yes
11%
no
89%

Total votes : 18

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:00 am
Suposebly this is the hold up :dontknow: ..It's on you Mullin.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:23 am
i would have to vote against this trade. it's a total gamble, and artest is almost certain to leave at the end of next year. ike is exactly what our team has been needing, an inside low post scoring presence who can also pass out of double teams.

if artest didn't have baggage, i would pull the trigger cuz he's so phenomenal, but i dont' think the warrriors can risk taking such a big gamble just to make the playoffos this year.

as it is, we stilll have a pretty good shot right now with our current roster; especially if MP comes back soon
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:55 am
kendo888 wrote:as it is, we stilll have a pretty good shot right now with our current roster; especially if MP comes back soon

Exactly! Patience is all that is needed right now!

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:05 am
No way, no way we give them Ike! [-X

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:11 pm
O.G. broe wrote:Suposebly this is the hold up :dontknow: ..It's on you Mullin.

OG, if this is the crux of the trade, and if Golden State pulls the trigger and makes the trade, who plays inside on the low block for Golden State?

If this trade happens, then the team looks more and more like it is built for Don Nelson (all perimeter players, no inside presence, a real donut team).
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:24 pm
O.G. broe wrote:Suposebly this is the hold up :dontknow: ..It's on you Mullin.

I would hang up the phone right now, and never pick it up until the trade dead line. Mullin Artest wont fix our defensive problems, so don't even think about trading away Ike in the false hope of fixing our defense. It's a five man job.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:20 pm
The Real Newman wrote:I would hang up the phone right now, and never pick it up until the trade dead line. Mullin Artest wont fix our defensive problems, so don't even think about trading away Ike in the false hope of fixing our defense. It's a five man job.

Right on the money! :D

Plus the inside offense would be back to nothing!

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:38 pm
Can we all forget about Artest? Do we remember how the free-fall started? Nelly getting the boot because of Webber? PJ getting choked by Webber's buddy Latrell? Nobody wanting to be associated with the W's after that? Artest is a short term fix at best, and we need to keep building. Giving up Diogu or Murphy or MP would be crazy. I would even have a problem giving up Dun for Artest, as ridiculous as that sounds because Artest will be gone after a year (one way or another), and then you have NOTHING + a whole lot of hurt feelings. Just say no!

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:14 pm
I agree. The whole Artest thing is looking more and more shaky. Walsh is trying to play hard-to-get (Well, I guess that's what he's supposed to do) like any used-car salesman, but I hope Mully doesn't fall for it. Of course Walsh is looking to plunder the Warriors. To be honest, you have to be ruthless when it comes to trades in the NBA. I'd let Walsh know:

We'll give you Mike D. for Artest. Straight across and contingent on Artest signing an airtight extended contract that will be automatically and legally voided if he acts up. Period. Take it or leave it.

Artest is his problem, not ours.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:41 am
The Real Newman wrote:I would hang up the phone right now

Yep. I can believe we're discussing trading Ike. He was a keeper a month ago, and now that he's playing and showing some of his potential, we're discussing trading him?????

If it's at the cost of Ike, f*ck Artest. And Garnett. And whoever...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:16 am
TMC wrote:If it's at the cost of Ike, f*ck Artest. And Garnett. And whoever...

Not Garnett! Artest yea but not Garnett! Don't forget that this guy surrounded by proper talent would be even better! I like Diogu's ability and potential very much but if the team could get Garnett for say Diogu and dun, I'd take that!!!! Problem then is that Murphy would have to play Center or Garnett would have to because Murphy gets paid too much to be on the bench!

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:30 am
From now on, Ike's my boy. I know it's not logical, but f*ck Garnett also...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:10 am
It can't be the influence of foolish individuals.......... (not mentioning names.......) :mrgreen:

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:09 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:If it's at the cost of Ike, f*ck Artest. And Garnett. And whoever...

Not Garnett! Artest yea but not Garnett! Don't forget that this guy surrounded by proper talent would be even better! I like Diogu's ability and potential very much but if the team could get Garnett for say Diogu and dun, I'd take that!!!! Problem then is that Murphy would have to play Center or Garnett would have to because Murphy gets paid too much to be on the bench!

Both Garnett and Artest would bring an element of competitive spirit to the team.

If it were a choice between the two, I would rather have Garnett; he has an inside game and can be virtually unstoppable in the paint.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:18 am
uptempo wrote:If it were a choice between the two, I would rather have Garnett; he has an inside game and can be virtually unstoppable in the paint.

Garnett does it all! Score, rebound, pass, steal, block, post game, jump shot! Everything! Getting him would be the hardest thing in the nba though!

Next

Return to Warriors Basketball