2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 pm
bada wrote:still looking to trade a RB for a WR. My RB's are:

Steven Jackson
Steve Slaton
Kevin Smith
Jonathan Stewart
Knowshon Moreno
Glen Coffee

I'd love Moreno, but I'm looking for WRs, too. I wanna get rid of any of my QBs, though... but all of them are too valuable to just drop.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:35 pm
Hey Crackerz

In hindsight, maybe the Tennesse Def in the 9th round wasn't your finest hour :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:53 pm
Hmm... what do you guys think?

Start Pierre Thomas or Laurence Maroney? Thomas does get some nice yardage, but it looks like Bell could be stealing his goal line carries. Not to mention they're playing a tough Dolphins run defense. Maroney is coming off a big game against a team with problems, but is facing the Bucs defense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:09 pm
xbay wrote:Hmm... what do you guys think?

Start Pierre Thomas or Laurence Maroney? Thomas does get some nice yardage, but it looks like Bell could be stealing his goal line carries. Not to mention they're playing a tough Dolphins run defense. Maroney is coming off a big game against a team with problems, but is facing the Bucs defense.

Our run D is the worst of the league. Think about it. :wink:

Ok, I've got my own doubt (I've almost decided, but I'd like to get some imput). Pick two guys from the following: Ronnie Brown (vs Saints), Portis (vs Philly), Caddy (vs Pats) and Mendenhall (vs Minny).

Brown is a lock, other than him, I've got a lot of doubts between Mendenhall and Portis (I'm not even considering Caddy for this weekt). I'm leaning towards Mendenhall, but I'm just not sure yet. What would you guys do?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:40 pm
Wow, that really is tough.

I'd probably go with Portis, because he's basically their offense outside of Campbell going to Moss. It's a rivalry game, too, and you don't know how the Philly's spirits and morale are at the moment 'til we see 'em Sunday.

Mendenhall is an intriguing one. Ray Rice had a 200+ total yard performance against the Vikings last week. But there's really no other RBs that have had success against the Vikings. I don't see Willie Parker as a threat to Mendenhall's carries and Big Ben has done a great job through the air this year. I like Rashard, but this will be his first true test against a real run defense.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:23 pm
bada forgot to set his fantasy lineup this weekend and kevin smith gets the start...

**** will be rough for me if i end up losing to him and him still winning with k.smith producing nothing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:56 pm
C'mon Brent Celek, all I need is one point against E-Man! :mrgreen:

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:02 pm
xbay wrote:C'mon Brent Celek, all I need is one point against E-Man! :mrgreen:

Did you see Eman's lineup?

He started Forte and Gore. They combined for less than 10 fantasy points.

He had Cedric Benson and Ricky Williams on his bench. They combined for over 50(!) fantasy points.

You're lucky Xbay :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:07 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:
xbay wrote:C'mon Brent Celek, all I need is one point against E-Man! :mrgreen:

Did you see Eman's lineup?

He started Forte and Gore. They combined for less than 10 fantasy points.

He had Cedric Benson and Ricky Williams on his bench. They combined for over 50(!) fantasy points.

You're lucky Xbay :mrgreen:

Pshh, he didn't want it. :mrgreen:

But nah, if I was him, I would of done the same. I probably would of started Benson, just cause he's had a better season than Forte and has been consistent, but I wouldn't of saw the big game by Ricky against the Saints tough D. Plus, Gore had three weeks of rest and was facing the Texans run D.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:36 pm
PAWNO wrote:bada forgot to set his fantasy lineup this weekend and kevin smith gets the start...

**** will be rough for me if i end up losing to him and him still winning with k.smith producing nothing.

Guys please do me a favor and kick me out of the league. That is pathetic that for the 3rd time I forgot to set my lineup. Just terrible. I am in 3 other leagues for BIG money (smallest one winner gets over 10g's) so i tend to completely forget about this one.
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:43 pm
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:bada forgot to set his fantasy lineup this weekend and kevin smith gets the start...

Guys please do me a favor and kick me out of the league. That is pathetic that for the 3rd time I forgot to set my lineup. Just terrible. I am in 3 other leagues for BIG money (smallest one winner gets over 10g's) so i tend to completely forget about this one.
your forgetfullness saved my season. Anyways i don't think u would of beat me. Only cause moreno had a bye week as well and l.stewart was only good for 3 points or so. . . I don't know if u have any other runningbacks?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:25 pm
PAWNO wrote:
bada wrote:

your forgetfullness saved my season. Anyways i don't think u would of beat me. Only cause moreno had a bye week as well and l.stewart was only good for 3 points or so. . . I don't know if u have any other runningbacks?

I obviously would have played Slaton who scored 19 and Reggie Wayne (my best wr who was on a bye last week) who scored 14.

I might just bench ALL my players the rest of the season and take a 0 every week. just cant focus on this league

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:07 pm
That seems unfair to the people you did set your line-up against.

Why not just set your strongest possible line-up, and then just leave it for the rest of the season? I don't think you have too many more issues with bye weeks for your players.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:15 pm
just need a minute to set up the roster....how hard is it!!!!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:46 pm
When do the bye weeks end, btw? Cause the bye weeks are killin' me in other leagues.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum