Game Thread: Miami Heat @ Warriors 2006-01-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Would you like to see Ron Artest in a Warriors uniform against the Heat?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:48 pm

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes : 9

All Star
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:48 pm
Miami Heat (20-15) @ Golden State Warriors (17-16)

Start time 7:30 PM PST @ The Arena in Oakland

Probable starters for the Golden State Warriors
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Baron Davis
SG - Jason Richardson
SF - Mike Dunleavy
PF - Troy Murphy
C - Ike Diogu

Probable starters for the Miami Heat
ImageImageImageImageImage
PG - Jason Williams
SG - Dwyane Wade
SF - James Posey
PF - Udonis Haslem
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Team Leaders
PPG - J. Richardson (22.8 ) | D. Wade (26.3)
RPG - T. Murphy (8.5) | S. O'Neal (9.3)
APG - B. Davis (9.3) | D. Wade (6.8 )
SPG - B. Davis (1.8 ) | D. Wade (1.9)
BPG - A. Foyle (1.7) | A. Mourning (3.1)

Matchups this Season
Jan 11 - Miami Heat @ Golden State Warriors
Mar 10 - Golden State Warriors @ Miami Heat
Last edited by krome on Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:50 pm
Sorry for the late post guys...I was away to Las Vegas for the CES and AVN expos. So here's the post...discuss!
I've been a Warriors fan since they traded Chris Webber. Can you imagine how that's like....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:03 pm
Don't worry, krome. Great preview, as always.

I don't like this game. How are we going to stop Shaq and Wade if we were unable to get the win against the Pacers without their two best players (and looking awful in that game)?.

Also, Mullin needs to do the trade(s) soon or dismiss those rumors. I'm sure it's hurting the team.

Heat +10.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:24 pm
Miami 103
Golden State 95

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:21 pm
"...Also, Mullin needs to do the trade(s) soon or dismiss those rumors. I'm sure it's hurting the team..."

Agree! All this trade talk is surely distracting especially the ones who are part of the rumors. Trade should just happen immediately or Mully comes out and says "nothing is gonna happen"...hopefully hours before game time. Heat will be tough to beat but I think W's have a chance considering the game is at home.

Will Foyle be back? I think he has a legit chance of at least limiting Shaq...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:38 am
Heat by 10

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:24 am
The heat can be beat. If A.F. plays he should be able to somewhat contain Shaq. We just came off of 2 tough losses, and need this one, and hopefully Murph is ok after leaving the Pacer game with a sprained ankle.
I gotta try and stay positive and go Ws by 2.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:35 am
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I heard Baron was a bit shaken in that Pacer game. Not sure what happened but they said that he was out for a bit.

For this game I'll quote Madden. It is pretty obvious like most of the other speeches he gave and it is more towards football, but so true. "Big players play big in big games". haha We'll see if BD, and JRich live up to that quote.

Tim
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:02 pm
tkono wrote:Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I heard Baron was a bit shaken in that Pacer game. Not sure what happened but they said that he was out for a bit.

Baron took a hard hit late in the game against Indiana. But he wasn't injured, it was more like he had all his wind knocked out of him.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:03 pm
I got the Warriors to make it close. For some reason, we often (Not always....Remember the Alamo) play better against better teams and then get blown out in games we're "supposed-to-win".

We all know what's going to happen. The ball will go right inside to Shaq every time. Ike will have to back off or foul early. Troy will not want to go anywhere near Shaq inside.

I think Monty needs to let Troy know he is the coach and he calls the shots. Troy needs to learn to post-up low and go inside and if he doesn't want to bang a little he can have a front row seat to watch Ike play PF.

I'd start Andris and let him play Shaq tough until he gets his two fouls. Then I'd send Taffy at Shaq until he gets two. Then I'd bring a fresh Adonyl off the bench and send him against Shaq.

Unfortunately, Dwayne Wade is going to be a problem. JRich doesn't really believe he needs to play defense if he can outscore his man. I look for Dwayne to have a field day. (What is a field day anyway?)

BD should dominate this game if his shots fall. I don't think Jason can even slow him down and the Glove (Who is one of my favorite players) is just a half-step too slow now for BD's crossover. And we all know BD will go right at Shaq. I just hope his shots fall. If BD gets a hot hand, we're in business.

I just wish we had Air France to help out with Dwayne Wade.

We need to make our shots. Period. If everyone is healthy for the Heat, they're going to be tough. But if they overlook us, we can shock them.

Our guys have got to get out of their comfort zone for this one or it will get ugly. Troy has got to play inside-outside and he's got to hit his 3's. Ike has got to challenge Shaq and try to get him to foul him. Shaq will do that if Ike challenges him like he did against the Pistons. JRich has got to play a complete game for a change. Consistent scoring, hustling defense, and make his FT. BD will come to play. I just hope his shots drop for him. If they do, he'll go for 20+. Mike D? Well, what can I say? Make your easy shots and slow down on the 3's! Mike D has the lowest 3PT% on the team! He's under 25%! Can you say, "Red Light"? Even his FG% is one of the lowest on the team. He has to be a role player. Go for defense, assists, rebounds, and make the gimme's.

Our bench has to play well. Zarko and Monta are our best 3PT% players on the team and they have to come through tomorrow night. DFish is next and we need a big game from him.

"It's raining three's......" I hope.

At the first sign of Dwayne Wade taking over the game, take Mike D out, switch JRich to SF and put in DFish to slow him down.

Get your game face on....it's less than 24 hours away! As you know who would say, "Bring it on!"

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:09 am
I'm excited for this game! Mickael Peitrus should be playing and we get to see how the warriors can play versus a big man (Shaq) and a great guard in Wade. I'm going to the game, anyone else on the board going? I'm in courtside club ! ;]

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:30 am
monchu wrote:"...Also, Mullin needs to do the trade(s) soon or dismiss those rumors. I'm sure it's hurting the team..."

Agree! All this trade talk is surely distracting especially the ones who are part of the rumors. Trade should just happen immediately or Mully comes out and says "nothing is gonna happen"...hopefully hours before game time. Heat will be tough to beat but I think W's have a chance considering the game is at home.

Will Foyle be back? I think he has a legit chance of at least limiting Shaq...

How would trade rumors distract players on the court? I would think once the game starts, the players would mostly just be focused on the game and making plays. And especially if you step on the court 110% of your focus would be on the game. I guess trade rumors could alter how players might prepare for games, but isn't this where the coach steps in?

And I think that the Warriors ought to give players like Taft, Foyle, Biedrins, and heck, maybe even a little hack a Shaq with Zarko to help somehow. I like Taft the most as a post defender.

I am eager to see Monta Ellis play some minutes this game too. He could come in and be a good spark for this team, tonight.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:20 pm
fisher is costing us the game. i thought veterans are supposed to make smart decisions? i know some still think hes valuable because he brings a winning attitude. well he should keep his ass in the locker room and wait for everyones return at halftime.

the dude is over the hill. PERIOD!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:05 pm
waht the phuck are you kidding me? its 7 11 in the 3rd corter and ike still hasnt touched the ball in the 3rd quarter!! well now foyle is in with 63-55 we losing. wtf are you kidding me? he'd be schooling the overcommiting/slow shaq in this game. that is horrible coaching. he schooled pistons d-fense. give him the f-ing ball.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:36 pm
^ you're under estimating shaq champ. ike just got the ball and was guarded by mourning, he was "schooled."

edit - i had to come back here to say this. put down the chronic bro because... just shhhh. fooooreeeever.
Next

Return to Game Threads