Bosh to Warriors rumor

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:13 am
From today's Toronto Sun: "Raptors forward Chris Bosh becomes a free agent at the end of the season and for that primary reason the four-time NBA all-star has yet to commit to the U.S. team for next summer's FIBA world basketball championships in Turkey. In the rumor department. Bosh has been mentioned in a possible trade to the Golden State Warriors in a deal that would involve Andris Biedrins coming to the Toronto, with, of course, a lot more, if there's any substance at all to the rumor."

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basket ... 1-sun.html
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:17 pm
how about Monta / Biedrins / Jackson for Bosh / DeRozan / Marcus Banks? This works on the trade machine, I would only do this if we were guaranteed to sign Bosh long term, but it would free up lots of $$ over the next couple years if we didnt get Bosh on an extended deal.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:23 pm
Why cant we do Bosh for Biedrins and Claxton straight up? That would more than satisfy me and if works on the trade machine.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:24 pm
metalface wrote:Why cant we do Bosh for Biedrins and Claxton straight up? That would more than satisfy me and if works on the trade machine.

that would be awesome if Toronto would go for that, but I dont think its enough return for the Raps.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:27 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
metalface wrote:Why cant we do Bosh for Biedrins and Claxton straight up? That would more than satisfy me and if works on the trade machine.

that would be awesome if Toronto would go for that, but I dont think its enough return for the Raps.

Im hoping they realize that they could either get a very good center and an expirer for Bosh or lose him for nothing at the end of the year because everyone knows he will NOT resign for any reason.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm
metalface wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

Im hoping they realize that they could either get a very good center and an expirer for Bosh or lose him for nothing at the end of the year because everyone knows he will NOT resign for any reason.

It does make sense, maybe closer to the deadline he could be had for something like that. I just dont see getting an impact player like Bosh for less than Andris and Monta.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:36 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
metalface wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:

It does make sense, maybe closer to the deadline he could be had for something like that. I just dont see getting an impact player like Bosh for less than Andris and Monta.

Andris and Maggette for Bosh and Antoine Wright? Im just being really optimistic. Hoping we can pull off a one sided trade much like the P.Gasol trade a few years ago.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:10 am
"Always" Next wrote:how about Monta / Biedrins / Jackson for Bosh / DeRozan / Marcus Banks? This works on the trade machine, I would only do this if we were guaranteed to sign Bosh long term, but it would free up lots of $$ over the next couple years if we didnt get Bosh on an extended deal.

I love Marcus Banks, so does TMC :mrgreen:

I'd do that trade as it gets rid of SJack and Monta as well (as his attitude has been a bit bad also).

I don't like Bosh that much, especially defensively, as he isn't that great. He is not a tough inside player, more of a midrange and outside shooting big. He would fit well in the run and gun system of Nelson, but I'd prefer Amare much more

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:43 am
migya wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:how about Monta / Biedrins / Jackson for Bosh / DeRozan / Marcus Banks? This works on the trade machine, I would only do this if we were guaranteed to sign Bosh long term, but it would free up lots of $$ over the next couple years if we didnt get Bosh on an extended deal.

I'd do that trade as it gets rid of SJack and Monta as well (as his attitude has been a bit bad also).

I don't like Bosh that much, especially defensively, as he isn't that great. He is not a tough inside player, more of a midrange and outside shooting big. He would fit well in the run and gun system of Nelson, but I'd prefer Amare much more

Really??? I don't see how that trade would make us better.

Banks isn't worth the 4-4.5 million he's getting paid and had his one season of glory in Phoenix. I'd rather play Law than Banks. Bosh would be forced into a full time C position which he hasn't played and neither him nor Randolph are a post presence...while both can rebound, neither one has the offensive post game nor the strength to handle a bunch of the league's centers. I like the potential DeRozan has, but you guys are basically saying you will hand over our 3 best players for an all-star, an unproven--despite being talented rookie, and a bum who will warm the bench for two seasons at 4 million per?

I, too, am getting frustrated with Jackson and his distractions and I can see Monta being a problem in the future if he develops an attitude like Jackson's...but like it or not that is WAY too much to give for what we'd get in return. I think the only REAL problem I'd have with this trade is Marcus Banks...so not worth the money. If he was expiring after this season then I have no problem, but that's not the case.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:12 am
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

Banks isn't worth the 4-4.5 million he's getting paid and had his one season of glory in Phoenix. I'd rather play Law than Banks. Bosh would be forced into a full time C position which he hasn't played and neither him nor Randolph are a post presence...while both can rebound, neither one has the offensive post game nor the strength to handle a bunch of the league's centers. I like the potential DeRozan has, but you guys are basically saying you will hand over our 3 best players for an all-star, an unproven--despite being talented rookie, and a bum who will warm the bench for two seasons at 4 million per?

I, too, am getting frustrated with Jackson and his distractions and I can see Monta being a problem in the future if he develops an attitude like Jackson's...but like it or not that is WAY too much to give for what we'd get in return. I think the only REAL problem I'd have with this trade is Marcus Banks...so not worth the money. If he was expiring after this season then I have no problem, but that's not the case.

Banks is an expirer in a year isn't he? If so, he is a tradeable commodity next offseason.

The point of this trade is to get rid of SJack, while getting talent back and the team gets that with Bosh and even DeRozan. Bosh at Center is alot like Biedrins at Center, as both are about the same build and strength, yet Bosh has a much better offensive game, so no comparison there. As for Monta, I just don't like the attitude he has shown the last couple of weeks, if not more, and I just don't see how it works having both him and Curry, one has to go.

Even if Bosh were to leave, the team still has alot of young talent and would then be alot under the salary cap, able to get another big name.

Getting rid of sJack for an expirer and/or something reasonable is going to be harder than most people might want to believe or accept. Getting Crawford out of here was a big plus and real well done, but it won't be so easy with SJack

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:47 am
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

. Bosh at Center is alot like Biedrins at Center,

lol except they are pretty completely opposite. One scores and doesnt really rebound, the other vice versa

And no way the Raptors trade Derozan with Bosh. Thats crazy talk
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:13 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

lol except they are pretty completely opposite. One scores and doesnt really rebound, the other vice versa

Biedrins is a great rebounder, only getting about 30mins a game and yet getting over 11rebs a game, but Bosh gets 10rebs a game himself, among the league leaders, so not a huge difference. The blocks aren't a whole lot different either, as Bosh is lousy for a superstar big, but Biedrins doesn't get much himself either, something I thought he'd do better by now.

As for DeRozan, they have Belinelli now and he is starting material I think. DeRozan is not worth Monta either, not even close, at least right now and for DeRozan to get to the level of Monta, well I wouldn't bet money on it, as Monta is a top 40-top 50 player, DeRozan is a rookie and not exactly the best one in his class either.

You wouldn't do this trade if it could be done?

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:18 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

Biedrins is a great rebounder, only getting about 30mins a game and yet getting over 11rebs a game, but Bosh gets 10rebs a game himself, among the league leaders, so not a huge difference. The blocks aren't a whole lot different either, as Bosh is lousy for a superstar big, but Biedrins doesn't get much himself either, something I thought he'd do better by now.

As for DeRozan, they have Belinelli now and he is starting material I think. DeRozan is not worth Monta either, not even close, at least right now and for DeRozan to get to the level of Monta, well I wouldn't bet money on it, as Monta is a top 40-top 50 player, DeRozan is a rookie and not exactly the best one in his class either.

I agree Amare is a better all around player. Neither Amare or Bosh are good defenders. There are 3 reasons I no longer want Amare 1) He's going to want so much money, unless we change ownership, we will certainly only have him for one year. A spoiled guy like him is least likely to see the new NBA salary reality. 2) his attitude sucks and he doesn't want to be with us. 3) I'm not sure he will return to being the old Amare, it's just a feeling, I know he's young but I wonder if his best days have been played. I do think Bosh is a good fit and would give the Warriors a fresh look.

I guess it's wishful thinking to think the Raptors would take BVeans and Jackson for Bosh. A couple of months ago, that might have been an even talent trade, and salary wise, it does work. The Raptors proclivity for European players would make me think that a spoiled American player like Jack would be the LEAST desirable player they might want to spring for. But,if the Raptors want value now for an expiring contract. It would make the W's a playoff team, and with our youth developing in a couple of years, possibly a top 4 team.
War Years
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:47 am
We have to be careful in not giving up too much because of the possibility of not being able to re-sign Bosh at the end of the year. I think beans and jack would be a gamble that would be worth our while. If they are asking for benas and monta i thinks thats too much to give up for a possible rental player...
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:09 pm
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:
E-Man wrote:
migya wrote:

No, I wouldn't.

Banks's contract ends in 2011 so there's no real use in getting him this season.

As far as Bosh and Biedrins being similar players...you gotta be kidding me, bro. You don't honestly believe that do you? Bosh is a perimeter based, offense-oriented PF. Biedrins is a low post, defense-oriented C. The way their bodies are built is similar, if that's what you are talking about. But their games are TOTALLY different. The reason Biedrins can hang with most of the leagues centers is cuz he knows how to defend them, despite not having the apparent strength. I'm sure Bosh would be Nellie's ideal center, but we'd have the same problem in our big men that we currently have with our PGs..basically who defends the opposing center?

Like I said earlier, I think that we'd be giving too much for what we get in return. Maybe if it was Maggette instead of Jackson (as he'd probably be happy if he were playing next to Bosh and would want to stay), then MAYBE I'd consider it.

On a scale of 1-10, if Kobe, LBJ, and Dwight were 10s...Monta, Jack, and Biedrins are all 7.5-8's. Compared to Banks, DeRozan, and Bosh who are 4, 5, and 8.75 respectively.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Next

Return to Trades