Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes : 24

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:43 pm
people, this guy actually asked for a month off during the season to promote 1 of his albums.

I could come up with a lot more, but do I really have to?

No way for Murphy.

No way in hell

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:38 pm
TMC wrote:
jsw548 wrote:I've kept quiet on this because I like Murphy, but he has said that he does not want to be an inside player. I saw him interviewed when he said this, he said he just doesn't like all the banging inside.

He really said that?. Then he wants to become another Terry Mills or what?. If that's how he feel, I say we're better off trading him...

If he, Murphy, doesn't like playing inside, then who on this current roster will put on the hard hat and play physical basketball? For the money that he is making, he should work on becoming a complete basketball player. If Murphy really said that, then his attitude about being a professional pales in comparison (no racial pun intended) to Artest.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:54 am
Cosmos wrote:people, this guy actually asked for a month off during the season to promote 1 of his albums.

I could come up with a lot more, but do I really have to?

No way for Murphy.

No way in hell

Everyone should realise this!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:29 am
looks like this artest crap is dragging out for a longer ride than expected, and i say its not worth the wait if Walsh want to hold off for another couple weeks or "whenver he feels comfortable". If Walsh want to get rid Artest, then out of respect for the team, the league, do it asap. But if he want to drag it out, then i say the Warriors pass becuase this is riduculous waiting for the trade to happen who knows when.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:26 am
Yep, I'd leave the idea of the trade right now.

If he hasn't been traded, we could try again near the trade dealine, but this dragging can't be helping the team.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:32 pm
Artest would help this team a hole lot he is not nearly as bad as alot of people make him out to be he is a loving father and in general a good person he plays with his emotions on his sleave. When British Knights dropped him last year they also decided not to donate basket ball shoes to Artests diffrent charitys and youth basketball programs so Artest stepped up and supplied all the kids shoes himself this is not an action of a complete idiot his problem is he sometimes acts before he thinks

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:01 pm
Murphy + a filler is our most logical trade. Those who say Troy is a very good player but dosn't fit our team are right, He doesn't fit. High post, no defense, 3 point shooter. He fits the Pacers lineup better paired with O'Neal. Only problem is his contract.
Likely trade that would be better for the Pacers would be MP + CC + ZC; or MP + some other fillers straight up for Artest. That way the Pacers would get a Artest clone in MP and some expiring contracts. We could throw in 1-3 1st round picks [being we have 5 in the next 3 years] if needed.
That trade wouldn't kill us but I don't like losing MP.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:11 pm
armchairgm wrote: We could throw in 1-3 1st round picks [being we have 5 in the next 3 years] if needed

Why do we have 5?. We got two from Dallas in the Dampier sign-and-trade, but later we sent one of those to Denver in the Najera trade (a completely retarded move...). Is there any other I can't remember right now?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:14 pm
esabyrn333 wrote:Artest would help this team a hole lot he is not nearly as bad as alot of people make him out to be he is a loving father and in general a good person he plays with his emotions on his sleave. When British Knights dropped him last year they also decided not to donate basket ball shoes to Artests diffrent charitys and youth basketball programs so Artest stepped up and supplied all the kids shoes himself this is not an action of a complete idiot his problem is he sometimes acts before he thinks

TO does all those things, and still is an asshole and a cancer to his team... an asshole with a good heart, it seems.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:31 pm
Ron is nothing like TO being a life long pacer fan I have watched ron alot and read about everything about him. with Mullins and Davis in this org. you guys would not have any problems with Ron BD has known him since highschool if yall get lucky enough to get him you will love the guy trust me that
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:53 pm
Maybe, maybe you're right and all he needs is a change of scenery. It worked with Spree when he was traded to New York...

Guess only time will tell.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:08 pm
PG Davis/ Fisher
SG Richardson/ Fisher
SF Artest/ Dunleavy
PF Diogu/ Artest
C Foyle/ Biedrens

2nd round of the Playoffs at least if you get foster out of this you will be challanging the Spurs in the WCF mark my words
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:13 am
I wan't Artest. Mullin must do it. With Dun would be good but if that can't hapen i don't care, i want him. He is the kind of player that takes you 1 categorie higher. It might turn out bad, i don't care. No more watching other teams sign superstars and Warriors doing nothing. And he is a superstar. Everybody said signing davis was stupid. Look at him now.

Mullin is the Ultimate Warrior

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:31 am
your on the money Tron when is the last time the Warriors have been to the play offs I know it has to have been a long time I think you all will like Dunleavy alot more if he was coming off the bench Murph for Artest is a fair trade in my eyes for both teams Foster seams to be the hold up Indy is in love with Foster because he is a high effort guy but with the cba Artest for Murhpy does'nt work you guys need to throw in another guy Petrius seams to be the name that is always coming up Maybe if they do Artest/ Fred Jones for Murph/ Petrius but either way You all will be getting the better end of the deal. Being a Artest fan I really want him to go to golden state because I could be a warriors fan I don't have the stomach for many other teams in the western Conf. I am a Pacer fan first always but my number 2 team could be the Warriors I would rather die a slow death than ever route for the Lakers or most any other team
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:17 am
esabyrn333 wrote:I am a Pacer fan first always but my number 2 team could be the Warriors I would rather die a slow death than ever route for the Lakers or most any other team

:shock:

:D

That's not a bad trade. I mean the Murph / Pietrus for Artest / Fred Jones. I'd rather do this than the other with Foster.

I'm all for a trade for Artest as long as Ike is out of that trade.

btw, welcome to the board, esabyrn333.
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball