2009 GStW.com Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:07 pm
Our division is easily the best xbay. Mr C is lucky to be in a weak division whilest all the fantasy heavyweights fight tooth n nail for goldenstwarriors.Com supremacy
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:36 pm
If I did the math correctly, we have the highest scoring division in the league. And I currently score the most out of everyone.

I could still lose tonight, though. Depends on how Trent Cole and Andre Carter do for Roar. But I have Brent Celek, so it's a toss up.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:34 am
Yo Mr Crackerz.. U as Commish need to sort out the dude called Oakland who changed his name to SOUTH PACIFIC CRUSH...

Thats kinda wakk that this guy wants to imitate the real ballers... i think his team owner is named LOGIK... He's going to get a ASS SPANKING if he makes the finals.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:42 pm
Thats my brother pawno... i dunno why he chose to mock u, but thats him for you. You're right, he is Logik on this board.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:56 pm
PAWNO wrote:Yo Mr Crackerz.. U as Commish need to sort out the dude called Oakland who changed his name to SOUTH PACIFIC CRUSH...

Thats kinda wakk that this guy wants to imitate the real ballers... i think his team owner is named LOGIK... He's going to get a ASS SPANKING if he makes the finals.

Often imitated, never duplicated. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:56 am
Wow, check this trade out in another league I'm in.

Matt Ryan for Donnie Avery.

Why kinda BS trade is that?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:05 am
xbay wrote:Wow, check this trade out in another league I'm in.

i think thats a bit of a handjob trade

as in you give me Adrien Peterson.. ill give you Johnie Lee Higgins and a free rubatug :bday:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:16 am

Hey, easy there... depends on the situation. Is Ryan gonna play?. Because if he's just a backup for both teams, it's not that weird. He ain't gonna play anyway, so why pay more than a backup WR?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:39 pm
TMC wrote:

Hey, easy there... depends on the situation. Is Ryan gonna play?. Because if he's just a backup for both teams, it's not that weird. He ain't gonna play anyway, so why pay more than a backup WR?

With Brett Farve on his team, he probably won't play Ryan. Although, if Farve goes down, so does his season as he has no backup QB. And there is NO QBs on the wire, as this is a 16-team league.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:24 pm
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:

With Brett Farve on his team, he probably won't play Ryan. Although, if Farve goes down, so does his season as he has no backup QB. And there is NO QBs on the wire, as this is a 16-team league.

Then it's not that bad. If the other guy that previously had Ryan also has a stud QB and needed a WR, I can see where he's going by accepting this trade, as uneven as it seems.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:13 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:

Then it's not that bad. If the other guy that previously had Ryan also has a stud QB and needed a WR, I can see where he's going by accepting this trade, as uneven as it seems.

He's just got Vincent Jackson. The other guy has Colston, CJ, Wallace, and etc. Either way, I've lost two consecutive weeks so I'm just getting pissed.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:25 am
FINALLY over .500. I will be 6-5, a game over .500 since neither me nor TMC have players in tomorrow's game and I have a large lead.

First off, this season looked bad when Frank went down as I had no RBs to help pick up the slack. But a couple trades turned it around.

It starts with Pawno's trade when he traded Aaron Rodgers away for Kurt Warner and Tony G... which later set up 2 trades.

I knew I wouldn't go anywhere unless I sold Brees away. And one of Mr. Crackerz friends(whom Mr. C even called a sucker for stupid trades) was willing to bite at the idea of having Brees on his team. I traded Drew Brees away for Aaron Rodgers, Roddy White, and Ricky Williams to the man Pawno traded with. And of course, Flaccogate occurred after I picked up Flacco via the wire and TMC wanted Flacco on his team along with Fred Jackson since he had Marshawn Lynch on him. So, I swapped with TMC sending Joe Flacco and Fred Jackson for Matt Hasselbeck, Ryan Grant, and Caddy Williams.

Analyzing the first trade. After the hot start, Brees has cooled down a tad bit while Rodgers has put up top 3-5 fantasy QB numbers. The guy I traded with continues to struggle(2-8) while Rodgers puts up consistent top 3-5 fantasy QB numbers, Roddy White boosted my already strong WR corpse(with more additions as the season moved along i.e. Manningham and Collie), and with Ronnie Brown out for the season, Ricky Williams now has the starting job.

So now I have 3 starting RBs who can produce... Ricky Williams, Ryan Grant, and Frank Gore to go along with decent numbers from my back up Caddy.

Week 1: Frank Gore, Willie Parker, Fred Jackson
Week 11: Frank Gore, Ryan Grant, Ricky Williams

Next trade, Joe Flacco put up solid numbers and essentially swapping him for Matt Hasselbeck(who's putting up solid numbers) was a good trade as I was going to start Rodgers all the time. Fred Jackson has fell off after the return of Marshawn Lynch(so has the entire running game for the Bills), and Caddy puts up decent numbers though I don't start him.

I took the chance by giving up my second overall pick in a trade, and it in essence, saved my season. Suddenly, I'm 6-5 after a rough start with dangerous starters and a solid bench. I'm the second highest scoring team in this league!... could be highest scoring team depending on Andre Johnson's performance tomorrow for Broncos.

So yes, thank you Pawno. You were the cornerstone to my new and improved team since the draft.

Watch out fellas, xbay is gonna make noise come playoff time. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:03 am
In short, I made lots of trades. Still suck.

See?. I didn't need such a long post to convey my message. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:14 am
xbay wrote:
So yes, thank you AUSSIEBEANS. You were the cornerstone to my new and improved team since the draft.

Watch out fellas, xbay is gonna make noise come playoff time. :mrgreen:

amended for the truth.

Aussiebeans runs the Offense and i run the Defense

I didnt have the final say on the Tony G/Kwarner trade... but i did let Aussiebeans know there was good value.

But i did screw some chump out of Charles Woodson and Richard Seymour. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:16 am
& BTW... me and ozbeans are gonna smoke u next week.

regain back our rightful spot :-)
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum