Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies @ Warriors 2009-11-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors make it three losses in a row?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 pm

YES
71%
NO
29%

Total votes : 14

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:25 am
bigstrads wrote:Wooooooooooo...................whooooooooooooo..............:whyisntthereasarcasmemoticon:

Dont really have anything to say really..............well done Morrow, well done Monta for having 12 assists with only 1 turnover.
:roll:?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:55 am
RobDIKUM wrote:How the hell did jackson have 20 points last night? I kept trying to see the silver lining in his game. He had 2 or 3 nice passes, but he shoots too much. Then he makes one and puts his hand to his ear. What a joke. I was impressed with Monta a ton last night. He's picking up some defensive skills, and once he starts to get that midrange working from the beginning of the game he'll be unstoppable. Ellis and Curry can definitely work with a lineup like Mayo and Conley.

Biedrins was awful, Curry was pretty good. Morrow was awesome. Maggette was pretty good too. Good overall effort, they were very active in the passing lanes. As for Randolph, it's pretty sad that he didn't get in the first half. One thing i'm not sure of, was his ineffectiveness a result or cause of his reduced playing time. He hasn't looked too comfortable.

I'm glad Ellis had a good game and I hope that he is getting some coaching about shot selection and defense from SOMEBODY and this wasn't an anomalous blip then he goes right back to monopolizing the ball and forcing shots. I would still trade him w/ Jack-some, but he could be really useful if SOMEBODY lets him know he's not the only option. maybe he'll realize that playing D can feed his offense too.
If we're doomed for small-ball, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE LET'S RUN AND CREATE SOME M-EFFING HAVOC!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:00 am
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:How the hell did jackson have 20 points last night? I kept trying to see the silver lining in his game. He had 2 or 3 nice passes, but he shoots too much. Then he makes one and puts his hand to his ear. What a joke. I was impressed with Monta a ton last night. He's picking up some defensive skills, and once he starts to get that midrange working from the beginning of the game he'll be unstoppable. Ellis and Curry can definitely work with a lineup like Mayo and Conley.

Biedrins was awful, Curry was pretty good. Morrow was awesome. Maggette was pretty good too. Good overall effort, they were very active in the passing lanes. As for Randolph, it's pretty sad that he didn't get in the first half. One thing i'm not sure of, was his ineffectiveness a result or cause of his reduced playing time. He hasn't looked too comfortable.

I'm glad Ellis had a good game and I hope that he is getting some coaching about shot selection and defense from SOMEBODY and this wasn't an anomalous blip then he goes right back to monopolizing the ball and forcing shots. I would still trade him w/ Jack-some, but he could be really useful if SOMEBODY lets him know he's not the only option. maybe he'll realize that playing D can feed his offense too.
If we're doomed for small-ball, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE LET'S RUN AND CREATE SOME M-EFFING HAVOC!!!

The difference between Monta and Jack is that Monta creates OPEN shots that he can knock down. Jack likes to dribble, spin move, defender in his face jack it up or catch and shoot with a defender in his face because he hasn't shot in the last two minutes. Gettin to the rim was Ellis' bread and butter, he was finishing nice last night.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:06 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
WARRIORHOG8 wrote:

The difference between Monta and Jack is that Monta creates OPEN shots that he can knock down. Jack likes to dribble, spin move, defender in his face jack it up or catch and shoot with a defender in his face because he hasn't shot in the last two minutes. Gettin to the rim was Ellis' bread and butter, he was finishing nice last night.

Agree on assessment of Jacksome. Dude is POISON and will create more problems the longer he is here. other players see him going for his in a game that's starting to get away, and before you know it they're playing like they did 1st two games. That sith was often hard to watch.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:18 pm
I was at the game last night and I'm shocked that the Grizzlies are so bad. I look at their six man rotation and think they're way better than we are, but after the first quarter they just looked flat.

Rudy Gay is a stud. Mayo played huge minutes but I swear he wasn't very visible out there. I can't believe Randolph and Gasol didn't have better games against our Moore/Mags front court.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
All Star
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 pm
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:I was at the game last night and I'm shocked that the Grizzlies are so bad. I look at their six man rotation and think they're way better than we are, but after the first quarter they just looked flat.

Rudy Gay is a stud. Mayo played huge minutes but I swear he wasn't very visible out there. I can't believe Randolph and Gasol didn't have better games against our Moore/Mags front court.

me too... marc has hurt us in the paint a couple of times in the past season
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Previous

Return to Game Threads