no guidelines on suspension

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:14 pm
How can i guy get 10 game suspension (R.Lewis) whom all he did was take a over the counter (legal) suppliment to improve his shape get more games then Gun Totting SJAX or reckless Daytona Driver (J.R Smith) who both got 7 games for way more serious crimes.

I dont understand it...

David Stern has always been the biggest weakness in my eyes. The Uniform rule sucks and it's totally racist in my view.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:03 pm
That does sound wrong, but it is all about the guidelines about what substances can be taken or not, by the league

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:14 am
Dunno. I find gun charges to be more serious than cheating cause that means you're willing to take the life of someone else or cause them harm whether you mean it or not.

It's like Mr. Crackerz said before, the NBA is the worst league of all of them.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:21 am
xbay wrote:Dunno. I find gun charges to be more serious than cheating cause that means you're willing to take the life of someone else or cause them harm whether you mean it or not.

Yeah, its the worse because it ruins the game of basketball. So inconsistant, favoritism to star players, suspension are wack, AND NOW... new rules on traveling (to cater LeBron and others). The college game is funner to watch. Brings the TEAM concept to a team sport.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:31 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:Dunno. I find gun charges to be more serious than cheating cause that means you're willing to take the life of someone else or cause them harm whether you mean it or not.

Yeah, its the worse because it ruins the game of basketball. So inconsistant, favoritism to star players, suspension are wack, AND NOW... new rules on traveling (to cater LeBron and others). The college game is funner to watch. Brings the TEAM concept to a team sport.

College Basketball is SO FREAKING BORING!!!!!

and i think the reason gun charges aren't taken so serious is because it has no effect on the game and the league itself. A guy is willing to take a life, it's not affecting anything but maybe the image of the league. Cheating is affecting the integrity of the league and i believe more people would stop watching because they feel the players cheated than if a guy gets caught with a gun or even murders somebody.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:02 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

and i think the reason gun charges aren't taken so serious is because it has no effect on the game and the league itself. A guy is willing to take a life, it's not affecting anything but maybe the image of the league. Cheating is affecting the integrity of the league and i believe more people would stop watching because they feel the players cheated than if a guy gets caught with a gun or even murders somebody.

Professional Athletes are role models. What they do off the field affect on the field for that reason in itself. J.R. Smith is a prime example of a very troubled man who i am shocked hasn't been suspended for 30-40 games already. If they were quickly able to give Chris "birdman" Anderson an indefinite suspension that lasted almost 2 seasons for drugs, they can do the same on J.R. Smith driving drunk and murder and constant law troubles.

Also, college bball isn't boring. Some teams ARE boring (UCLA for example because they focus solely on defense and wasting all 35 seconds). However, conversly, UNC plays a pro style run and gun with Williams that usually makes them the highest scoring team in the NCAA. PLus, no denying atmosphere in college is spectacular and fun. Always active.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:10 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Professional Athletes are role models. What they do off the field affect on the field for that reason in itself. J.R. Smith is a prime example of a very troubled man who i am shocked hasn't been suspended for 30-40 games already. If they were quickly able to give Chris "birdman" Anderson an indefinite suspension that lasted almost 2 seasons for drugs, they can do the same on J.R. Smith driving drunk and murder and constant law troubles.

Also, college bball isn't boring. Some teams ARE boring (UCLA for example because they focus solely on defense and wasting all 35 seconds). However, conversly, UNC plays a pro style run and gun with Williams that usually makes them the highest scoring team in the NCAA. PLus, no denying atmosphere in college is spectacular and fun. Always active.

eh... NCAA BB and its atmosphere are boring until about the elite 8. My opinion, not meant to attack anyone's love for it, because there are ton's of people who get into it and i wish i could. To me it's mostlly pass the ball around the arc, throw it down low, kick it out, back around the arc, heave a 3, brick rebound , half court set ... blah blah blah, don't get me started on these idiots that jump up and down all day saying "OHHHHHHHHHHHH" the whole damn game....

anyway, Crackerz, you're completely right morally, but i just look at how the higher ups view things. Look at baseball, Shoeless Joe Jackson and Pete Rose received the harshest of punishments, why? because what they did affected the integrity of the game itself. All these guys that juiced may not get into the hall of fame but they won't be banned from the game completely.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:40 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

eh... NCAA BB and its atmosphere are boring until about the elite 8. My opinion, not meant to attack anyone's love for it, because there are ton's of people who get into it and i wish i could. To me it's mostlly pass the ball around the arc, throw it down low, kick it out, back around the arc, heave a 3, brick rebound , half court set ... blah blah blah, don't get me started on these idiots that jump up and down all day saying "OHHHHHHHHHHHH" the whole damn game....

anyway, Crackerz, you're completely right morally, but i just look at how the higher ups view things. Look at baseball, Shoeless Joe Jackson and Pete Rose received the harshest of punishments, why? because what they did affected the integrity of the game itself. All these guys that juiced may not get into the hall of fame but they won't be banned from the game completely.

But at the end of the day rob, what is worse? Cheating at a "game" or conflicting harm on another individual. Don't get me wrong, both are wrong and bad. But violence is worse. AND it does play in sports, because our government has ties to these sports leagues. Remember, get get anti-trust excemptions to exist. So, i think these leagues are morally and lawfully responsible to represent there product without any of these things. This is for all leagues. Thats why Goodell does such a good job on. Certainly better than the MLB or NBA.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:43 am
Dude, Crack, i'm not disagreeing with you buddy! My point is to explain the Comissioners' stances for their particular sport. They are there to ensure their product thrives year after year. Their job is not to help those fortunate few who get to play in those leagues. That's the job description that i think they see. I highly doubt they give two shits about the players in the league when it doesn't involve the growth of their product.

Return to NBA Forum