Space Travels

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:27 pm
Hey guys just interested in seeing how you unlock the keys to the universe.

I think travelling at the speed of light will be unlocked through magnets positioned in different parts of the galaxies and looking into reflective mirrors near Blackholes.

I really think the United States Airforce needs to fire a Rocket with a nuclear Atom bomb attached into a Blackhole then analyze that for data...
(i mean i for one dont think the Bomb would ever explode, but if it did it could spew out some interesting data)

The bomb never kabooms cause a Blackhole has no walls or nothing to impace on just sucks up energy!!!
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:16 pm
Ever heard of an event horizon?

You wouldn't be analyzing much...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:42 pm
MurinuR wrote:Ever heard of an event horizon?

You wouldn't be analyzing much...

yes its a movie... i should go down to blockbuster and watch it again.

But there is a issue with something being sucked into a blackhole due to the force of gravitational pull & then fired into a blackhole at a speed faster then gravitational pull allows.

For that very reason, i predict once the missle is shot into the hole... it would actually create more speed and could very likely hit another meteor, planet or space debris that had previously was sucked into the hole light years before.

for that very reason... the impact would cause a explosion (KABOOM) but we could never see it as it travels further and further into the centre of whatever magnetic force is attracting the light in a blackhole.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:39 am
Ah yes Event Horizon.....I remember that creepy sci-fi movie.

Anyways theres no meteors or planets floating around inside black holes from years before.

Any matter that is "sucked" into a black hole is torn apart. Elements are destroyed, even atoms are reduced to quarks or strings or what ever they think are the origins of matter these days.

I guessing they (black holes) weigh thousands, possibly millions or trillions the time of our planet or sun and all this matter is squeezed into an impossibly small place. (who knows how physics work under those conditions)

I'm no expert on this stuff....... but I would guess your KABOOM most likely wouldn't go off as the uranium would be torn apart into quarks (and there for cease to exist) long before it hit anything (which it wouldn't) and your KABOOM wouldn't be seen..... as the gravitatuonal forces are so powerful that the light is unable to escape..... hence the event horizon.

Return to Off-Topic Forum