MLB Playoffs

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:01 pm
Go Cardinals!! :D :D Beat LA!!!

that is all.... :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Moderator
Posts: 5311
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:16 pm
Jackattack wrote:Go Cardinals!! :D :D Beat LA!!!

that is all.... :mrgreen:


:D :D

anything with beat LA deserves praise.

Role Player
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:15 am
Location: Australia
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:02 pm
Cardinals have got some great pitchers in Carpenter and Wainwright, and some great bats in Holliday, Pujols and Ludwick. They should beat the Dodgers.

I like Philly over Colorado, Yanks over Twins, and Red Sox over Angels.

From there, I see Philly over Cards, Yanks over Red Sox.

Philly to repeat as World Champs. They have a great batting line-up, and really good pitching, although their bullpen is a little suspect.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:18 pm
Hey aussie, you followed MLB?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:15 am
Location: Australia
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:55 pm
Hey Xbay

I played in a 14-player fantasy baseball comp this season. First time I've ever followed it, but I got really really into it. Ended up winning too :-o

I have followed this current MLB season extremely closely, basically daily. And I've also looked up a lot of the major happenings and highlights from past seasons, just to be able to put things in perspective, get a feel and respect for the history of the game, and the various franchises.

I do read the Giants thread on here too. I was rooting for them to grab the wildcard, but their bats left a lot to be desired, particularly down the stretch. It would have been good to see Lincecum pitch in a play-off atmosphere.

I'll be following the play-offs very closely. I'm rooting for Philly, but only cause I chucked money on them ages ago to win :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:42 am
That's awesome.

Yeah, we just had a league here, too. It was only 8 teams, though. I'm rooting for the Cards, just cause they're playing the Dodgers. If they beat 'em, I'll be rooting for them again if the Rockies win or I'll be rooting for the Phillies if the Cards win. Basically, Phillies all the way for me. But if their pitching staff can't get it together, particularly their bullpen *cough cough* Brad Lidge, then they'll be in trouble.

Following the AL? Who you got?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5850
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:25 am
Hey Xbay i went to my first game of baseball against the Houston Rangers at the "Green Hole" -it definately ain't a blackhole when the A's are playing :mrgreen:

It was cool and i almost caught a homerun ball (some chick in the row in front of me ended up getting it)

Anyways the homerun ball ended up being a rookie batsman from the minor leagues who hit his first ever homerun... some security officers and stadium officials came direct from over the dugouts & wanted to speak to the balls owner about negotiating the sentimental ball transfer to the hitter...

Anyways at the end of the day she didn't want to swap the ball, she may have asked for a thousand dollars or perhaps two thousand dollars (Not her directly but a guy in the same seating section who came for the meetup to make sure she didn't get screwed into taking a baseball signed by the rookie..

Next thing you know... on the web 2 days later.. The media had blown the story out of proportion and said the fan had asked for $10,000... it was a crock of **** & most disappointing bit about it all was they acknowledge her as a he. (she was kind of dyke looking)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:04 pm
I think the Cards can take LA and Philly. It's the Yanks that concern me.
I'd like to see the Angels surprise everyone in the AL... and boo Boston.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:11 pm
Jackattack wrote:I think the Cards can take LA and Philly. It's the Yanks that concern me.
I'd like to see the Angels surprise everyone in the AL... and boo Boston.


Im in a survivor league from MLB.com, I won my normal league and have to pick 1 winner every day throughout the playoffs. Today Im going with the Cards. Come on Chris Carpenter!!
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:17 pm
Carp is tough!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

Role Player
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:15 am
Location: Australia
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:53 pm
In the AL

You gotta think the Yanks will sweep the Twins. I don't think the pitching staff of the Yankees is that good, but they do have Rivera, and I think Joba is better off in the bullpen. Phil Hughes is good too. But it's their batting line-up that will get the job done. I know they traditionally choke in October, but this year seems different.

With the Red Sox-Angels series, it's a tough one. Angels usually own Boston during the regular season, then get owned by them in the play-offs. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one go five games. Both teams have fairly solid rotations, plus reliable bats. But, ultimately, I'm going with the Red Sox. I think it's just destiny that they will reunite against the Yankees in the post-season for the first time since 2004 :-o
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:47 pm
So you're saying...

Yanks/Red Sox.
Phillies/Cards.

You know what would of been awesome, is if the Giants/Dodgers faced off in the NLCS. That would mean two of the best rivalries in all of sports would of gone down. And if the Yanks win their series, it'd set up a visit from either of the former New York Giants or Brooklyn Dodgers. I really think that may get a lot of attention in terms of ratings wise and all that jazz.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
Posts: 420
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:15 am
Location: Australia
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:50 pm
xbay wrote:So you're saying...

Yanks/Red Sox.
Phillies/Cards.

You know what would of been awesome, is if the Giants/Dodgers faced off in the NLCS. That would mean two of the best rivalries in all of sports would of gone down. And if the Yanks win their series, it'd set up a visit from either of the former New York Giants or Brooklyn Dodgers. I really think that may get a lot of attention in terms of ratings wise and all that jazz.


I do like all the little side stories that get brought up during the play-offs.

Dodgers vs Yanks in the World Series would be pretty crazy, especially with that Joe Torrie factor.

But yeah, Phils over Cards in the NL. Cliff Lee was awesome today. I've always been a fan of him.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:32 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote:
xbay wrote:So you're saying...

Yanks/Red Sox.
Phillies/Cards.

You know what would of been awesome, is if the Giants/Dodgers faced off in the NLCS. That would mean two of the best rivalries in all of sports would of gone down. And if the Yanks win their series, it'd set up a visit from either of the former New York Giants or Brooklyn Dodgers. I really think that may get a lot of attention in terms of ratings wise and all that jazz.


I do like all the little side stories that get brought up during the play-offs.

Dodgers vs Yanks in the World Series would be pretty crazy, especially with that Joe Torrie factor.

But yeah, Phils over Cards in the NL. Cliff Lee was awesome today. I've always been a fan of him.


I really think if the Phils have to rely on their pen, they could lose the game. So that's putting a lot of pressure on their pitching staff to close it out without using relievers. Hopefully that's changed, cause I really want the Phils to represent the NL since the other three teams I just cannot root for.

I get this feeling though that it'll be the Cards and Yanks in the Fall Classic.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2347
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Sucka Free City
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:57 pm
xbay wrote:
aussiebiedrins wrote:
xbay wrote:So you're saying...

Yanks/Red Sox.
Phillies/Cards.

You know what would of been awesome, is if the Giants/Dodgers faced off in the NLCS. That would mean two of the best rivalries in all of sports would of gone down. And if the Yanks win their series, it'd set up a visit from either of the former New York Giants or Brooklyn Dodgers. I really think that may get a lot of attention in terms of ratings wise and all that jazz.


I do like all the little side stories that get brought up during the play-offs.

Dodgers vs Yanks in the World Series would be pretty crazy, especially with that Joe Torrie factor.

But yeah, Phils over Cards in the NL. Cliff Lee was awesome today. I've always been a fan of him.


I really think if the Phils have to rely on their pen, they could lose the game. So that's putting a lot of pressure on their pitching staff to close it out without using relievers. Hopefully that's changed, cause I really want the Phils to represent the NL since the other three teams I just cannot root for.

I get this feeling though that it'll be the Cards and Yanks in the Fall Classic.


I like that feeling!!! :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Next

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron