Going to Maui

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:54 pm
Im going to Maui in a little over a month. Im staying on the west end of the island at the Westin resort. Just wondering if you guys had any recommendations on things to do there that are cheap and stuff. Maybe some nice nature related things. Thanks.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:20 pm
metalface wrote:Im going to Maui in a little over a month. Im staying on the west end of the island at the Westin resort. Just wondering if you guys had any recommendations on things to do there that are cheap and stuff. Maybe some nice nature related things. Thanks.

Hmmmm.............most enjoyable thing I could recommend.............find Nelson's summer place and pack the foundations with C4, on a timer to go off on July 1st.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:33 pm
bigstrads wrote:
metalface wrote:Im going to Maui in a little over a month. Im staying on the west end of the island at the Westin resort. Just wondering if you guys had any recommendations on things to do there that are cheap and stuff. Maybe some nice nature related things. Thanks.

Hmmmm.............most enjoyable thing I could recommend.............find Nelson's summer place and pack the foundations with C4, on a timer to go off on July 1st.

Yeah that was one of the first things that I thought of. But it might be kind of hard to get explosives on the plane.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:58 pm
metalface wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Yeah that was one of the first things that I thought of. But it might be kind of hard to get explosives on the plane.

Take a boat!...........it would be worth it. :wink:

Seriously though, hope you have a nice trip, Im sure it will be beautiful and very relaxing..............sorry I couldnt help.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:11 am
Hawaii is the place I most want to go to, has been my whole life

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:32 am
Restraunt Wise? There's a cool bar by the waterside built onto a old rattly wooden pier... Great sunsets and beers... It's called Bubba Gumps as in from Forrest Gump (seafood shrimp restraunt)

& Then there's some awesome Diving Rocks from the Cliff... It's right near the Sheraton... but i think they closed it down from the public and professionals dive off top.

Anyways man.. keep a eye out for the Whale Skeleton... I remember playing inside it with me and my brother as kids... (OFF LIMITS AREA)
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:21 pm
Be sure you make it over to the North and East side of the island. Paia is a cool little hippie town, and Hana on the far east end of the island is a magical place!! If it hasn't rained hard in recent days you can usually drive all the way around the island on its south side... surreal. Also a drive up to the top of Haleakala before sunrise is a must at least once in life!!!! The sunrise there above the clouds coming up over the top of a volcano is beyond amazing!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:25 pm
Jackattack wrote:Be sure you make it over to the North and East side of the island. Paia is a cool little hippie town, and Hana on the far east end of the island is a magical place!! If it hasn't rained hard in recent days you can usually drive all the way around the island on its south side... surreal. Also a drive up to the top of Haleakala before sunrise is a must at least once in life!!!! The sunrise there above the clouds coming up over the top of a volcano is beyond amazing!!

Have a family owned condo in Maui so been many times. Jack has given you some great nature recommendations. The drive to Hana is very cool. But very slow going. You should plan on making it a whole day while stoping at points here and there to see some waterfalls. That is the lush side of the island.

Certainly make time for snorkling.

Haleakala is a great recomendation as well.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:30 pm
Thanks for the suggestions, I dont know if we are going to rent a car or not (we are both under 25) because it gets expensive, but we will try to see as much of the island as possible.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:30 pm
metalface wrote:Thanks for the suggestions, I dont know if we are going to rent a car or not (we are both under 25) because it gets expensive, but we will try to see as much of the island as possible.

for the hana trip, there are bus tours from most of the major resorts so that is one option. price is not bad if you consider that it is a FULL day. The problem is you dont know who you will get stuck with and they probably wont stop at the points you want. But certainly you will get the picture of Hana.

Since money seems like a big concern, snorkeling would be a great option. You can go to one of the million dive shops and rent snokel and fins for a few $'s/day and can catch some great snorkeling for free right off many of the beaches (i definately have a few fave spots). You would not have to pay for one of the big boat trips like to Molokini Crater although that can be pretty spectacular

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm
I just got back. I stayed at the Sheraton. I highly recommend snorkeling and the sunrise on Haleakala. I also did the bike ride down. Didnt get a chance to do Hana rd. Lots of nice restaurants in Lahaina town. Make sure you stop by there since it's about 10 minutes from where you will be staying. Whalers village is near you too.

Return to Off-Topic Forum