Call Of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 - My Few Days To Dominate

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:35 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Rehren1296 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Anyway.................TV is leaving my house in about an hours time!!! :cry: ..............got to pack it up in a minute.
How could you allow such a thing?

Ahh, I see why you said it was "ridiculous" now.

Well, it went into storage..............because Im coming over to the Bay, seen any of my threads about it?

And we are renting our apartment out to someone, and they have their own TV.

However, I just hooked up the smaller TV from our bedroom, thats staying, and thats doing fine right now...........so Ill be playing right up until we leave next Wednesday. :wink:

wouldn't your girl just get a kick out it if i were to bring my xbox to your room during your stay? hahaha, she would leave your ass here.

Anyway, i can't wait to get on this game again. The maps are so much better this time around. COD4 had some good maps, but they always felt like staged arenas. There is so much cover in these maps, there are so many options to go about a battle.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:15 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Rehren1296 wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Anyway.................TV is leaving my house in about an hours time!!! :cry: ..............got to pack it up in a minute.
How could you allow such a thing?

Ahh, I see why you said it was "ridiculous" now.

Well, it went into storage..............because Im coming over to the Bay, seen any of my threads about it?

And we are renting our apartment out to someone, and they have their own TV.

However, I just hooked up the smaller TV from our bedroom, thats staying, and thats doing fine right now...........so Ill be playing right up until we leave next Wednesday. :wink:

wouldn't your girl just get a kick out it if i were to bring my xbox to your room during your stay? hahaha, she would leave your ass here.

Anyway, i can't wait to get on this game again. The maps are so much better this time around. COD4 had some good maps, but they always felt like staged arenas. There is so much cover in these maps, there are so many options to go about a battle.

LOL................she is still slightly concerned that when we come and see you, that Im just going to irgnore her and just be on Live with you. :mrgreen:

Man, you certainly spot on with the maps..................have you managed to get in Hardcore yet?

The reason I ask, is the the maps being this way transpires to PANDEMIC camping in Hardcore.................f*ck................I got really quite angry with the game last night.

Especially since my KD ratio dropped to like 2.04. :cry: ..............just because all these p*ssies are too affraid to actually move around the maps.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:20 am
Haven't played hardcore,but ill try soon. The good thing is on regular the guns are more powerful and there is no juggernaut. Anyway, you gonna be on today? I'll be on for a good while hopefully
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:02 am
Have you guys tried Special Ops, yet? I forgot which level, but my friend was telling me there was this extremely hard one where you fight waves of hostiles with juggernaut and the best of the vehicles or something like that.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:05 am
Well that was a complete waste of time huh fellas?

Not talking much and getting the crap knocked out of us............my KD went from 2.01 to 1.96. :evil: :banghead: :cry:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:34 pm
Ok, well I cant play this bull sh*t camp fest f*ck stick piece of sh*t game anymore.

Im f*cking glad Im going away now............so I dont have to watch, what is essentially a great game, descend into a pathetic joke filled with p*ssies hiding in every single f*cking corner putting one bullet in my ankle whilst I pump entire clips into them. :evil:

F*ck off.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:18 pm
Jesus, one last chance I gave it, before I go away, and yeah..............Im glad as f*ck Im going away. :evil:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:54 pm
bigstrads wrote:Jesus, one last chance I gave it, before I go away, and yeah..............Im glad as f*ck Im going away. :evil:

Peoples obsession with K/D ratio is killing the competitive nature of the game. I still find it fun, though i'm sure i haven't played it nearly as much. All people want to do is sit in a corner to try to get a streak going. The community is pretty awful, but you gotta find a way around it. By the way, james, have you tried the 3rd person team tactical? that's pretty fun.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:39 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Jesus, one last chance I gave it, before I go away, and yeah..............Im glad as f*ck Im going away. :evil:

Peoples obsession with K/D ratio is killing the competitive nature of the game. I still find it fun, though i'm sure i haven't played it nearly as much. All people want to do is sit in a corner to try to get a streak going. The community is pretty awful, but you gotta find a way around it. By the way, james, have you tried the 3rd person team tactical? that's pretty fun.

Yeah man..............I mean, these guys who do that still dont really get THAT good ratios or whatever..........so nobody wins really.

