out again.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:23 pm
Man I got this game a few weeks ago and two days later my xbox broke. I just got back from vacation and really want to play multiplayer but Im broke as a joke.
I do have to say I like how much more complex and intricate the maps for multiplayer are in MW2 compared to the ones in MW1.[/i]
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:59 pm
metalface wrote:Man I got this game a few weeks ago and two days later my xbox broke. I just got back from vacation and really want to play multiplayer but Im broke as a joke.
I do have to say I like how much more complex and intricate the maps for multiplayer are in MW2 compared to the ones in MW1.[/i]

aww man, what exactly happened to it? E74, RROD..... I had one get E74 and another looked like it was PRE RROD. I baked the board and threw the x clamp fix and it's running for now, but who knows for how long? i'm getting a PS3 soon though.

The maps are one of the things people bitch about the most, but i like them a lot. They are more challenging, and have more of a world at war feel to them i think.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:58 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
metalface wrote:Man I got this game a few weeks ago and two days later my xbox broke. I just got back from vacation and really want to play multiplayer but Im broke as a joke.

aww man, what exactly happened to it? E74, RROD..... I had one get E74 and another looked like it was PRE RROD. I baked the board and threw the x clamp fix and it's running for now, but who knows for how long? i'm getting a PS3 soon though.

The maps are one of the things people bitch about the most, but i like them a lot. They are more challenging, and have more of a world at war feel to them i think.

I have no idea what happened to it exactly. I took it to my GFs house and the next day when I got back home I began playing it, I noticed that the graphics looked really weird and the shading was really off. So I turned it off and when I turned it back it would get power but absolutely nothing else, no sound or video. I tried 2 different cables with both HD quality and normal quality and ive tried two different TVs.
Im thinking of just buying a refurbished one.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:26 am
metalface wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

I have no idea what happened to it exactly. I took it to my GFs house and the next day when I got back home I began playing it, I noticed that the graphics looked really weird and the shading was really off. So I turned it off and when I turned it back it would get power but absolutely nothing else, no sound or video. I tried 2 different cables with both HD quality and normal quality and ive tried two different TVs.
Im thinking of just buying a refurbished one.

aww man that sucks! What i thought of doing was getting an arcade edition one with a store warranty so i could take it to the store when it crapped out, but you said money was kinda tight, so that sucks. I hear the newer xbox's are supposed to be reliable, but screw that, i'm getting a PS3 anyway!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:35 pm
So..................WTF happened to this game?

I mean sh*t, I didnt think it was all that when I got to play it for the first 5 days of its release before I went away.

But now Ive been back at home awhile Ive obviously been trying to catch up.

So after my initial rage filled first few days catch up, where my pre-trip KD ratio dropped from 1.78 to 1.26, Ive managed to pull things back and now am sitting respectably on 1.55.

Now, Ive noticed.................NO-ONE plays the game!!! atleast no-one who I used to play 4 and 5 with............all the old pros that I used to sit at the top of leaderboards with............none of them..............they are all playing other games.

So as far as I can see, heres a few main reasons why this game is a complete pile of sh*t and is now completely and irreversably ruined:

1 - Campers: Of course, they have always been there in that dark corner............but with the new kill streak rewards, it is pandemic and is just plain disgusting to see on such a large scale.

Killstreak rewards almost PROMOTES camping.............I mean sh*t, the first time I got to 10 kills and was about to get me my AC130..............I camped the sh*t out of that 11th kill.............and thats not me.

2 - Complete Randomization of Maps: Ok, so on 4, the maps were perhaps a little too simple and could be learned and mastered very easily and quickly.

5, they addressed that and I feel struck the perfect balance between map/line of sight/fire/spawn/objective symmetry.

In this game..................you can be killed from ANY angle.............now yes, I know this is more representative of real life and all that crap..............but for gods sake, I would actually like skill to come into play at some point!!! not just random spawning and a million and one ways to look at the same spot leading to me being shot in the back 9 times out of 10.

Its ridiculous.............and once again, promotes camping.

3 - A Poor "Array" of Weapons: Of course, theres always been the favourites and the guns that are far overpowered (MP40?).................but jesus, does every Assault Rifle have to be the perfect weapon? power, range, no recoil on any of them basically and steady hip fire.

What happend to certain guns suiting certain maps? what happened to having to have skill to use a particular weapon? what happened to actually bothering to use different weapons and priding yourself on the fact that you mastered them all?

Ridiculously overpowered secondary weapons.

Moreover, all the f*cking perk combinations are just waaaaaaayyyyyyyyy over the top.

I mean being able to have a noob tube, and still keep a perk 1!!! so you get the kid with a noob tube AND a javelin?...........brilliant.

And just the whole feel of the perks is set up in such a way that, again, promotes sh*tty, p*ssyfied tactics and ways of playing.

4 - Spawning: ....................really? do I have to justify/explain this?

Ok............one word.............. = Joke.
Theres a whole lot more wrong with this game of course but I wont go into that right now because Rob isnt here anymore and most everyone else on this board doesnt really seem to care about talking about anything other than us getting LeBron or some comparable fantasy.............but god damn why did they have to do this to "my" game?

And I didnt have anyone else/no other way of venting about this.............so yeah, thats that, please feel free to ignore.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 am
Haha... yeah, no one plays it anymore. After you left for all those trips, I was rolling 9 people deep in some Ground War. But then school and work came along, and we all stopped playing. I haven't bought any of the new map packs, yet... I mean... you're going to have to shell out about $40 just to get enough Microsoft Points to buy both map packs! That's $100 on ONE GAME! RIDICULOUS! Unless you're a hardcore gamer, I don't know anyone else that would be willing to shell out that kinda money just for some new maps to play on. Although, I'll admit, the default maps got old real, real, REAL fassssssst.

I agree on the campers, though. I think what separates this game and the first Modern Warfare is that people play for killstreaks now. I know, it's apart of the game and it's a strategy, but you see guys camping mainly because they're trying to get the Nuke. So you're having a person camp in the corner until he gets his Harriers, let's his Harriers do work and maybe add a couple more kills just to get to his Chopper Gunner or AC-130 if his Harriers didn't do the job, then does work with the Chopper or AC and acquires the Nuke.

The maps on certain game modes are pretty bad. They really should consider only allowing the snow map to be played on when playing Ground War. It's just ridiculously huge. Way too big to play on for a 6v6 mode.

I think the perks create a stronger handicap this time around than the first Modern Warfare. You need less skill this time.

Spawning is pretty horrible, I agree. There were so many times where I spawned in the middle of crossfire.

On a side note... this is not a complaint; it's more of a wtf? But some people play this game waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. I see them quick scoping, no scoping... doing some ridiculous crap.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:28 am
xbay wrote:Haha... yeah, no one plays it anymore. After you left for all those trips, I was rolling 9 people deep in some Ground War. But then school and work came along, and we all stopped playing. I haven't bought any of the new map packs, yet... I mean... you're going to have to shell out about $40 just to get enough Microsoft Points to buy both map packs! That's $100 on ONE GAME! RIDICULOUS! Unless you're a hardcore gamer, I don't know anyone else that would be willing to shell out that kinda money just for some new maps to play on. Although, I'll admit, the default maps got old real, real, REAL fassssssst.

I agree on the campers, though. I think what separates this game and the first Modern Warfare is that people play for killstreaks now. I know, it's apart of the game and it's a strategy, but you see guys camping mainly because they're trying to get the Nuke. So you're having a person camp in the corner until he gets his Harriers, let's his Harriers do work and maybe add a couple more kills just to get to his Chopper Gunner or AC-130 if his Harriers didn't do the job, then does work with the Chopper or AC and acquires the Nuke.

The maps on certain game modes are pretty bad. They really should consider only allowing the snow map to be played on when playing Ground War. It's just ridiculously huge. Way too big to play on for a 6v6 mode.

I think the perks create a stronger handicap this time around than the first Modern Warfare. You need less skill this time.

Spawning is pretty horrible, I agree. There were so many times where I spawned in the middle of crossfire.

On a side note... this is not a complaint; it's more of a wtf? But some people play this game waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. I see them quick scoping, no scoping... doing some ridiculous crap.

