*ATTENTION* - Whos In For The Portland Game on 11/20?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:44 am
Right, well, hopefully those who are interested in coming to this game with everyone already know from my thread below.

But I thought it would be better to start a new thread, to everyones attention and streamline stuff abit.

At the moment, as far as I can see, we have:

Xbay
Jackattack
Me and my lady.
First Off and his lady.
8th Ave and his lady.

So...............KEY things we need to sort out VERY SOON =

1 - How many people/tickets are we going to have in total?

2 - They need to be all together...........so how are we going to buy/pay for a block of 8+ seats togther?

3 - We need to do this very very soon because there are NOT MANY BLOCKS OF SEATS left.

Heres an example of what First Off and I agree are the seats we should be going for=

http://www.stubhub.com/golden-state-war ... =213657235

So lets get this thing done people!!!! :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:50 pm
Ok, well............come on guys, we need to streamline this abit please............cuz its just not going to happen if we have posts all over the place about it.

Right, so I just want to say one thing...............I dont really feel like coming all this way, to have sh*tty seats...........you know?

So for me, its got to be Sideline Club.

Pat, come on man! one time!!! you can stretch it!...........for the rest of the games we can go to a bar so Cohan doesnt get anymore of our money, ok?

Other than that............can we please just have a definate answer/list of people who are in, in this thread.

And also, some suggestions about how we are going to pay for it all!

As First Off said, these blocks of seats are going to get gobbled up pretty quick.........SO WE NEED TO GET MOVING NOW!!! :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:04 pm
that's a lot of dough, but if you get a quorum and you need one more, I'll do it... :|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:10 pm
Jackattack wrote:that's a lot of dough, but if you get a quorum and you need one more, I'll do it... :|

Check yo PM's bud.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:20 pm
I'd love to go, but am currently unemployed. If I have a job in time great, but if not I definitely can't do it.

If you guys end up going maybe I'll try and go separately and at least come over to say hi!
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:33 pm
Where are you guys sitting? I was thinking about going if I can get some of the 10 dollar tickets that they were offering.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:00 pm
Ok ok...............maybe this isnt going to happen.

What I think is best, given the lack of time we have to get this sorted...........is we leave the Portland game, or those who are definately in go and we get great seats as I want one game where Im not feeling dizzy.

Then once I arrive, we can sort something out for a BIG meet up and game attending.

Hey, even if we all just meet up in a bar and watch a game together, that would be cool.

But this Portland game, I think its too short notice, there are too many ifs/buts/maybes and there simply isnt enough time to unsire at this stage.

Cool?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:01 pm
Yeah, to be honest, I don't wanna rush things with you. This was last minute, and none of us were ready. We should of planned this ahead of time. I think if we rush it, it'll turn out bad.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:00 pm
what about just all meeting up at a kick ass sports bar to have a pint and watch a game (and throw things at the screen when nelson is pictured)?

one of the main reasons I like this site over GSoM.com is because of the whole "small-community" aspect. there are few trolls here and there, but for the most part everyone seems to be an intelligent, passionate, and honest fan. it would be great if we could get like a dozen or more to come out and really make it an event!

misery loves company, and so do warrior fans.

I think going to a bar would fit everyones' budget. I don't know if it's any good, but I've always wanted to go to Wing-Stop and chow down on some buffalo flappers. haven't had the opportunity cause there hasn't been one in my area until recently (Stockton blows). did someone say "wing eating competition during half-time"?

we can plan to actually go to a game later............

..............after they trade stephen jackson :)
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:06 pm
first off wrote:what about just all meeting up at a kick ass sports bar to have a pint and watch a game (and throw things at the screen when nelson is pictured)?

one of the main reasons I like this site over GSoM.com is because of the whole "small-community" aspect. there are few trolls here and there, but for the most part everyone seems to be an intelligent, passionate, and honest fan. it would be great if we could get like a dozen or more to come out and really make it an event!

I think going to a bar would fit everyones' budget. I don't know if it's any good, but I've always wanted to go to Wing-Stop and chow down on some buffalo flappers. haven't had the opportunity cause there hasn't been one in my area until recently (Stockton blows). did someone say "wing eating competition during half-time"?

that's more my style too.. I think James has his heart set on going to this game. Maybe we can meet at the Englander in San Leandro for another game, and/or a spot in SF for even another game..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:37 am
xbay wrote:Yeah, to be honest, I don't wanna rush things with you. This was last minute, and none of us were ready. We should of planned this ahead of time. I think if we rush it, it'll turn out bad.

Yeah, sorry man............its my fault, because we didnt get our Visa's till last week, didnt book flights until a few days after and so didnt really know exactly when wed be arriving.

But we will sort something else out for a later game, Im fine with a big group of us going and it being cheap seats so everyone can afford it.

Jackattack wrote:
first off wrote:what about just all meeting up at a kick ass sports bar to have a pint and watch a game (and throw things at the screen when nelson is pictured)?

that's more my style too.. I think James has his heart set on going to this game. Maybe we can meet at the Englander in San Leandro for another game, and/or a spot in SF for even another game..

PERFICK!

Yeah, Im certainly down for that.............Pat is right, I just want to see ONE game and then join the "No Money For Cohan" movement.

The rest of the games that are on whilst Im in the Bay, I want to watch in a bar, preferably with you guys. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:04 pm
It's alright Bigs, I'm not sure I'd be able to scoop up enough cash for the game in time, anyway. I'm spending $65 on Modern Warfare 2 next week. And since I'm unemployed, I don't have much after that. I probably could land a ticket, but I'd have to check and see first.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:30 pm
off topic: COD 6! I can't FVCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:50 am
Rehren1296 wrote:off topic: COD 6! I can't FVCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I would normally be excited.............but my TV is being put into storage on 12th November!

So Im not going to be buying or playing the game for atleast 6 months............ :cry:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:09 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Rehren1296 wrote:off topic: COD 6! I can't FVCKING WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I would normally be excited.............but my TV is being put into storage on 12th November!

So Im not going to be buying or playing the game for atleast 6 months............ :cry:

That's Ridiculous.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum