2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:53 am
i have extended the trade deadline back a week!

Hope no one minds... if the general consciencious is that it;s a nae then ill change it back to it's original date of Nov 20th.

But my reasoning has to do with the bye week... Now that every team has completed there bye weeks for the season. I thought one more weekend where all teams in this fantasy league can gauge which players will be on there bench and which players will be on there sidelines.

It gives us all the opportunity to explore for a blockbuster trade for the guys rotting on the bench! & no one is out of playoff contention yet.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:22 am
Fine with me, I doubt I'm going to make any trades anyway, unless the right offer comes by.

But since I'm in first, I don't think I need to... although my team could be in danger of facing elimination if the right team plays me with the right match ups.

Sorta worried about how Marion Barber will produce... but that's it.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:20 am
I've got no problem with that change, Pawno.

I don't think we'll see that kind of blockbuster deal you're talking about, because nobody will want to get rid of his best players at this point, but I'm ok with moving back the deadline one week.

btw, after losing Ronnie Brown, I think it's safe to say I'm out of the playoff picture, barring a lats minutes miracle.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:29 am
im cool with it...however i will need to say.....that making changes this late in the season shows how well you thought out the RULES YOU ESTABLISHED FROM THE ONSET. Come on Pawno you got more game than that. Dont you :?: :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:52 am
Hey, E-Man, check your trades. After losing Ronnie Brown, I need to trade for a RB, and you have one of the deepest teams at that position.

I'm willing to deal for other RBs as well, so maybe we'll be able to work something out.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:38 pm
TMC wrote:Hey, E-Man, check your trades. After losing Ronnie Brown, I need to trade for a RB, and you have one of the deepest teams at that position.

I'm willing to deal for other RBs as well, so maybe we'll be able to work something out.

Let me guess... is it for Ricky Williams? :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:14 am
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:Hey, E-Man, check your trades. After losing Ronnie Brown, I need to trade for a RB, and you have one of the deepest teams at that position.

Let me guess... is it for Ricky Williams? :mrgreen:

[sarcasm]Noooooooo, it's for Ike Bruce... [sarcams off] :mrgreen:

Obviously, yeah, it's for Ricky but extensive to almost any of his RBs.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:46 pm
Had I played Shiancoe and Holmes, I would of won. Instead, I opted for Celek(whom I should of never played) and Burleson(who had a favorable match up).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:11 am
Amazing. I needed a miracle to defeat Flacc... Pawnosucks and it just happened. Brees had the game of his life (adn that's saying a lot) and throws for almost 400 yards and 5 TD. Simply... amazing.

Although it might be too late to sneak into the playoffs... F*ck, now that my team is starting to click.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:32 am
TMC wrote:Amazing. I needed a miracle to defeat Flacc... Pawnosucks and it just happened. Brees had the game of his life (adn that's saying a lot) and throws for almost 400 yards and 5 TD. Simply... amazing.

Although it might be too late to sneak into the playoffs... F*ck, now that my team is starting to click.

You sneaking into the playoffs is like a Necrophiliac sneaking into a dead hooker... with a heartbeat still pumping (AINT GONNA HAPPEN)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:09 am
Thanks to Mr. Crackerz, I'll still be able to maintain the top seed after he defeated William. I'm glad cause I rather face Juggernaut than Mr. C.

Yes, I fear the idea of facing Chris Johnson, the man that basically carried me to take the title last year(along with Thomas Jones).

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:03 am
xbay wrote:Thanks to Mr. Crackerz, I'll still be able to maintain the top seed after he defeated William. I'm glad cause I rather face Juggernaut than Mr. C.

Yes, I fear the idea of facing Chris Johnson, the man that basically carried me to take the title last year(along with Thomas Jones).

My winning streak is as equivilant to the Titans.... hence the reason why i pick them in pick-ems each week

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:03 pm
xbay wrote:Thanks to Mr. Crackerz, I'll still be able to maintain the top seed after he defeated William. I'm glad cause I rather face Juggernaut than Mr. C.

Them's fighting words Xbay!

Although I will admit, Crackerz team is on a HUGE roll right now. I always thought, even from the start of the season, that he had the best team on paper.

But don't count out the Juggernaut. My guys will continue to bust their asses to be considered worthy of being on my fantasy team. What I really need is Brandon Jacobs to remember how to be a feature running back...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:32 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:

Them's fighting words Xbay!

Although I will admit, Crackerz team is on a HUGE roll right now. I always thought, even from the start of the season, that he had the best team on paper.

But don't count out the Juggernaut. My guys will continue to bust their asses to be considered worthy of being on my fantasy team. What I really need is Brandon Jacobs to remember how to be a feature running back...

Yeah, that's the thing. I'm not scared of Brandon Jacobs. I have him in another league, and he's just been a real downer. The fact that Chris Johnson has been getting Mr. Crackerz like 25+ points in the last weeks is a no-no for me.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:50 am
xbay wrote:I'm not scared of Brandon Jacobs.

Wise words, indeed. :mrgreen:

Ok, I've got this win locked, even tho E-Man has three guys still to play. But 113 to 59 sounds like a safe lead. Particularly because he has Aaron Rodgers and Balt¡more's D to play, so if Rodgers has a great game, the Ravens D won't get many points and that also works the other way around.

But my playoff hopes are pretty dim. Didn't realize only 4 teams make the playoffs in this league. So, basically, I may have a chance to finish 7-7 and 5th in the regular season, but that's about it.

My only chance for the playoffs would be to beat Pawno in the last week and hope for Williams losing to Gamblers to sneak into the 4th spot. But, in that case, there would be a 7-7 tie between the three of us, plus E-Man or JOEL, who face each other in the last week. I think the tiebreaker it's points scored, so I would win it... but I'm not totally sure. Let me know if I'm wrong.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum