YES :-)
89%
NO :-(
11%

Total votes : 9

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:16 am
12-4 this week for me....why did I pick the Raiders?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:20 pm
"Always" Next wrote:12-4 this week for me....why did I pick the Raiders?

ditto
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:17 pm
Congrats to aussiebiedrins for going 13-3 this week jumping into first place.

JREED23, where are you? 0-16 once again because you did not post your picks. I haven't seen you on the board. If you do not post them up this week, I'll have to take you out of the league.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:52 pm
Don't delete lreed . That means i'm last spot
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:15 pm
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:Don't delete lreed . That means i'm last spot

:mrgreen: What?! Why not? You could use it as a boost in confidence. Go 14-0 next week!

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:37 am
Week 4 picks!

Detroit at Chicago

Just because the Lions have finally gotten a win, doesn't mean they are going to start a winning streak. Chicago will be too good at home here, with Cutler starting to look particularly dangerous.

Cincinnati at Cleveland

The Browns have swapped quarterbacks and may lift, but I really like the Bengals defense. I believe games between these two teams are traditionally very high scoring, so if that's the case, I think Benson and Palmer and Ocho Cinco will be superior to Anderson, Lewis and Edwards. Bengals should be 4-0 after this game.

Oakland at Houston

Sorry Raiders fan, but your team is in deep trouble. They have nothing going for them. The Texans have a terrible defense, but Oakland won't be able to put points on the board. I think Slaton finally has a big game here.

Seattle at Indianapolis

Payton Manning is a machine. Meanwhile, the Seahawks seem to be getting more banged up every week. I think Indiana could win by at least two touchdowns.

Tennesse at Jacksonville

Last week I said that I refused to believe that the Titans would be 0-3, so I'm definitely saying that I can't seem them being 0-4. They're too good, in my opinion to lose four straight. MJD is good, but he can't win games by himself every week.

New York Giants at Kansas City

Even though the Giants have only beaten some ordinary teams, they're still undefeated, and have solid play on offense and defense. The Chiefs are hopeless, and will probably give up a lot of points in this game. At least 30+

Baltimore at New England

The Ravens are the best team in the league at this point in the season. There, I said it. They will be too good for the Patriots, even at home, although I expect it to be pretty close, most likely decided by a field goal.

Tampa Bay at Washington

Urgh! I guess someone has to win (although don't rule out an 0-0 draw), but I will go with the home team here. Tampa don't seem to be able to defend the pass at all, and Campbell has been putting up some decent numbers so far this season.

Buffalo at Miami

The Dolphins lost their starting quarterback, but they're at home, and I think they're too good to lose four in a row. Edwards and Owens aren't on the same page at all, and even with Lynch back, the Bills will fall short, most likely by a touchdown.

New York Jets at New Orleans

The best offensive team in the league verse the best defensive team in the league? I'm going with Drew Brees and company. I still think the Jets are pretenders. Win this one though, and I might change my mind.

Dallas at Denver

I don't think Denver are being given enough credit, even if they've only beaten crappy teams. Their defense is pretty good. However, I look for Romo to put up some big numbers, and the 'boys to hand the Broncos their first loss of the season.

St Louis at San Francisco

The 49ers lost Gore, but their defense is pretty good, and they were desperately unlucky to lose to the Vikings last week. Plain and simple, the Rams suck! Poor Steven Jackson...

San Diego at Pittsburgh

I hate Pittsburgh, but they're not losing three in a row, especially when they're at home. I think it will be fairly close, but the Chargers seem to struggle to be putting points on the board this season.

Green Bay at Minnesota

Oooh, the long-awaited grudge match! I guess it won't be as big as Favre's return to Lambeau field, but still, should be good. As long as Favre doesn't try to do everything himself, the Vikings should get up. Just give the ball to Adrian Peterson! I think he ran for 180 yards in one game against the Packers last season.

Anyway, hopefully I'll still be on top of the ladder after this week :)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:20 am
Detroit at Chicago

Lions showed some heart... against an even more crap team. But hey, at least they're better than last year. They come back to Earth this week.

Cincinnati at Cleveland

The Browns are full of issues. Cincy, however, has seemed to solve theirs.

Oakland at Houston

If the Texans let DMC and Bush look like MJD, they lose. I think they'll get their numbers, but the Texans will still win.

Seattle at Indianapolis

Manning has returned to... winning form. Without key starters on defense, he carries a load on offense, and doesn't let down.

Tennesse at Jacksonville

The Titans actually have a good match up. The Jags' defense is slacking. Gage or any of the Titans WRs could have a big impact here.

The Giants have looked good and it looks like they'll get a bye week this week... or I mean, have fun.

Baltimore at New England

Man... it could either way, but I really like the Ravens right now.

Tampa Bay at Washington

Yikes... uh, I'll just take the Redskins here just cause Zorn's job is on the line.

Buffalo at Miami

I think with the Dolphins at home... they take it. But it'll be tough without a real QB at helm.

Great match up. This could either show one team's a fluke or that both teams are legit as seen.

Dallas at Denver

Denver still doesn't impress me at 3-0. They've played baby teams... now on to the cream of the crop.

Hmm... even without Gore, we shouldn't lose.

San Diego at Pittsburgh

You think they miss Troy Palumalu?

Green Bay at Minnesota

This one should interest some, but it's not until the game AT Green Bay is when people will seriously pay attention.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:21 am
My special, unique picks this week are...

EXACTLY like our first place man! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:29 am
Week 4 picks!

Detroit at Chicago

Detroit ain't a 0-16 team anymore. More like a 2-14 or 3-13 team. And Chicago, while not a true contender due to the lack of playmakers at WR and Urlacher's injury, still has enough to fight for the playoffs. Do the math.

Cincinnati at Cleveland

Derek Anderson to start for Cleveland. Guess that means Cincy's INTs will take place 30 yards down the fiels instead of 10.

Oh, and even if they're only facing the lowly Browns, this game is key for Cincy. They have to prove they're able to beat the bad teams as well if we're going to consider them as a legit playoff contender.

Oakland at Houston

I expect a big game from DMC... and another stinker by JaMarcus. This game couldn't possible come at a better time for Houston.

Seattle at Indianapolis

I just wonder if Seattle will have enough healthy bodies to play this game...

But hey, Bada, look at it in a positive way, your team is still loaded at many positions and a season with so many injuries gives them the chance to get a high draft pick and, possibly, Hasselbeck's long term replacement.

Tennesse at Jacksonville

I honestly don't know what to think of this one. Really. The Titan's passing game is as awful as it ever was, the D is pretty average (and, sometimes, like against the Texans, plain awful) and their running game still has to show up.

As for Jacksonville... well, if you stop MJD, you've already won the game. And they won't face the Texans and his NFL-worst run defense.

The Giants and Jets are playing the best D in the league at the moment. Not looking good for KC.

Baltimore at New England

The Ravens D, while good, is not what it once was. At least, I'm not as sold on them as I was last year... of course, the offense is better than ever, and that's enough to make them a contender for everything.

I think NE will force Flacco to beat them with the passing game, putting as many people as possible in the box to stop Rice and McGahee. So it becomes a Flacco vs Brady game, and I'll take the former MVP... for now.

With that said... GO RAVENS!!! (yeah, I've picked the Pats, but I'll definitely root for the Ravens. Just don't think this will be their game).

Tampa Bay at Washington

Both need to win. But our d-line is non-existant and we can't create any kind of pressure on the QB (or stop the run, for that matter). And Josh Johnson is gonna get his first NFL start. On the road. Against a very good D.

It's gonna be FUGLY!!!

Buffalo at Miami

Buffalo never plays well at Florida. Never. I don't know if it's the heat or what, but they always suck.

Oh, and the Dolphins run D is still among the NFL best.

Game of the week. Seriously, can't wait to watch this beauty. Best offense of the league vs best D of the league. The Saints D is pretty decent as well (not on yardage, but they seem to always find a way to create turnovers), so it's gonna be a good test for Sanchez.

For now, let's go with the home team.

Dallas at Denver

Denver's D is pretty good... and I've got a very weird feeling regarding the Cowboys. I think they're gonna lose in a very close game... and it won't be the last time something like that happens this season.

Coffe for everyone!!!

San Diego at Pittsburgh

Tomlin is pissed at everybody in the Steelers, particularly Mendenhall and Sweed. I don't see them losing this one after what they're going through this week.

Green Bay at Minnesota

Sadly for Green Bey (oh, sorry, that's the Raiders rookie... I meant Green Bay :mrgreen: ), their o-line can't protect anybody. The Vikings D will have a field day pressuring Rodgers all over the field.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:28 am
Detroit at Chicago 1:00 PM Soldier Field

Jay Cutler should have a big fantasy day... Allthough he needs to hook up with Matt Forte on checkdown screen passes when the BEARS Soldier march into the LIONS Defense.. Matt Forte has been a big fantasy letdown... the least Cutler could do is help out all those people who drafted Forte early and believed this kid had no ceiling.

Cincinnati at Cleveland 1:00 PM Cleveland Browns Stadium

Cincinatti will be walking in a OHIO PARK... I think Ocho Cinco has got some clever dances up his sleeve for this weekend... Perhaps a Mid Season LEAGUE Fine is in order Monday Morning for this embarrasing BROWN LOSS and CHAD JOHNSON Amazing Ridiculing TD Dance.

Seattle at Indianapolis 1:00 PM Lucas Oil Stadium

This is my upset pick of the week... INDYS run DEFENSE is Suspect when Dwight Feeney is out nursing a injury... To compound the fact that Edgarin James is returning home... I think Seana Wallace and Seatle SuperSeaHawks will Supersonic rush there way to a victory.

NY Giants at Kansas City 1:00 PM Arrowhead Stadium

When Payton Manning loses victory one of the season, he's brother doesn't miss a beat with a rolling New York Juggernaut taking down the cannon fodder of the AFC WEST,

Baltimore at New England 1:00 PM Gillette Stadium

Baltimore is the best team in the league... But it's scary thinking how much of a trainwreck the season could of been if Derrick Mason had stayed retired especially with Rex Ryan taking up a AFC EAST Residency in the big city.

Tampa Bay at Washington 1:00 PM FedEx Field

Jason Campbell and Clinton Portis have big days at the Office.. No More TAMPA 2 DEFENCE... It's now just add 2 Digits to the end of the POINTS TALLY BLOWOUT. Tampa gets shut out today.

Tennessee at Jacksonville 1:00 PM Jacksonville Stadium

I'm predicting the first draw of the season... I know the draw doesn't happen often but this is me trying to rebound back off the bottom of the table with the award

{It's 3 points for the draw correct XBAY?}

Oakland at Houston 1:00 PM Reliant Stadium

The Raiders downfall was donning the black in that hot ass game.
I think the RAIDERS will play really good in the games that are indoors and whenever they wear that white uniforms..Until the temperature plunges in the EAST BAY (or until Al Davis builds a dome so he's boys don't have to play in the hot ass September heat) i see this raiders team struggling at the start of the season until the weather coolens.

NY Jets at New Orleans 4:05 PM Superdome

Drew Brees and his running game will be too much for REX to handle and this NAWLEANS DEFENCE may just provide Mark Sanchez with his first taste of what a good defense looks like.

Buffalo at Miami 4:05 PM CBS Land Shark Stadium

Like XBAY pointed out Buffalo doesn't play in many warm weather games and getting the Dolphins early in on the year makes for it to be a troubling day for the BILLS in the heat. But i just feel BUFFALO is well rested. They got Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch which is a very nice running back by committee and the fact that Trent Edwards has big target guys talent in Lee Evans and T.O on the outside.. this definately equates to the BILLS win this hitout

St. Louis at San Francisco 4:15 PM Candlestick Park

Frank Gore might just become an afterthought... Glen Coffee stepped up in the preseason. .. Grabs the reigns and takes this team to 3-1 as they chase down there division title early.

Dallas at Denver 4:15 PM Invesco Field at Mile High

The Cowboys tame the Horse... Heath Ledger might not be around (Jay Cutler) but Tony HOMOROMO Gyllenhall is still the baddest cowboy in the Quntry...

San Diego at Pittsburgh 8:20 PM Heinz Field

LT returns... But Philip Rivers might just tear up a Troy Polomalu empty backfield.. i say Pittsburgh gets the W.

MONDAY

Green Bay at Minnesota 8:30 PM Metrodome

Brad Childress would be wise to put the ball in the hands of Adrien Peterson hand and don't let Brett Favre get competitive going up against Harris and Woodson his former PACKERS Teammates who might just cost FAVRE the Game.

Aaron Rodgers key to winning the game is to win the cointoss and go out and score the first touchdown... If THE PACKERS go up scoring in the first half and The VYKS are forced to chase a big lead then Brett Favre might just turn a whole city on his own sword... cause the PACKERS Secondary is brutal
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:37 pm
If they do draw Pawno, I'll put that as a win. But if it isn't a draw, it's a loss.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:02 pm
week 4.....it's time to put my name on the top of the list...

Bears.....Lions improved a little bit last week but still not a match up for the Bears

Brown....B.Edward will showing his talent for this one...

RAIDERS....Chaz and walker will provide the answer why J-Russ are looks bad these couple weeks.....last year result will repeat.

Colts...no brainers pick

Titans....just my feelings Titans will win

Giants.....Noone can save K.C this season

Patriots....Ravens are strong but homefield help NE win the game

Redskins....Tampa Bay still have a lot of things to fix

Bills....Miami are just a house cat now....

Saints....Best D with Best O....my philosophy is Best O = Best D...
just attack and attack....

Cowboys.....win by FG

Niners....St. Louis just like KC will have the top 3 picks next year

Steelers....too strong for Charger to handle, unless they are Raiders... :D :D :D

Vikings...AP go for Beast Mode

Oke...Just Win...Babe....

[/b]
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:22 pm
Detroit at Chicago 1:00 PM Soldier Field

Bears eek one out against the Lions

Cincinnati at Cleveland 1:00 PM Cleveland Browns Stadium

Cleveland thought they had two good quarterbacks, which means of course you don't have one.

Seattle at Indianapolis 1:00 PM Lucas Oil Stadium

Seattle is just too banged up to keep up with Mannings boys.

NY Giants at Kansas City 1:00 PM Arrowhead Stadium

Chiefs are god awful

Baltimore at New England 1:00 PM Gillette Stadium

It'll be nice to see the Pats get beat up

Tampa Bay at Washington 1:00 PM FedEx Field

Washington was embarrassed last week, and they are better than the Bucs

Tennessee at Jacksonville 1:00 PM Jacksonville Stadium

can't see the titans being 0-4

Oakland at Houston 1:00 PM Reliant Stadium

I see the Raiders getting worse every week

NY Jets at New Orleans 4:05 PM Superdome

Jets can't stop the saints

Buffalo at Miami 4:05 PM CBS Land Shark Stadium

this is a toss up and miami has burned me a couple times

St. Louis at San Francisco 4:15 PM Candlestick Park

if nolan was the coach i'd be worried about a letdown. can't see singletary letting that happen.
Dallas at Denver 4:15 PM Invesco Field at Mile High

battle of pretenders if you ask me. But the broncos D looks legit. See what happens when you don't let nolan implement the "Big Nickel"

San Diego at Pittsburgh 8:20 PM Heinz Field

Pittsburgh grinds one out to get back on track
MONDAY

Green Bay at Minnesota 8:30 PM Metrodome

Minnesota just looks consistently better and they are at home.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:40 pm
Detroit at Chicago

Cincinnati at Cleveland

Seattle at Indianapolis

NY Giants at Kansas City

Baltimore at New England

Tampa Bay at Washington

Tennessee at Jacksonville

Oakland at Houston

NY Jets at New Orleans

Buffalo at Miami

St. Louis at San Francisco

Dallas at Denver

San Diego at Pittsburgh

Green Bay at Minnesota
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:02 pm
My Picks are exactly like Robs... besides the Buffalo-Miami game, the picks are identical to xbay and aussie. All of us, more or less, are very close with our picks... so no one should be moving up or down too much.

Detroit at Chicago

Cincinnati at Cleveland

Seattle at Indianapolis

NY Giants at Kansas City

Baltimore at New England

Tampa Bay at Washington-

Tennessee at Jacksonville

Oakland at Houston

NY Jets at New Orleans

Buffalo at Miami

St. Louis at San Francisco

Dallas at Denver