Jackson Trade

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are the Warriors better off without Jack even though they didn't get a lot in return?

Hell Yeeaah
63%
Yes
25%
No
13%

Total votes : 16

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:25 pm
New look; will team chemistry improve?
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:50 pm
Do you need 3 different threads for one topic? The answer is no.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:10 pm
I've erased the two other threads. It's enough with just once to discuss it.

And, by the thread in the Warriors forum in which everybody seem to be happy after the trade, the answer looks pretty easy, don't you think?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:10 am
Got to say well done in getting rid of SJack, though not a whole lot came back in return for him, it was a huge move just to get rid of him. Bell is a good player that plays defense, a huge thing as well. I like him and though he is at his best with a real PG beside him, he is still capable of being a godd contributor.

Crawford and SJack gone, next player should be Monta, yes I mean that, as now he is looking pretty much a bad attitude, but maybe he would be alright with the following changes, and that's new coach, president and owner.

Nelson is a bad attitude coach, he has to go and if that is accomplished, this current roster of players can be settled. Rowell and Cohan are the creators of the mess, they have to go for a similar mess not to happen again.

As for players, after what I've said above, Maggette has to go, though he can be productive, he is paid too much and is not a player that is involved in a winner, as his career has shown. Everyone else is keepable, besides maybe Bell and definately Radman. Curry can stay if Monta leaves, whether as PG or SG.

My ideal situation would be to trade Monta and Maggette for a resigned and wanting to be here Amare. Radman is an expirer so trade him for a god role player that can contribute, someone like Chris Anderson
Last edited by migya on Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:56 am
Love that he's gone. But there's one thing really nagging at me-yes, we're rid of jackson, but it(that contract) was our own fkn mistake in the first place.

I hate that

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:43 pm
They essentially only got one player. Vladimir aint bad, but the Cleveland trade would have been better for the team, especially because Delonte West's contract isnt garanteed, and they could have waived him, at no expense to the warriors.

Quazza for Avatar of the Year!!!
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:54 pm
migya wrote:Got to say well done in getting rid of SJack, though not a whole lot came back in return for him, it was a huge move just to get rid of him. Bell is a good player that plays defense, a huge thing as well. I like him and though he is at his best with a real PG beside him, he is still capable of being a godd contributor.

Crawford and SJack gone, next player should be Monta, yes I mean that, as now he is looking pretty much a bad attitude, but maybe he would be alright with the following changes, and that's new coach, president and owner.

Nelson is a bad attitude coach, he has to go and if that is accomplished, this current roster of players can be settled. Rowell and Cohan are the creators of the mess, they have to go for a similar mess not to happen again.

As for players, after what I've said above, Maggette has to go, though he can be productive, he is paid too much and is not a player that is involved in a winner, as his career has shown. Everyone else is keepable, besides maybe Bell and definately Radman. Curry can stay if Monta leaves, whether as PG or SG.

My ideal situation would be to trade Monta and Maggette for a resigned and wanting to be here Amare. Radman is an expirer so trade him for a god role player that can contribute, someone like Chris Anderson

Is Chris Anderson aka "ChickenMan" from the nuggets? That crazy son of a beeotch would go postal in a month on this team!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:53 am
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
migya wrote:Got to say well done in getting rid of SJack, though not a whole lot came back in return for him, it was a huge move just to get rid of him. Bell is a good player that plays defense, a huge thing as well. I like him and though he is at his best with a real PG beside him, he is still capable of being a godd contributor.

Is Chris Anderson aka "ChickenMan" from the nuggets? That crazy son of a beeotch would go postal in a month on this team!

I like what he brings in limited time. His defense and energy are real assets

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:38 am
migya wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:

I like what he brings in limited time. His defense and energy are real assets

True. If we could get a high-energy guy like that and get on a roll, it change the look of this team drastically. Put a stipulation in the contract that only one player on the roster gets to use an entire bottle of gel on their hair before games though.

Return to Trades