Game Thread: Memphis Grizzlies @ Warriors 2009-11-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors make it three losses in a row?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 pm

YES
71%
NO
29%

Total votes : 14

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:46 pm
I hate the begining of the 2nd half.

Extra passes is all it takes, plays, cuts, screens, basketball in motion. Team basketball, enough of the selfish shyte, it works hope it continues.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:07 pm
metalface wrote:finally some nice team play.

Majority of that was with jack on the bench . . .
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:13 pm
Jesus... Only 4 minutes for Randolph so far...

All Star
Poster Credit: 10
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 pm
who is this morrow guy? :roll:
"i wish i was a little bit taller" skee lo
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
Chat room!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
Jack is so dumb... i wish we didnt have his dumb ass.. him and his turn over prone slow cross over poor shooting self.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:48 pm
Magette fouled out... addition by subtraction.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:59 pm
Nice stats for Monta, Jax and Maggette (24, 20, 20)! May be a good time to offer them for TRADE now and get lucky!!! :D
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:33 am
Wooooooooooo...................whooooooooooooo..............:whyisntthereasarcasmemoticon:

Dont really have anything to say really..............well done Morrow, well done Monta for having 12 assists with only 1 turnover.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:44 am
Anyone else notice Azubuike's +/- was -20? No one else was below -5 that I saw... I usually don't care much about that stat but that is a pretty odd anomaly.

Great game by Ellis and Morrow. Good stuff from Curry and Maggette... I don't understand why we went with Moore over AR when Biedrins got his third foul though. When do we get Turiaf back?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:10 am
DECYPHERING THE BOXSCORE

Wow man... 5 steals by Monta Ellis means he was playing the lanes..

I didn't see the game, but i guess seen his shot was off he contributed in other ways.. He Flirted with a Triple Double and played a grand 47 Minutes..

Morrows shot keeps falling... if im Stephen Curry or Monta Ellis... id just keep finding this dude... he'll easily give you Double Digit Assists when he's shot is falling..(it's still early days, but i think Anthony Morrows name will be whispered with the elite shooters like Reggie Miller, Chris Mullin and Larry Bird)

& Don Nelson now chalks another one off Larry Wilkins chase total.. THe Warriors will win half there games at home.. i just hope we got the fresh legs and no more serious injuries to last 82 game season.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:11 am
D4rk 0ne wrote:Anyone else notice Azubuike's +/- was -20? No one else was below -5 that I saw... I usually don't care much about that stat but that is a pretty odd anomaly.

Great game by Ellis and Morrow. Good stuff from Curry and Maggette... I don't understand why we went with Moore over AR when Biedrins got his third foul though. When do we get Turiaf back?

I would think Azu's awful +/- is because he started and Memphis went a big run early in the game............then Azu was benched and we came back.

Randolph BETTER be injured becase if this how Nelson is treating him then my plan is definately going to be shifting into full swing when I arrive in 2 weeks.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:29 am
bigstrads wrote:
Randolph BETTER be injured becase if this how Nelson is treating him then my plan is definately going to be shifting into full swing when I arrive in 2 weeks.

YES... NELLIE IS F*CKIN OVER A LOT OF ANTHONY RANDOLPH FANTASY OWNERS AT THE MOMENT>>> ME AND TMC INCLUDED
:agrue:
But...

Nellie's a mastermind of lineups.. let him test the waters early and get his minutes set... honestly mate with the emergence of Curry n Morrow.. the returning to full health of Monta Ellis and the Logical reasoning of showcasing bargaining chips in Magette and SJAX it's kind of hard to imagine where you slot in a guy like Anthony Randolph.

I think there'll be plenty of injuries and Foul trouble throughout the early part of the season for Anthony Randolph to get his court time and show Nellie he belongs.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:09 am
PAWNO wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

YES... NELLIE IS F*CKIN OVER A LOT OF ANTHONY RANDOLPH FANTASY OWNERS AT THE MOMENT>>> ME AND TMC INCLUDED
:agrue:
But...

Nellie's a mastermind of lineups.. let him test the waters early and get his minutes set... honestly mate with the emergence of Curry n Morrow.. the returning to full health of Monta Ellis and the Logical reasoning of showcasing bargaining chips in Magette and SJAX it's kind of hard to imagine where you slot in a guy like Anthony Randolph.

I think there'll be plenty of injuries and Foul trouble throughout the early part of the season for Anthony Randolph to get his court time and show Nellie he belongs.

LMAO!!!.............wow, Pawn, I knew you were a Nelson apologist but this, even for you, is a new low.

Where would you slot in a guy like Randolph..........ohh, I dont know..........MAYBE AT PF!!! ahead of Jackson, Maggette and Azu??? just a thought but hey, playing weak ass SF's at the PF is fine isnt it..........real recipe for winning basketball there, and also, its worked so well for Nelson all last year didnt it, and throughout Nelson's accolade-less career.

Ridiculous............there is NO excuse for not playing Randolph ATLEAST 30 mins a night (unless he is carrying an injury) all those players you mentioned can be slotted in and showcased in the other 3 positions they SHOULD be playing in.

LOL!...........Nelson is a "mastermind of line-ups" what an absolute joke of a statement...........unless you mean mastermind of line-ups that get you royally f*cked up the ass by any and all opponents.

Monta and Curry share the point, Monta, Morrow and Azu share the SG, Jackson Maggette and Azu share the SF.

Maggette and Jackson can spell Randolph for SHORT periods of time at the PF.............but no longer than a couple of minutes each, with the rest going to Moore and eventually Tuiaf. Randolph could spell Biedrins aswell for short periods.

But of course, its Nelson, and he literally couldnt make a correct and logical decision if his useless, pointless, accomlishment-less, hopefully coming to an end, life depended on it.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:41 am
How the hell did jackson have 20 points last night? I kept trying to see the silver lining in his game. He had 2 or 3 nice passes, but he shoots too much. Then he makes one and puts his hand to his ear. What a joke. I was impressed with Monta a ton last night. He's picking up some defensive skills, and once he starts to get that midrange working from the beginning of the game he'll be unstoppable. Ellis and Curry can definitely work with a lineup like Mayo and Conley.

Biedrins was awful, Curry was pretty good. Morrow was awesome. Maggette was pretty good too. Good overall effort, they were very active in the passing lanes. As for Randolph, it's pretty sad that he didn't get in the first half. One thing i'm not sure of, was his ineffectiveness a result or cause of his reduced playing time. He hasn't looked too comfortable.
Last edited by RobDIKUM on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads