Andrew Bogut = This Years M.I.P

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:26 am
Hey everyone. I just wanted thoughts on the likelyhood of Andrew Bogut becoming an allstar? I know it's super early days but gauging on his numbers of 15 points 9 boards 2 blocks and 1 steal averaga a game leading his Bucks to top of there div. Good chance he's there considering Dwight is a shoe in for votes n i don't think shaq makes it unless he wows the coaches. Anyways if i'm wrong. Shoot the biased Aussie down.
Last edited by PAWNO on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:23 am
PAWNO wrote:Hey everyone. I just wanted thoughts on the likelyhood of Andrew Bogut becoming an allstar? I know it's super early days but gauging on his numbers of 15 points 9 boards 2 blocks and 1 steal averaga a game leading his Bucks to top of there div. Good chance he's there considering Dwight is a shoe in for votes n i don't think shaq makes it unless he wows the coaches. Anyways if i'm wrong. Shoot the biased Aussie down

Biased maybe-but besides Dwight, is there a Center in the East playing better than him? None spring to mind?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:52 am
Bogut is the second best Center in the East right now, no doubt about it and he should be picked allstar right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:30 am
I'd still would rather have Brook Lopez over him... so third best center in the east, but that's still pretty good.
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:24 am
Did Shaq retire?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:56 pm
Beast Mode wrote:Did Shaq retire?

Shaq is not going to beat out Dwight for the starting job and his stats are not worthy of being an all star. His stats last year were way better and that was why he was selected, but this year he is not much better than most other so-so centers like Perkins, Gortat, Horford, the other Oneal and a few others.

I could see Lopez or Bogut getting selected over Shaq by the coaches this year.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 pm
The only way I see Oneal getting selected is out of respect from him because of what he has done in the past but, that was the main reason that he was chosen last year. So it would not be justifiable to select him this year with his stats.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:10 pm
Bogut's good, but I doubt he makes it unless the Bucks are winning. I say Horford makes it cause he's putting up nice stats and the Hawks are winning(best record in the East at the moment). But we'll just have to wait and see around January-February.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:35 pm
xbay wrote:Bogut's good, but I doubt he makes it unless the Bucks are winning. I say Horford makes it cause he's putting up nice stats and the Hawks are winning(best record in the East at the moment). But we'll just have to wait and see around January-February.

I would say skill / talentwise, Bogut is #3 or 4 in the East behind Howard, Horford and maybe right there with Lopez.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:58 pm
I just read that Bogut is out for 2-4 weeks after an MRI revealed a stress fracture in his leg.

The poor dude just can't stay healthy...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:57 am
TMC wrote:I'd still would rather have Brook Lopez over him... so third best center in the east, but that's still pretty good.

Completely forgot about Lopez, probably because the Nets are so bad right now. That is also the reason why Bogut would definately be considered over Lopex right now, not even close I think. The Bucks are a huge surprise by the amount they've won so far and Bogut has been a large part of that, especially with Redd out.

I also agree with xbay that Horford is probably a little better than Bogut, just not statistically. It will really depend on how much each team has won by the time allstars are picked.

Haven't read that Bogut is injured again but if he is, what a bad break for him and his team and if he is out for more than a month and/or the Bucks are not winning much by the time the allstars are picked, he won't get picked

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:21 am
It's sorta like how when Chris Kaman is healthy, he's one of the top centers in the West. Other than Bynum, who's better than Kaman at center? And actually, you could make the argument to put Kaman above Bynum.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:38 pm
im pretty sure Bogut will get that reserve spot!

Brook Lopez is to much like monta (in terms that he produces on a losing team)

The only stiff comp he has is Bargnani... but i think he can beat him out!
oh yeah and Dave Lee is playing pretty good, but dont the knicks still stink!!
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:16 am
xbay wrote:It's sorta like how when Chris Kaman is healthy, he's one of the top centers in the West. Other than Bynum, who's better than Kaman at center? And actually, you could make the argument to put Kaman above Bynum.

is Bynum better than Kaman though?
uptempo wrote:Dude, why are you so obsessed with Mullin?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:37 am
I'd like to see Bogut get it, not because his Australian, because I couldn't give a rat's, but because he has played real well and the Bucks are a huge surprise with how much they've won, to me at least

Next

Return to NBA Forum