2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:28 am
Ok if i'm going to win fantasy football. I need to have a running back committee. One week when i rest someone. He blows up n after racking up negative points this week on top of last weeks felix jones injury. I just need to bring in someone to make decisions for me on which bruiser to start. Well perhaps after week 5. Lt and Regi Bush both got bye weeks n what the pathetic Darren Mcfaden wil pile against the giants i'm hoping Brian Westbrook can make up against pityful Tampa :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:47 pm
With Adrian Peterson and Greg Jennings left for JOEL, I thought it was over for me. But they only gave him about 12 points total. The streak continues on to next week against Bada!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:31 pm
If i win my fantasy matchup today in this league... it's only because TMC set the wrong starting lineup.

I see Clinton Portis is putting in a MVP performance today & TMC went with DeSean Jackson over Bernard Berrian and well Jackson doesnt even look like he's in uniform.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:01 pm
130 points so far...and still got Dallas Clark to play. The Juggernaut is indeed aptly named :mrgreen:

If I had started Bradshaw over Jacobs and not dropped Nate Burleson for that WR from the Browns, I would have had close to 170 points.

This league is mine, it's done, game over.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:24 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:130 points so far...and still got Dallas Clark to play. The Juggernaut is indeed aptly named :mrgreen:

If I had started Bradshaw over Jacobs and not dropped Nate Burleson for that WR from the Browns, I would have had close to 170 points.

This league is mine, it's done, game over.

If "If's" were fifths, we would all be drunk.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:36 pm
Congrats Bada, you'll be handing me my first loss... unless Braylon Edwards starts fumbling it over and over and over again.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:57 pm
I beat both of Tmc in fantasy football this week. If i get banned from the boards. Blame the spanish moderator for vengance. Joel up next- unfortunately for him i have got brian westbrook running against the swiss cheese raiders defense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:03 pm
PAWNO wrote:I beat both of Tmc in fantasy football this week. If i get banned from the boards. Blame the spanish moderator for vengance. Joel up next- unfortunately for him i have got brian westbrook running against the swiss cheese raiders defense.

I should ban the whole Jets. Keller ended with 0 points and the D finished with a ridiculous -1. And I lost by 4 points, so I know who to blame...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:05 pm
TMC wrote:
PAWNO wrote:I beat both of Tmc in fantasy football this week. If i get banned from the boards. Blame the spanish moderator for vengance. Joel up next- unfortunately for him i have got brian westbrook running against the swiss cheese raiders defense.

I should ban the whole Jets. Keller ended with 0 points and the D finished with a ridiculous -1. And I lost by 4 points, so I know who to blame...

Is there a new hate from TMC for a NFL team brewing?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:08 pm
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:

Is there a new hate from TMC for a NFL team brewing?

Nah, it's just one game. But if they do that to me again or if they do it in the final week and I miss the playoffs because of that... well... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:18 am
PAWNO wrote:
xbay wrote:I'll be in.

I'm going to create another league as well. Cause I want to add more to the league than what we had last year. I'll revive the old thread and give details sometime soon.

What did we have last season xbay 12 or 14?

Cause that'd be crazy playing with more teams... I had trouble finding good quality wide receivers in that league.. I wanted a 10 man league to hopefully have more high scoring games and better depth on that Free agent Wire.

Whats everyones thoughts on the depth of the free agent wire?

Crazy how TMC can be the 2nd highest scoring team in the league but still sit pretty on the bottom of the Standings. 1 win 4 Losses (Same record as the Raiders, But least your better then the BUCS :mrgreen:

There's heaps of opportunity to stockpile quality players on the team... and some weeks if you do or dont choose the right sit and start combo you essentially would win or lose your game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:49 pm
NICE1 Braylon came through for me last night to knock off the previously unbeaten Xbay squad!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:51 pm
PAWNO wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

I'm going to create another league as well. Cause I want to add more to the league than what we had last year. I'll revive the old thread and give details sometime soon.

Cause that'd be crazy playing with more teams... I had trouble finding good quality wide receivers in that league.. I wanted a 10 man league to hopefully have more high scoring games and better depth on that Free agent Wire.

Crazy how TMC can be the 2nd highest scoring team in the league but still sit pretty on the bottom of the Standings. 1 win 4 Losses (Same record as the Raiders, But least your better then the BUCS :mrgreen:

There's heaps of opportunity to stockpile quality players on the team... and some weeks if you do or dont choose the right sit and start combo you essentially would win or lose your game.

PLENTY of depth which is why I was hoping for more roster spots to start with. Sucks cutting guys you drafted just to fill for one week on a bye.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:43 pm
bada wrote:
PAWNO wrote:
PAWNO wrote:

PLENTY of depth which is why I was hoping for more roster spots to start with. Sucks cutting guys you drafted just to fill for one week on a bye.

Yeah. We could have used a few more roster spots in this league. There's A LOT of depth available in the free agent pool, so we could have added one flex position and a couple bench spots and that would have been fine.

No biggie, tho. Matchup's are killing me, not roster depth.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:24 pm
still looking to trade a RB for a WR. My RB's are:

Steven Jackson
Steve Slaton
Kevin Smith
Jonathan Stewart
Knowshon Moreno
Glen Coffee

Return to Fantasy League Forum