I mean Ive always been about the K/D ratio but IVe never been one to sit around and wait for my kills...............the best games IVe ever had on all the COD's have been when Ive been running around like a nut case, shooting all the campers in the back.

Its just so tough to do that in this game because there is literally an infinate amount of places for people to hide, and so hence you just cant have all the angles covered.

Anyway, Xbox has been packed away now.............so thats it! :wink:

I havnt tried that 3rd person thing, didnt really know what it was so didnt bother to try it............maybe when Im chilling with the Dikum very soon Ill give it go. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:59 pm
There was a period in time with Modern Warfare 1 where I started to obsess over K/D ratios. But that really took out the enjoyment of the game, cause whenever I'd go negative, I'd be pissed off and lay off the game for the day.

These days, I just try to be a team player, rather than the MVP. Cause when I do that, I start going 24 and 9 and not even notice it!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:09 pm
Dont worry Bigs, in a couple days you will be playing Mario Kart racing and Super Mario Bros with my children! Then they can kick your ass too! :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:24 pm
xbay wrote:There was a period in time with Modern Warfare 1 where I started to obsess over K/D ratios. But that really took out the enjoyment of the game, cause whenever I'd go negative, I'd be pissed off and lay off the game for the day.

These days, I just try to be a team player, rather than the MVP. Cause when I do that, I start going 24 and 9 and not even notice it!

I'm just curious- Does being a team player consist of sacrificing yourself for the sake of your team? Like do they have strategies that require a player to run into certain death just so the rest of the team can sneak around the back and ambush the opposition?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:38 pm
fine wrote:
xbay wrote:There was a period in time with Modern Warfare 1 where I started to obsess over K/D ratios. But that really took out the enjoyment of the game, cause whenever I'd go negative, I'd be pissed off and lay off the game for the day.

I'm just curious- Does being a team player consist of sacrificing yourself for the sake of your team? Like do they have strategies that require a player to run into certain death just so the rest of the team can sneak around the back and ambush the opposition?

I think when you play with a full team, there are tons of strategies you can employ. The teams that think they are pro, will spawn at the beginning of the game and guard areas directly next to their spawn. When the other team gets killed not knowing the camping strategy, they get behind and start pressing to catch up which plays into the campers hands. They are seriously ok with being bored with an entire match in order to get the win or a high KDR. It's seriously the Van Gundy strategy of COD.

But there are other things, and definitely fine, being the the decoy is a good one, If your team knows you are going out to bring out the other guys, you can get a good idea where they are camping. I like when you can be tactical with a team, but i refuse to believe camping in your own spawn is all that tactical. At least advance and gain some position.

Oh and James, third person is just the view where you can see your character. It allows you to see more of the environment. It's a nice change of pace. They don't have enough game modes to support a lot of playing in it, but it has team tactical, which has CTF, Domination, and deathmatch.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:49 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
fine wrote:

I think when you play with a full team, there are tons of strategies you can employ. The teams that think they are pro, will spawn at the beginning of the game and guard areas directly next to their spawn. When the other team gets killed not knowing the camping strategy, they get behind and start pressing to catch up which plays into the campers hands. They are seriously ok with being bored with an entire match in order to get the win or a high KDR. It's seriously the Van Gundy strategy of COD.

But there are other things, and definitely fine, being the the decoy is a good one, If your team knows you are going out to bring out the other guys, you can get a good idea where they are camping. I like when you can be tactical with a team, but i refuse to believe camping in your own spawn is all that tactical. At least advance and gain some position.

Oh and James, third person is just the view where you can see your character. It allows you to see more of the environment. It's a nice change of pace. They don't have enough game modes to support a lot of playing in it, but it has team tactical, which has CTF, Domination, and deathmatch.

Well for me, it's like I'm the point guard. I try to make sure I let guys know where I see someone or if someone is in a particular area and what not.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:57 pm
xbay wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
fine wrote:

Well for me, it's like I'm the point guard. I try to make sure I let guys know where I see someone or if someone is in a particular area and what not.

yeah i think you gotta do that. This game it seems even more important than in COD4 or in WAW. Anyway, who else on 360 has been playing this online? I know Rehren sent me a message on live asking if i played with anybody here. So far it's just been Xbay and James, for one failed night of bad connections and weird ****. It'd be cool if we got enough guys to get our annual COD game on lol.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum