MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:15 pm
Transporter is just a cheap james bond knock off. The whole series kinda sucked. everything was just way over the top, unrealistic, and predictable.

You wanna see a real car chase, you watch watch Ronin. It will knock your socks off.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPOW1kLvWEg[/youtube]
the final scene of Death Proof is pretty damn good too
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WeCWP0stYc&feature=player_embedded#t=645[/youtube]

Sorry to take a dump on the one thing you enjoy, but it needed to be said.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:42 am
Extract

just got done watchin extract tonight. very strange flick. not that funny, but it has a few good moments. Reminded me of "Clerks" in that it's a not so humorous comedy thats a little random, and gets you just curious enough to keep watching (Clerks is way better, no doubt).

Doesn't flow very well. the plot kinda drags it's feet until the last 20 mins of the film. It's like a much much less funny version of office space (also made by mike judge), where the characters really drive the film more than anything else.

If you're in the mood for something kinda light-hearted (well it's depressing for a little bit much like office space), and a little off-beat, give it a try. plus mila kunis is fuckin hot (no nudy/sex scenes though shes just fun to look at with clothes on)

3 stars
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:33 am
Paranormal Activity

*CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS*

F*ck that movie. I mean, it was good, IMO. But the movie scared the sh*t out of me and left me in a state of mind that I can't even describe. Not to mention, I'm scared sh*tless at the moment to go to sleep in the pitch dark.

The chick that played the girl in the movie did a GREAT job acting. She was very convincing. The dude was a retarded smart a*s who thought he was almighty and nothing could touch him. I mean c'mon, if I was him I would of dumped her after all that weird sh*t started happening. I mean, you wanna talk about "crazy in love," well, he was literally crazy in love. And I give MAJOR PROPS to the doctor in the movie. He was the smartest dude there, literally. He literally walked in and then opted to walk the f*ck out cause he felt the strong, negative presence once he walked in. He's all, "Yeah, I think being here is making it even more mad. I'm leaving." He stayed there for like 3 minutes and jetted. Real smart dude.

The last 20-25 minutes absolutely got me the most. The rest of the movie was like, okay, it's scary, but not that bad. But the ending continues to haunt my mind and certain parts of the movie as well.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:12 am
xbay wrote:Paranormal Activity

*CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS*

F*ck that movie. I mean, it was good, IMO. But the movie scared the sh*t out of me and left me in a state of mind that I can't even describe. Not to mention, I'm scared sh*tless at the moment to go to sleep in the pitch dark.

The chick that played the girl in the movie did a GREAT job acting. She was very convincing. The dude was a retarded smart a*s who thought he was almighty and nothing could touch him. I mean c'mon, if I was him I would of dumped her after all that weird sh*t started happening. I mean, you wanna talk about "crazy in love," well, he was literally crazy in love. And I give MAJOR PROPS to the doctor in the movie. He was the smartest dude there, literally. He literally walked in and then opted to walk the f*ck out cause he felt the strong, negative presence once he walked in. He's all, "Yeah, I think being here is making it even more mad. I'm leaving." He stayed there for like 3 minutes and jetted. Real smart dude.

The last 20-25 minutes absolutely got me the most. The rest of the movie was like, okay, it's scary, but not that bad. But the ending continues to haunt my mind and certain parts of the movie as well.

Is that a new movie bro? Sounds like one I've got to watch and soon. Sounds trippy, but could be a good view.

Yea, any crazy bich into that shiit is not one to stay with

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:45 am
I saw a double feature yesterday of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D.

My five year old son gave them both 5 stars.
I highly recommend seeing them both if you are in need of a good nap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:47 am
Jackattack wrote:I saw a double feature yesterday of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D.

Got them both for my daughter over a year ago and I actualy liked watching them. 3D is much different you think

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:51 am
migya wrote:
Jackattack wrote:I saw a double feature yesterday of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in 3D.

Got them both for my daughter over a year ago and I actualy liked watching them. 3D is much different you think

Oh I enjoyed what I saw of both of them. I was just coming off two nights in a row of gigs and 3-4 hours sleep, so I took my winks when I could get them. That nap cost me $80....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:17 am
do yourself a favor... go see Zombieland

Zombieland was so fckn good I had to watch it twice.

I dare you to watch this movie and not be entertained. It's really not very gore-y, so you can even see it with your lady (provided shes scarred by gun noises of which there's a lot). If there wasn't any profanity it could probably make a PG-13 rating.

It's like a much better version of shawn of the dead. yeah, that's right, better.

traditionally I'm not a fan of zombie-flicks and I actually found Shawn of the dead to be a bit overhyped, so it's saying a lot for me to recommend this to others.

terrific story telling, great casting / acting, good pace, length, mix of action, intelligence, comedy and heart. it's got everything you could ask for in a movie.

Usually I can justify why a movie I liked didn't get 100% on the rotten tomatoes "tomato-meter". but this time I'm left scratching my head - How could it have only gotten 88%?

Check it out amigos

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4-wy5PKVA[/youtube]
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:50 pm
migya wrote:

*CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS*

Is that a new movie bro? Sounds like one I've got to watch and soon. Sounds trippy, but could be a good view.

Yea, any crazy bich into that shiit is not one to stay with

Yeah, it's been out for a few weeks now. But it was only in select cities at first. You had to get it demanded to get it at a local theater near you, which I guess many people did around my city, so it came to our movie theater.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:28 pm
Anyone see "Where the Wild Things Are"? It's my childhood book, so I'm curious.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:44 pm
xbay wrote:Anyone see "Where the Wild Things Are"? It's my childhood book, so I'm curious.

I saw a headline about that said "Kids are more bored than scared during Where the Wild Things Are."
I personally never read the book when I was a kid so I dont care much about it, but I am a huge fan of Spike Jones. He has made a few really cool skateboarding videos and he is also a really cool music video director.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:20 am
metalface wrote:
xbay wrote:Anyone see "Where the Wild Things Are"? It's my childhood book, so I'm curious.

I saw a headline about that said "Kids are more bored than scared during Where the Wild Things Are."
I personally never read the book when I was a kid so I dont care much about it, but I am a huge fan of Spike Jones. He has made a few really cool skateboarding videos and he is also a really cool music video director.

It's probably made for the adults who read the book as kids. I guess. I heard it's not much for kids.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:50 pm
The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day is coming out this Friday.

:cheers: ::lol:

I haven't been this giddy since....my first boob.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:02 pm
first off wrote:do yourself a favor... go see Zombieland

Zombieland was so fckn good I had to watch it twice.

I dare you to watch this movie and not be entertained. It's really not very gore-y, so you can even see it with your lady (provided shes scarred by gun noises of which there's a lot). If there wasn't any profanity it could probably make a PG-13 rating.

It's like a much better version of shawn of the dead. yeah, that's right, better.

traditionally I'm not a fan of zombie-flicks and I actually found Shawn of the dead to be a bit overhyped, so it's saying a lot for me to recommend this to others.

terrific story telling, great casting / acting, good pace, length, mix of action, intelligence, comedy and heart. it's got everything you could ask for in a movie.

Usually I can justify why a movie I liked didn't get 100% on the rotten tomatoes "tomato-meter". but this time I'm left scratching my head - How could it have only gotten 88%?

Check it out amigos

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk4-wy5PKVA[/youtube]

Zombie Land was awesome! It was funny as hell and was just a good watch. Gotta love Bill Murray!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:05 pm

*CONTAINS SOME SPOILERS*

I gotta watch this flick again. I liked it, but I must have missed something, it wasnt scary at all. It had a couple of intense scenes that lead to a bit of dissapointment because it didnt deliver what I was expecting it to. When the thing grabbed the chick, that was pretty cool....but not terrifying. The end really pissed me off......why would you basically steal a scene from Blair Witch.....possibly the worst movie of all time?
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum