MLB Playoffs

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:08 pm
Jackattack wrote:Carp is tough!

Disappointing effort from him today. Let's hope it's not his only appearance in the play-offs this year.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:39 pm
After watching the first two games of each series, I get this feeling the Dodgers will represent the NL, hands down. As for the AL... it's a toss up between the Yanks and Angels. I think the Yanks because of how clutch they've been. But then I think the Angels because of how strong of a team they've become since the death of Nick Adenhart.

I'm kinda pulling for the Angels, though, just cause of that story, and cause I hate the Yanks. But if it comes down to Dodgers/Yankees, I'll take the Yanks cause I hate the Dodgers THAT much. And that was tough to swallow cause I don't like the Yankees at all... only Derek Jeter.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:55 pm
I am a bitter and pissed off Cardinals fan today... :evil: motherf*ck LA!!

I'll be better tomorrow... :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:09 pm
Jackattack wrote:I am a bitter and pissed off Cardinals fan today... :evil: motherf*ck LA!!
:

Hey but you got a Warriors win the day before.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:14 pm
PAWNO wrote:
Jackattack wrote:I am a bitter and pissed off Cardinals fan today... :evil: motherf*ck LA!!
:

Hey but you got a Warriors win the day before.

true. maybe tonight even...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Role Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:48 pm
God I hate the angels and dodgers. Stupid cardinals and sox coudlnt even win a single game.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:28 am
I'm not sure if it's because I just lived in Orange County or what, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Angels go to the series. Not the Dodgers, of course.

I mean, between the Yankees and the Angels, aren't the Angels the better pick? :)

And the NL choice has to be the Phillies.

BtW, in our Giant/FA conversation in the other thread, I doubt very much that the Cardinals will bring Holliday back for huge dollars now.
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:25 pm
No Longer StuckInSoCal wrote:BtW, in our Giant/FA conversation in the other thread, I doubt very much that the Cardinals will bring Holliday back for huge dollars now.

No kidding. After what I saw from him, that was terrible. Bases loaded, no outs, he strikes out... looking. He didn't produce anything for them. This guy expects to get paid big? Hahahahaha.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:26 pm
Predictions for this round?

I'm going with Yanks in six, and also Phillies in seven.

I'm intrigued by the AL series; both the Yanks and Angels have some dudes who can swing the bat. However, I like the Yanks offense slightly more, especially if A-Rod can continue to come through with some big at-bats. I just don't think the Angels have someone who can put the rest of the team on their shoulders (although maybe Vlad Guerrero..), they seem to score a lot of their runs by getting guys on base and then hitting singles and doubles.

In terms of the pitching, I think Sabathia/Burnett/Pettite verse Saunders/Weaver/Lackey is actually a fairly even match-up. All these guys can do deep into games. I think the difference here is the bullpens, and ESPECIALLY the closer role. Rivera against Fuentes? That match-up could very much indeed decide this series.

In the NL, I'm really excited to see how the series unfolds. Both teams have some big hitters, although I put slightly more faith in Howard/Utley/Ibanez/Werth/etc than I do in Ramirez/Kemp/Either/Loney/etc. I actually like the Dodgers' pitching staff more than the Phillies' pitching staff. Cliff Lee is the best picture in this series by a fair bit, but Hamels is a huge question mark, and I'm not sure what role Happ, Blanton, Pedro or even Moyer might play here. Meanwhile, I think Kershaw, Wolf, Billingsley and Padella is slightly more reliable. Even if they're not, I trust the Dodgers' bullpen A LOT more. They contributed significantly to their series win over the Cards. I think it's too soon to say that Lidge has turned the corner, and I worry there could be some blown saves that might come back to haunt the Phillies. However, ultimately, I think Cliff Lee, Hamels (I say he gets back on track), Utley and Howard are the main reasons why Philadelphia will return to the World Series.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:47 pm
Kershaw just imploded. This kid is special, but he's still got some control issues. He gave up the HR when he needed to throw the strike and then he walked way too many guys for an annual MVP candidate in Howard to break the game wide open.

I'm not a Phillies fan (obviously) but I really wouldn't mind seeing them sweep the Dodgers. 8)

Man, a Phillies/Angels WS would just rock!
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:35 pm
Yeah, I thought it was a mistake to start Kershaw first. He's good, but he's not ready to set the tone for a playoff series.

Like I said, I'm not a the biggest Phillies fan, but they are playing the Dodgers, so go figure.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 pm
xbay wrote:Yeah, I thought it was a mistake to start Kershaw first. He's good, but he's not ready to set the tone for a playoff series.

Like I said, I'm not a the biggest Phillies fan, but they are playing the Dodgers, so go figure.

I gotta say Im going for the Dodgers in this series...which probably means they will surely lose.

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:19 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
xbay wrote:Yeah, I thought it was a mistake to start Kershaw first. He's good, but he's not ready to set the tone for a playoff series.

I gotta say Im going for the Dodgers in this series...which probably means they will surely lose.

Good. :wink:
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 pm
PHILLIES!

Rollins coming up clutch in the 9th as the Phillies rally from behind to beat the Dodgers to take a commanding 3-1 series lead.

ANGELS!

FINALLY! Sheesh.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:33 pm
Can't see Phillies blowing a two-game lead. I think the Dodgers will win Game 5, but Philly wraps it up in Game 6.

As for the AL, the Yanks are looking pretty good there. Although, if the Angels win the next one to tie it up, anything is possible. But my money is still on Yanks.

The regular season awards should be announced soon right?
Last edited by aussiebiedrins on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board