jax for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:26 pm
Cavs seem to be pretty interested in acquiring Jax, but they lack the pieces to get any kind of deal done. Warriors seem to be coveting a big man, but not the Big Z type of big men, So what team has an excess of big men that can aide a possible 3 way deal? Memphis!

GSW trades:
S.Jackson, Monta---------for--------Gasol, Jaric, West & CLE first round pick

Rid of the problem child and the duplicate. Receive a legit big man who can get up the floor, a combo guard who is more pass than shoot, and Jaric. Cap relief 2 years sooner.

MEM trades:
Gasol, Arthur-----for-------Monta, Hickson, D. Jackson

Monta(homecoming?) would have to endure a crowded one year in Memphis w/ Iverson. Next year, he could take over the 6th man role. Hickson an upgrade over Arthur. D. Jackson is filler.

CLE trades:
Hickson, West, D. Jackson & draft pick-------for-------S. Jackson, Arthur

Hickson seems to be highly valued by Cleveland, would they part with him for Jackson? I'm sure they don't mind losing the other pieces or their draft pick.

Should we be getting a Memphis first round pick in return? Maybe a top 8 protected pick?
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:38 am
fine wrote:Cavs seem to be pretty interested in acquiring Jax, but they lack the pieces to get any kind of deal done. Warriors seem to be coveting a big man, but not the Big Z type of big men, So what team has an excess of big men that can aide a possible 3 way deal? Memphis!

GSW trades:
S.Jackson, Monta---------for--------Gasol, Jaric, West & CLE first round pick

Rid of the problem child and the duplicate. Receive a legit big man who can get up the floor, a combo guard who is more pass than shoot, and Jaric. Cap relief 2 years sooner.

MEM trades:
Gasol, Arthur-----for-------Monta, Hickson, D. Jackson

Monta(homecoming?) would have to endure a crowded one year in Memphis w/ Iverson. Next year, he could take over the 6th man role. Hickson an upgrade over Arthur. D. Jackson is filler.

CLE trades:
Hickson, West, D. Jackson & draft pick-------for-------S. Jackson, Arthur

Hickson seems to be highly valued by Cleveland, would they part with him for Jackson? I'm sure they don't mind losing the other pieces or their draft pick.

Should we be getting a Memphis first round pick in return? Maybe a top 8 protected pick?

None of the three teams would go for this, except maybe Cleveland. Memphis needs Gasol, even though they have Thabeet. They have no room for Monta, with Iverson and Conley there. I wouldn't mind getting Conley, as he has looked to be a pretty good PG and is so new still.

I still think trying to get Dampier from the Mavs for SJack straight up would be the ideal trade

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:04 am
how do ya reckon we'd be handling this. Actively contacting teams, or letting them call us?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:28 am
Quazza wrote:how do ya reckon we'd be handling this. Actively contacting teams, or letting them call us?

Both, every way. They have to get rid of that guy as soon as possible

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:30 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:how do ya reckon we'd be handling this. Actively contacting teams, or letting them call us?

would that seem desperate though?

(i mean even more desperate)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:51 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:

would that seem desperate though?

(i mean even more desperate)

You know, I don't think there is any measure of being desperate right now, SJack has got to go. He has played well the last three years for the team so some GM will be willing to give something decent for him

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:02 am
Denver is very interested in Jackson... well, they really are interested in troubled players who can't be good with the law in general... might be a good fit for jackson. PLus, now that means 2 teams are interested, so the warriors can negotiate with more leverage.

Hopefully this works out .
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:33 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Denver is very interested in Jackson... well, they really are interested in troubled players who can't be good with the law in general... might be a good fit for jackson. PLus, now that means 2 teams are interested, so the warriors can negotiate with more leverage.

Hopefully this works out .

Don't know about salaries, but I'd take JR Smith alone. Love to get Chris Anderson alone, but doubt it. Don't think Denver needs SJack the slightest, unless they see him as the SG

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:13 am
I wouldn't want J.R. Smith... he is one incident away from a year suspension. Birdman has had his troubles too, so i dunno about him, but i do think this team can benefit from the birdman, especially if we are planning to use Mikki Moore
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:55 am
I love JR Smith and if this team was a completely different kind of team that wasnt 70% guards already and so young, then I would love to have his athleticism and shooting. But our team already have all the 2 guards we need and I wouldnt want to risk bringing JR's baggage and attitude to a team that already has issues.

Plus, a trade of Jax for JR straight up seems the only good trade. Or we could do Jack and Speedy for K-Mart, that works salary wise, but I doubt the Nuggets would be stupid enough to do it.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:49 pm
Birdman or KMart would be the only ones from the Nuggets that I would want on our team (being realistic as they wouldnt even think of trading Billups or Melo). KMart, if he doesn't mind coming off the bench, would be an old watered down version of Anthony Randolph. Would provide scoring off the bench and defense.

Birdman would be an interesting fit. He'd come off the bench and play next to Turiaf, but they are alike in that they mostly rebound and block shots. No one would drive it in on us or attempt to go into the key without hesitating first, but we'd rely on our 1, 2, and 3 for all the scoring...not out of the ordinary though so no loss really.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:00 pm
E-Man wrote:Birdman or KMart would be the only ones from the Nuggets that I would want on our team (being realistic as they wouldnt even think of trading Billups or Melo). KMart, if he doesn't mind coming off the bench, would be an old watered down version of Anthony Randolph. Would provide scoring off the bench and defense.

Birdman would be an interesting fit. He'd come off the bench and play next to Turiaf, but they are alike in that they mostly rebound and block shots. No one would drive it in on us or attempt to go into the key without hesitating first, but we'd rely on our 1, 2, and 3 for all the scoring...not out of the ordinary though so no loss really.

Yeah I would want either of them but I think both could add different things that this team needs. It would be cool to see Turiaf and Birdman on the same team, they both bring excitement and defence and are both crowd favorites.

K-Mart's contract is for one year and a player option for the year after that, and I think Birdman signed a 4 year deal and cant be traded for a few months still.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:47 pm
metalface wrote:I love JR Smith and if this team was a completely different kind of team that wasnt 70% guards already and so young, then I would love to have his athleticism and shooting. But our team already have all the 2 guards we need and I wouldnt want to risk bringing JR's baggage and attitude to a team that already has issues.

Plus, a trade of Jax for JR straight up seems the only good trade. Or we could do Jack and Speedy for K-Mart, that works salary wise, but I doubt the Nuggets would be stupid enough to do it.

Well JR Smit is listed as SG/SF, as SJack is so I'd do it. Yea he's a headcase, but isn't his contract for less time

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:52 pm
metalface wrote:
E-Man wrote:Birdman or KMart would be the only ones from the Nuggets that I would want on our team (being realistic as they wouldnt even think of trading Billups or Melo). KMart, if he doesn't mind coming off the bench, would be an old watered down version of Anthony Randolph. Would provide scoring off the bench and defense.

Yeah I would want either of them but I think both could add different things that this team needs. It would be cool to see Turiaf and Birdman on the same team, they both bring excitement and defence and are both crowd favorites.

K-Mart's contract is for one year and a player option for the year after that, and I think Birdman signed a 4 year deal and cant be traded for a few months still.

I'd like Birdman, but he's get even less time here than he does in Denver, you'd think anyway. KMart, since his contract is only one more year, I'd take and add n a future 1st rounder as well, lottery pick even. To get rid of SJack is that important

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:38 pm
migya wrote:
metalface wrote:I love JR Smith and if this team was a completely different kind of team that wasnt 70% guards already and so young, then I would love to have his athleticism and shooting. But our team already have all the 2 guards we need and I wouldnt want to risk bringing JR's baggage and attitude to a team that already has issues.

Well JR Smit is listed as SG/SF, as SJack is so I'd do it. Yea he's a headcase, but isn't his contract for less time

Oh I didnt look up his profile when I said he was a 2 guard, I guess because they have Melo at the 3 usually I thought of him as just a 2. I would want JR but would much rather have a bigger guy come here.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades