DIRECTV NBA PACKAGE

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:54 pm
I really enjoyed the free preview NBA League Pass preview 10/31-11/3 and I would strongly consider it in order to be able to keep up w/ the Warriors, but I was wondering how big a factor blackouts are in the availability of games. Gotta figure there are a lot that are not gonna sell out. My brother got the MLB package & said a significant # of the games were blacked out. Is it worth doing or would the consumer end up screwed?
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:06 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:I really enjoyed the free preview NBA League Pass preview 10/31-11/3 and I would strongly consider it in order to be able to keep up w/ the Warriors, but I was wondering how big a factor blackouts are in the availability of games. Gotta figure there are a lot that are not gonna sell out. My brother got the MLB package & said a significant # of the games were blacked out. Is it worth doing or would the consumer end up screwed?

I dont think you have to worry about Warriors games not selling out. The arena is at capacity damn near every night. There may be some games that you are not able to watch, but the majority of Dubs home games...I would be willing to bet all of them should be sold out.
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:12 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:I really enjoyed the free preview NBA League Pass preview 10/31-11/3 and I would strongly consider it in order to be able to keep up w/ the Warriors, but I was wondering how big a factor blackouts are in the availability of games. Gotta figure there are a lot that are not gonna sell out. My brother got the MLB package & said a significant # of the games were blacked out. Is it worth doing or would the consumer end up screwed?

I dont think you have to worry about Warriors games not selling out. The arena is at capacity damn near every night. There may be some games that you are not able to watch, but the majority of Dubs home games...I would be willing to bet all of them should be sold out.

Sweet. Appreciate it. Looking forward to watching a lot more regular season games this year, hopefully soon they will be post-Stephen Jacksome-era games!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:38 pm
They don't have to be sold out like the NFL or do they for that package?
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:53 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:They don't have to be sold out like the NFL or do they for that package?

Just had noticed during the preview that some of the games would be "not available in your area" (not specifically GSW games, but seemingly at random). I'm 5 hours from OKC & about the same from Dallas and Memphis, so I wasn't sure if it was blackout or what.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:58 pm
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:They don't have to be sold out like the NFL or do they for that package?

Just had noticed during the preview that some of the games would be "not available in your area" (not specifically GSW games, but seemingly at random). I'm 5 hours from OKC & about the same from Dallas and Memphis, so I wasn't sure if it was blackout or what.

maybe its a situation where games locally are blacked out on the service so you can watch the local broadcast? I don't know, i probably shouldn't comment since i have no idea :mrgreen:
Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:19 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:

maybe its a situation where games locally are blacked out on the service so you can watch the local broadcast? I don't know, i probably shouldn't comment since i have no idea :mrgreen:

You're right, that's what I've heard before. The kicker is there IS no local coverage because the teams are all too far away! Like Winston Wolf said on Pulp Fiction, "Move out of the sticks"!

Return to NBA Forum