College Football Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:03 pm
Great day of college football yesterday, Ohio State going doing, V-Tech going down, Florida pulling off a win in the last seconds, Bradford going down once again from the shoulder injury (man he should have gone pro), USC vs Notre Dame going down the wire with USC hold them off.

Looks like Alabama is challenging for that #1 spot with Florida, although I would much rather have Boise State spoil 1 of there hopes. Boise in the Championship game would be awesome.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:42 am
With my "Dawgs" (Washington Huskies) playing the Oregon Ducks today, all I gotta say is this.......

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:27 pm
bada wrote:With my "Dawgs" (Washington Huskies) playing the Oregon Ducks today, all I gotta say is this.......

I spit out the food I was eating when I saw that pic. Ducks and Trojan will be a huge game not sure when it will take place though.

The BCS busters Boise State and TCU keep winning, with TCU winning a convincing manner over a good BYU team.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:56 am
bada wrote:With my "Dawgs" (Washington Huskies) playing the Oregon Ducks today, all I gotta say is this.......

that is the best pic i have seen on this board for a long time ,,,,very nice Bad.

Just wondering so that makes Bigs a duck and TMC a dog? :dontknow: :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:05 pm
My Stanford Cardinal won again... after crushing Oregon last week, they crushed USC this week. Gepherdt for Heisman, and Harbaugh for Coach of the Year.... lets hope he doesnt bail the school.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:22 pm
CIVIL WAR!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:23 pm
Florida Bama game today. Hope it lives up to the hype.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:45 pm
Okay, so the Civil War lived up to its hype and exceeded it. I may be a Bears fan, but damn... Oregon is a crazy team. Rose Bowl bound!

And the Bearcats/Panthers game just finished. That was an amazing game as well. Down by 21, Cincy came back. The key play was Pitt's miss handling of the extra point.

I hope Florida/Bama lives up to the hype as well. Cause this weekend, games with BCS stakes on the line have been GREAT games to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:54 pm
hope it is a 10-6 game with turnovers galore. FCUK the corrupt SEC. Both teams should have 2 losses if it wasnt for all the phantom calls the refs gave them.

TCU vs. Boise State for the National Championship.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:29 am
Haha, USC continues to amaze me. What sucks is that Matt Barkley will continue to mature as he gets older and USC's offense will suddenly return from the ashes.

Bama wins. I hope Texas dismantles the Crimson Tide. I hate Nick Saban. I was really hoping the Longhorns would lose so it'd be a TCU or Boise State vs Alabama title game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:21 am
xbay wrote:Haha, USC continues to amaze me. What sucks is that Matt Barkley will continue to mature as he gets older and USC's offense will suddenly return from the ashes.

Bama wins. I hope Texas dismantles the Crimson Tide. I hate Nick Saban. I was really hoping the Longhorns would lose so it'd be a TCU or Boise State vs Alabama title game.

did u see that phantom pass interferance call in the Texas Game. The score was 7-6 at the time (Texas lead, texas ball), and McCoy will overthrow a ball out of bounds. Not only was the ball out of bounds, but the Texas WR completely gave up on the play. Next thing you know it, a flag was thrown. Announcers Mutsberger and Herbstreit were like "huh"? That lead to a FG, and a 10-6 lead, which in a game like this one was important.

LSU doesn't get a fair shot against Alabama, but the refs didn't count an interception with 2 feet down (only need 1 in college). Arkansas was absolutely robbed when they played Florida this year. (video's below)

If you have been following college football, you know that the SEC purposely wanted a guaranteed that one of their schools to make it in the Championship game. As long as the BCS exists, corruption on the two largest conferences (Big 12 vs SEC Championship for the third straight year) will exist.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWlUzFkE2-w&NR=1[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuCLF7hJ6s[/youtube]
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:04 pm
I hope TCU vs Boise State is the BEST of all of the BCS games.

I hope Cincy beats Florida.

I hope Oregon dismantles Ohio St.

I hope Alabama vs Texas is a sh*t National Title Game.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:39 pm
xbay wrote:I hope TCU vs Boise State is the BEST of all of the BCS games.

I hope Cincy beats Florida.

I hope Oregon dismantles Ohio St.

I hope Alabama vs Texas is a sh*t National Title Game.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I co-sign this.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:57 pm
I was laughing so hard during Around the Horn when Paige, Mariotti, and Adande ganged up on Plaschke. I CANNOT believe he could defend the BCS system. It's the worst system in all of sports. His argument was it's great cause then it gives many, many college players a chance to be a champion and to hoist their coach above their shoulders. He goes on saying this isn't the pros, this is college and every player should have a shot to win a title.

And I'm all, this is freakin' ridiculous. College basketball, hockey, and baseball have one champion. They have a tournament to achieve that. What will having many winners from different bowl games prove? That everyone can win something?

In college basketball, we see teams like Bradley or George Mason come out of no where making noise during the March Madness tourney.

I mean, how the hell are we ever going to know if the lesser known power houses like Boise State and Cincinnati are better than the SEC and Big 12 power houses? Last year, Utah CRUSHED Alabama.

It's so ridiculous that the power house conferences are always getting a shot at the national title while teams in a weak conference get a high ranking, but get shunned out of the national title game.

To make this short and sweet...

MAKE A COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:36 am
xbay wrote:I was laughing so hard during Around the Horn when Paige, Mariotti, and Adande ganged up on Plaschke. I CANNOT believe he could defend the BCS system. It's the worst system in all of sports. His argument was it's great cause then it gives many, many college players a chance to be a champion and to hoist their coach above their shoulders. He goes on saying this isn't the pros, this is college and every player should have a shot to win a title.

And I'm all, this is freakin' ridiculous. College basketball, hockey, and baseball have one champion. They have a tournament to achieve that. What will having many winners from different bowl games prove? That everyone can win something?

In college basketball, we see teams like Bradley or George Mason come out of no where making noise during the March Madness tourney.

I mean, how the hell are we ever going to know if the lesser known power houses like Boise State and Cincinnati are better than the SEC and Big 12 power houses? Last year, Utah CRUSHED Alabama.

It's so ridiculous that the power house conferences are always getting a shot at the national title while teams in a weak conference get a high ranking, but get shunned out of the national title game.

To make this short and sweet...

MAKE A COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF!!!!

I watched todays ep as well.... Reilli kicked him out first because he too wants a playoff.

Marrioti to PLaske today (paraphrasing): "Only you and Calishaw are dumb enough to support the BCS"... for once, i actually agree with Marioti.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board