Rate my other teams

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:35 pm
metalface wrote:My leagues are all 10 teams. Usual categories: pts, rbs, ast, fg#, ft#, 3s made, stls, blks.

Those teams are real good, not great, but real good. You'll have a good chance of winning those leagues, depending on injuries ofcourse

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:35 am
In one of the leagues I'm in I traded Aaron Brooks and Westbrook for Bosh and the trade was vetoed by the other participants. I am not happy and have said so. Really a fair trade I think and since my team is probably the best roster, that is why the others were quick to stop it. Not fair to step in like that

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:45 pm
migya wrote:In one of the leagues I'm in I traded Aaron Brooks and Westbrook for Bosh and the trade was vetoed by the other participants. I am not happy and have said so. Really a fair trade I think and since my team is probably the best roster, that is why the others were quick to stop it. Not fair to step in like that

That's not a trade I would have done (if I had Bosh), but I don't see it as "vetoable". Seems to me like an abuse of the veto rule.

Which leads me to believe there has to be some kind of control over it, because it can be used to prevent a good team from getting better, just because of a trade that was risky (like this one would be).

Easier said than done, tho...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:10 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:In one of the leagues I'm in I traded Aaron Brooks and Westbrook for Bosh and the trade was vetoed by the other participants. I am not happy and have said so. Really a fair trade I think and since my team is probably the best roster, that is why the others were quick to stop it. Not fair to step in like that

That's not a trade I would have done (if I had Bosh), but I don't see it as "vetoable". Seems to me like an abuse of the veto rule.

Which leads me to believe there has to be some kind of control over it, because it can be used to prevent a good team from getting better, just because of a trade that was risky (like this one would be).

Easier said than done, tho...

The guy I traded with has also posted on the league page expressing his disgust and noone has responded yet and likely noone will.

The guy only had one PG, so this trade was great for him and he was getting two great PGs, top 5 both of them right now. I've proposed the same trade to him again and we'll see if it is vetoed this time

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 pm
16 team LEAGUE, PPR!!! I had 4th pick in the draft.

QB
Brett Favre

WR
Andre Johnson
Dez Bryant
Chaz Schilens
RB
DeAngelo Williams
Knowshon Moreno
TE
Dallas Clark

BN
Michael Bush
Darren McFadden
Demaryius Thomas
Dexter McCluster
Sam Bradford
Jerramy Stevens
Laurent Robinson
Brandon LaFell

K
Rob Bironas

DEF
Chicago
Poster Credit: 34
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:40 pm
What are you expecting to hear except everyone calling you a homer? :)

In all honesty now. what are your goals in fantasy? I mean, you have Bush who won't play for quite a while, then you have DMC, which might be OK for a 4th RB, but still he doesn't bring a lot of points, and Schilens...really?! Chaz? What has he ever done that would even put him in the same context with fantasy football?

Other than that Oakland issues :), I see a lot of rookies, which can go either way, and there's some talent on your roster, considering that the league had 16 teams.

In the end, I can just wish you luck. :)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Bench is really weak. Starters potentially could be solid. I assume you got Johnson with your 1st pick, Williams 2nd, and Clark/Farve/Moreno 3rd-5th. I think Farve could be a risk at QB, especially with a rook as his backup. Bryant should be fine in the second half of the season.

You will need to make some moves if you want to compete, but you shouldn't be the worse if all/most your players stay healthy.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:26 pm
Guybrush wrote:What are you expecting to hear except everyone calling you a homer? :)

In all honesty now. what are your goals in fantasy? I mean, you have Bush who won't play for quite a while, then you have DMC, which might be OK for a 4th RB, but still he doesn't bring a lot of points, and Schilens...really?! Chaz? What has he ever done that would even put him in the same context with fantasy football?

Other than that Oakland issues :), I see a lot of rookies, which can go either way, and there's some talent on your roster, considering that the league had 16 teams.

In the end, I can just wish you luck. :)

I'm a very big believer in rookies bro!!!

By the time the bye weeks roll around then usually someone gets injured or a rookie gets more minutes to shine.

The Michael Bush/Darren McFadden was great value considering i got them in like round 6 & 7.... It's a great handcuff situation for me cause McFadden will play a ton of minutes to start off and then when Bush gets back he could potentially unseat Moreno in my starting lineup.

I'm a little worried about Brett Favre too... But i picked him up with the 5th pick & i got high expectations for Sam Bradford too.

The Rob Brionas pick was only due to this league awarding 5 points for 50 yarders... & Bironas is the 2nd best long distance kicker behind SEABASS>
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:03 pm
In a 12 team league on another website:

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
RB/WR: Ryan Matthews
WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Malcolm Floyd [got in 11th round!!]
TE: Vernon Davis
DEF: Baltimore
K: David Akers

Bench:

RB: Arian Foster [HUGE STEAL. Like 7th or 8th round. Starting RB on beast offense in the league. This pick assured me the best RB core in the league]
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: Bernard Berrian
TE: John Carlson
QB: Michael Vick
QB: David Garrard
RB: Kareem Huggins
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:07 pm
Beast Mode wrote:In a 12 team league on another website:

QB: Carson Palmer
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Rashard Mendenhall
RB/WR: Ryan Matthews
WR: Anquan Boldin
WR: Malcolm Floyd [got in 11th round!!]
TE: Vernon Davis
DEF: Baltimore
K: David Akers

Bench:

RB: Arian Foster [HUGE STEAL. Like 7th or 8th round. Starting RB on beast offense in the league. This pick assured me the best RB core in the league]
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: Bernard Berrian
TE: John Carlson
QB: Michael Vick
QB: David Garrard
RB: Kareem Huggins

I'd have Terrell Owens starting before Floyd!!!

Just my 2 cents.

YEah the bench looks hella promising.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:28 pm
Who do you think won this trade (note, this is a 2 QB's start league):

DeAngelo Williams
Dennis Dixon
Charlie Batch

For

Hakeem Nicks
Jason Campbell
Anthony Gonzalez
All Star
Poster Credit: 16
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:07 pm
DeAngelo is far and away the best player in the deal ... Dixon/Batch will only be relevant for 4 weeks of the season ... and only one of them will be used .. So after week 4 the trade is DeAngelo for the other 3.... DeAngelos still probably better.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:26 pm
Beast Mode wrote:DeAngelo is far and away the best player in the deal ... Dixon/Batch will only be relevant for 4 weeks of the season ... and only one of them will be used .. So after week 4 the trade is DeAngelo for the other 3.... DeAngelos still probably better.

My thoughts exactly.

I got DeAngelo. My rationale is that I also have Big Ben (he's suspended first four games though). That makes either Vince Young or Jason Campbell expendable after week 4. Then I thought, why don't I get his backups now, so i can use either Campbell or Young to get a solid piece. I have so many great WR's that I wouldn't be able to use them all. So i decided to include my #3 WR in Nicks (I have fitz and calvin johnson) + Campbell and my throwaway in Gonzalez for Big Ben's two backups and DeAngelo. Once Big Ben is back, I can release them.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:36 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:DeAngelo is far and away the best player in the deal ... Dixon/Batch will only be relevant for 4 weeks of the season ... and only one of them will be used .. So after week 4 the trade is DeAngelo for the other 3.... DeAngelos still probably better.

My thoughts exactly.

I got DeAngelo. My rationale is that I also have Big Ben (he's suspended first four games though). That makes either Vince Young or Jason Campbell expendable after week 4. Then I thought, why don't I get his backups now, so i can use either Campbell or Young to get a solid piece. I have so many great WR's that I wouldn't be able to use them all. So i decided to include my #3 WR in Nicks (I have fitz and calvin johnson) + Campbell and my throwaway in Gonzalez for Big Ben's two backups and DeAngelo. Once Big Ben is back, I can release them.

Which LEAGUE is this?

You doing FANTASY WITHOUT ME MR C?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:08 am
PAWNO wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Which LEAGUE is this?

You doing FANTASY WITHOUT ME MR C?

This is my third league. I joined this one to test out how the auction draft worked before my league started. I predict I will be in second place in this league (one guy has assembled the best fantasy team even assembled).

Hell, I believe i will be in the top 3 in all my leagues. Maybe wont win all of them, but I think I can make a top 3 performance on all leagues (which are all 12 man leagues).
Previous

Return to Fantasy League Forum