Well there we have it man.............you said it all as well.

It is just that general feeling of moving away from being actually skilled at the game where youre reactions and thinking speed was the key factor in how good you are...............to pretty much everyone playing like a p*ssy, so eliminating that.

Also, man, it is weird how everyone doesnt play anymore though huh?.............I mean 4 and 5 were played to death, nearly everyone of my friends would be playing it, from its release date to the release of the next one..............and this one is just barron.

On a related note..............the people that play this one now/still, are all complete c*nts! I mean yeah, you always get youre idiots, annoying kids, over aggresive nutters and all that................but I havnt actually had any kind of fun or laughs wih ANYONE on this game................they are all pricks.

Especially noticable after talking to so many cool and funny people on 5...............I suppose it literally is where all the people who are actually good at the game and actually want to play the right way (hence, the people with brains and those are interested in enjoying it) have just left it..............and all you have remaining are the pathetic little noobs and cheaters.

Ohh well, Ill play every so often..............I still manage to kick the crap out of people (which is why this rant wasnt about me doing badly at the game, just my feelings towards how its been ruined) and we shall see what the next one offers up.

Is it true that the Black Ops thing isnt going to have online multiplayer?...............cuz it will not be mine if it doesnt.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:42 am
James buddy, i stopped playing the damn thing for like 2 months, though i still like the game. The way people play it make it difficult to play, but the mechanics and graphics are still there. I actually have had more fun on Battlefield bad company 2. Its more of an objective game, more things to do, no worrying about KDR. The popularity of COD just killed the community. I've also been playing some Red Dead and of course mainly NHL.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:07 am
As soon as I saw this thread back in the top of the off-topic forum, I knew Bigs was finally back home... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:14 am
RobDIKUM wrote:James buddy, i stopped playing the damn thing for like 2 months, though i still like the game. The way people play it make it difficult to play, but the mechanics and graphics are still there. I actually have had more fun on Battlefield bad company 2. Its more of an objective game, more things to do, no worrying about KDR. The popularity of COD just killed the community. I've also been playing some Red Dead and of course mainly NHL.

Hey Robbo!!! glad you noticed this and decided to come out from under probably a similar rock to the one Ive been hiding under.

Well thats it isnt it, I mean all those things I mentioned up there and all the complaints you can have about the game.............it boils down to how much you enjoy playing it.

So if all those things add up to a poor/annoying/boring game experience, which all the camping and repetition does, then overall it doesnt really matter about all the fancy little crap they add to the game............it just doesnt make up a fun game to play.

Which is largely what happens to all games..............especially franchises/ones that have many follow ups.

Ive found it with sports games...........I pretty much only like one every 3-4 years, as they just go too far with them and mess them all up.

And the same with this............if you think about how simple COD 4 was............small, sometimes narrow, simple maps, with not many angles to get killed from, just boiled down to who was better/quicker/smarter.

Its tough for game developers I suppose...............I mean you cant just turn out the same/similar product year after year, you HAVE to make changes to keep up the illusion that its worth quitting on the previous version..............but hey, if it aint broke dont fix it! and also, you can just go far too far with these things.............which is what I feel theyve done with this one.

Anywho, I got no job and no money...............which in turn means = no new games..............so Im stuck with it for now. :wink:

TMC wrote:As soon as I saw this thread back in the top of the off-topic forum, I knew Bigs was finally back home... :mrgreen:

LOL!..............you know it bro! Im trying. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:12 am
Yeah this rock is rather comfortable. :) well this board irritates me sometimes, and I find myself less and less interested in the warriors basketball section. It feels like nothing is worth talking about.

Anyway on to videogames, any game will drive u mad atsome point. I play NHL a ton and the game drives me insane. MW2 does the same, though there are some great things about it, the community has no respect for competition. Its the same way as nhl, people want to win at all costs and in the case of mw2, improve kdr at all costs. That makes objective games pointless.I prefer battlefield, it makes a bit more sense, though its a bit clunkier in the controls. Anyway, james, get a PS3!!! (When u get a job of course )
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum