jax for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:50 am
Well I don't know how realistic it is for Jax to go to some of the places he requested. Although I would like to see him in CLE that isn't gonna happen. NY isn't gonna jeapordize their future for him. Houston isn't looking to spend. Spurs just don't have the pieces. Mavericks might be the only team he "requests" as far as in Texas.

Some trade ideas

Mavericks get
Jackson
Law

Warriors get
Dampier

He is a big expiring which would just get rid of Jackson but the Mavericks will more than likely wait till the deadline to deal Dampier.

The same deal could be dealt for Chicago.

Chicago get
Jackson
Law

Warriors get
Brad Miller

Brad is expiring and Chicago could look to add more talent if they want to go deeper in the play offs.

Here is one I think is good for the Warriors

Blazers get
Jackson

Warriors get
Outlaw
Bayless

The Warriors get two nice young players(that expire) and the Blazers get a upgrade to go farther in the playoffs.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:06 am
The Chicago one is pretty bad. The Bulls already have a lot of money tied up on Luol Deng's contract, so it makes no sense to add another long term contract for a player that plays the same position.

The other two look feasible, tho. I particularly like the Blazers one.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:21 am
TMC wrote:The Chicago one is pretty bad. The Bulls already have a lot of money tied up on Luol Deng's contract, so it makes no sense to add another long term contract for a player that plays the same position.

The other two look feasible, tho. I particularly like the Blazers one.

yeah, getting dampier back (for a year) would be nice, but the problem with that is similar to the problem with a potential Zydrunas or potential Brad Miller trade. we have no Center to give back. Nathan Jawali was toronto's back up back up center last year. he sure as hell isn't starter material. unless we can get another 3rd trade team to give up their starting/descent back-up center. I don't think any of these are possible (sadly).

EDIT--- Hoopshype says Dampier has 2 years, nevermind

I can get down with the Blazer trade. the only thing I will add is that I think we need to give them either Law or Watson. it works financially.
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lwwzkx

I would rather do my trade because Battier is better than Outlaw, but I'd be happy getting either for jax.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:03 pm
Praise me! I have a trade idea:

GSW, Utah, and Mavs Three Way

GSW
trades away: Jackson, Monta
receives: Josh Howard, Dallas expirings (some combo of S. Williams, Humphries, Barrea, Buckner)

If the team is looking to open up PT for Curry, and want to please Jax's trade demand, this trade would turn their 18 mil. worth of contract into 18 mil of expirings. Add in Law, Speedy, maybe Buike, and we're looking at ~25 mil gone after 09-10.

Utah
trades away: Boozer
receives: Monta

Utah isn't going to keep boozer, and are looking to deal him. Monta would be an ideal fit next to D-Will. Deal saves them ~1 mil. (Would be nice if more talent can somehow get into Utah's side of the deal. 4th team?)

Dallas
trades away : Josh Howard, a bunch of expirers
receives: Boozer, Jackson

Dallas wins the lottery. Gets a bunch of talent, and 12 mil in exprirings, all just to take Jax off of our hands.

There it is. I am NOT a closet Mavericks fan.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:42 pm
fine wrote:Praise me! I have a trade idea:

GSW, Utah, and Mavs Three Way

GSW
trades away: Jackson, Monta
receives: Josh Howard, Dallas expirings (some combo of S. Williams, Humphries, Barrea, Buckner)

If the team is looking to open up PT for Curry, and want to please Jax's trade demand, this trade would turn their 18 mil. worth of contract into 18 mil of expirings. Add in Law, Speedy, maybe Buike, and we're looking at ~25 mil gone after 09-10.

Utah
trades away: Boozer
receives: Monta

Utah isn't going to keep boozer, and are looking to deal him. Monta would be an ideal fit next to D-Will. Deal saves them ~1 mil. (Would be nice if more talent can somehow get into Utah's side of the deal. 4th team?)

Dallas
trades away : Josh Howard, a bunch of expirers
receives: Boozer, Jackson

Dallas wins the lottery. Gets a bunch of talent, and 12 mil in exprirings, all just to take Jax off of our hands.

There it is. I am NOT a closet Mavericks fan.

in a word... huh?

no wait I got to add more. you want to essentially give jax AND MONTA for cap-space? Trading monta for an expiring contract is really, really dumb
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:08 am
Got one

Kapono for Jackson. I think that's pretty realistic. Philly could put him at the two with Iguodala as the other swingman.

EDIT--- Kapono signed a four year deal in sum 2007 why the Fvck does ESPN keep reporting players contracts a year shorter than they actually are (same with dampier and a few others)?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:10 pm
OK I got a new one, think Portland would go for it?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lt34ex

I call it: "extension for extension"

it's a two part trade, because George can only be traded by himself

PART 1
Portland:
Sends: Webster (who just signed a four year extension in october) and Outlaw to Golden State, Second round draft pick to Minnesota
Recieves:
Jackson (who just signed a three year extension) and Darius Songalia

GSW
Sends:
Jackson and Claxton
Recieves:
Webster and Outlaw

Minnesota:
Sends:
Darious Songalia
Receives:
Claxton from GSW, and a second round draft pick from Portland

PART 2
Devean George and cash to Portland
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nqmkln

Depth:
Monta / Curry / Watson / Law
Webster or Azubuike / Morrow
Maggette or Azubuike or Webster (all duke it out for starting position)
Randolph / Wrigh / Outlaw (gone in a year)
Biedrins / Turiaf / Moore

reasoning:

- Portland desperately needs a descent back-up. don't know too much about songalia, but he put up descent numbers so he might work.
- Minn. gets more cap room, even their owner admits, they are in extreme rebuilding mode - why not gain an extra 5M in cap room next year (Songalia has a player option next year and with the lowered cap, I bet he won't test free agency)
- I know portland likes batum, he got to show his **** last year because webster got injured. now maybe that four year extension isn't as great as they thought it was? If azu decides to jet, I think Web could adequately fill his shoes. btw he is a SG in a 6'7" SF's body, does that sound familar (only he's worth 4M a year instead of 7M)?
- Webster, shooter. Morrow, shooter. Azubuike, shooter. Watson shooter. I think we have a good set of shooting guards.
- Outlaw is on the trading block and he is an expiring too. might even be able to deal him for someone good come trade deadline time.
- George goes to Portland for free basically. they get a one year vet SF/PF to give them that little "ummph" in the play-offs.
-jack goes to a contender. along with Miller, Roy, Aldridge and Oden, I don't see how he can be unhappy.
- Songalia is just trade fodder, I doubt they really want to keep him.

Portland's depth:
Miller / Blake / Bayless
Roy / Fernandez
Jackson / Batum / George (w/cash)
Aldridge / Songalia
Oden / Pyrizbila

Minnesoter's depth:
Flynn / Loser
Loser / Loser / Loser
Loser / Loser
Kevin Love / Loser / Loser
Al Jefferson / Loser / Loser
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:02 am
nevermind that, songalia was traded yesterday or the day before.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:23 pm
real GM wrote:Sep 23, 2009 5:31 PM EST

Mark Blount will stay away from training camp after the Wolves gave his agent permission to seek a trade.

Blount, acquired from Miami in mid-August for Quentin Richardson, is due to make $7.962,500 this season in the last year of his six-year, $42 million contract. But with Minnesota in full rebuilding mode, general manager David Kahn told ESPN.com Wednesday that the club has given Blount's agent, Mark Bartlestein, permission to seek out a trade.

hmmm..........

Mr. Bartlestein can I introduce you to Mr. Riley?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:02 am
first off wrote:
real GM wrote:Sep 23, 2009 5:31 PM EST

Mark Blount will stay away from training camp after the Wolves gave his agent permission to seek a trade.

Blount, acquired from Miami in mid-August for Quentin Richardson, is due to make $7.962,500 this season in the last year of his six-year, $42 million contract. But with Minnesota in full rebuilding mode, general manager David Kahn told ESPN.com Wednesday that the club has given Blount's agent, Mark Bartlestein, permission to seek out a trade.

hmmm..........

Mr. Bartlestein can I introduce you to Mr. Riley?

lol

keen

Role Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:25 pm
I had one somewhere but it was essentially

Ellis/Jackson to the Mavs

Terry/Josh Howard/Wright to the Suns

JRich/Amare to the Warriors

I think the worst move the Warriors can do is trade S Jax for a non-expiring 2nd rate player. S Jax provides a lot for this team. We can't say he's gonna disrupt chemistry because the Warriors chemistry post-Baron is pretty shi--y. So a few options-

a) trade him + Ellis/Wright for a STAR
b) trade him for an expirer so we can sign a STAR next FA period
c) keep him and tell him to do his job, trade Ellis for better talent

I definitely don't wanna trade S Jax unless it means getting a star or equivalent impact player (at some point) back in return.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:56 pm
GSW2006 wrote:I had one somewhere but it was essentially

Ellis/Jackson to the Mavs

Terry/Josh Howard/Wright to the Suns

JRich/Amare to the Warriors

That's a good trade for all teams actually, not sure if it works salary wise

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:21 am
i still think the further and longer this mess drags on, the harder we are going to get reamed in any Jackson trade
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:46 pm
Quazza wrote:i still think the further and longer this mess drags on, the harder we are going to get reamed in any Jackson trade
:cheers: :withstupid: =D> :D :hello1: :headbang: :salute:
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:12 am
Dampier is signed for this season at 12 million, but his contract for next season is not guaranteed. Trading SJack for Dampier, more likely during the season nearing the trade deadline, is possible, especially if the Mavs are an 5th to 8th seed, looking to get the player that can make them a top team. SJack has experience and can stepup, as he did against the Mavs in the 1st round a couple of years ago.

12 million dollar expirer would be awesome, about as good as it can get

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Trades