For Hornets to move forward, Chris Paul needs to go

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:57 am
The obvious trading partner is the Golden State Warriors, who have a terrific fan base and dysfunctional situation.

With a team of perimeter shooters, Paul would be the classic fit. The only time this Warriors group had success was with a point guard, Baron Davis. And by now it seems coach Don Nelson has alienated half the roster, a roster much better than its record.

Perhaps Paul and someone like Julian Wright, who'd fallen out of favor, for Monta Ellis and LSU's Anthony Randolph to give the Hornets two talented youngsters while Golden State gets its star to run its offense. Golden State also adds a draft pick. How good would shooters like Anthony Morrow and Stephen Curry be playing off Paul? Such a deal would also save the Hornets more than $2 million toward their vital goal of getting under the luxury tax this season since you can match salaries within 25 percent. It might send the Warriors into the luxury tax, but for a player like Paul given their situation you'd have to strongly consider that.
Posted by Sam Smith
http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_091116.html

could a trade like this actually happen? optimistically saying yes...
would you trade ellis and randolph for chris paul? BIG TIME YES
is sam smith a teenager with a big imagination? possible...
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:29 am
I'd do that immediately but the Hornets wouldn't

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:24 am
Sam Smith again? This guy comes up with the wackiest trades and posts the most ridiculous story. Stories that I might add WILL NEVER happen.

You don't trade someone like Chris Paul. You either lose him to FA or to injury. Chris Paul is the epitome of a franchise player. Someone who can both carry a team and make the team better.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:34 am
saintdee wrote:Sam Smith again? This guy comes up with the wackiest trades and posts the most ridiculous story. Stories that I might add WILL NEVER happen.

You don't trade someone like Chris Paul. You either lose him to FA or to injury. Chris Paul is the epitome of a franchise player. Someone who can both carry a team and make the team better.

not saying this deal is likely, it almost definitely will not happen, but this same franchise did trade Baron Davis!

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 pm
Wasn't there talk about trading Chris Paul during the offseason?

I think we would have to come up with something stronger then that. Maybe we would have to throw in Morrow or Buike for it to happen, and I wouldn't want to do that.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:16 pm
I think they've been looking at offers for a while. It's sad to see that New Orleans can't hold a team given their financial struggles. It's a pipe dream, but hey... we can dream. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:02 am
Oh man, Im willing to part with Monta but Randolph's potential is just too intriguing to give up even for Paul. I say give Ellis and George or something but I know Im just kidding myself if I think that they would take that. Actually if the Lakers can land Gasol for nothing, why cant we???
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:18 am
Hey, KC, for next time, you have to put this first:

Posted by Sam Smith

Just so I don't waste any of my precious time reading nonsense.

How a guy like Sam Smith still has a job is beyond me, btw...

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:52 am
this is laughable shi*. chris paul aint goin nowhere, not for monta ellis boys and girls. or anothony randolph. or, both holding hands down bourbon street. won't happen, ever. Chris Paul is an All-Star. Who have the Warriors got?
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Return to Trades