2009 GStW.com Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:16 am
F*ck. The same week I pick up Kenny Phillips to help my D, he gets to IR and I have to cut him.

Seems like the TMC curse doesn't affect only QBs. :banghead:

Ok, another trade, although I minor one: I get Mark Clayton for Jacoby Jones.

I think Clayton is more reliable and will see a few more targets than Jones (Jones had a big game last weekend, but it was against a Titans D that played like sh*t and with Kewin Walter out, and Walter's gonna come back this week).

Clayton, on the other side, it's a starter for the Ravens (and should reap the benefits of the Flaccogate). As I said, he's probably more reliable and less of a big play threat.

Toughts? (Cue Flaccogate in here saying that if Clayton gets more yards and TDs than Jones, I win and if it happens the other way around, I lose) :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:37 am
Looks like my season could be over in this league. Frank Gore is hurt, and I'm not sure how long he'll be out, but even then... my next best running back is Fred Jackson. I have Jackson, Willie Parker, and I'm going to pick up Glen Coffee.

Not good...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:42 pm
So one of the guys offered me Knowshon Moreno, Brian Westbrook, and Ben Roesthlenbergereosolinsdglonsd for Drew Brees, Frank Gore, and Mario Manningham.

Now, I said I was willing to give up Brees, and I'll be honest, I don't have the greatest mind when it comes to accepting and denying certain trades. Any opinions?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:58 pm
xbay wrote:So one of the guys offered me Knowshon Moreno, Brian Westbrook, and Ben Roesthlenbergereosolinsdglonsd for Drew Brees, Frank Gore, and Mario Manningham.

Now, I said I was willing to give up Brees, and I'll be honest, I don't have the greatest mind when it comes to accepting and denying certain trades. Any opinions?

Don't do it. Best case scenario, your team doesn't lose a beat. And you only should trade to improve, right?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:57 am
xbay wrote:So one of the guys offered me Knowshon Moreno, Brian Westbrook, and Ben Roesthlenbergereosolinsdglonsd for Drew Brees, Frank Gore, and Mario Manningham.

I know my brother offered you a trade yesterday... i am pretty sure he has westbook, so that must be him. I low-balled offer you mainly because you have flacco already, so bree's value is less based on who you have. I believe trades are even not necessarly based on value, but how even it stings for both sides.

so, to answer your question, i dunno. your call.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:53 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

I know my brother offered you a trade yesterday... i am pretty sure he has westbook, so that must be him. I low-balled offer you mainly because you have flacco already, so bree's value is less based on who you have. I believe trades are even not necessarly based on value, but how even it stings for both sides.

so, to answer your question, i dunno. your call.

I feel like I panicked since Gore went down. And with my situation at running back, I felt I needed running backs. I put Brees on the market just like that. The offer tempted me, but then I lose two top ten players. I'm just going to wait and see what's the status on Gore, then I'll see what to do from there.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:18 pm
xbay wrote:I feel like I panicked since Gore went down. And with my situation at running back, I felt I needed running backs. I put Brees on the market just like that. The offer tempted me, but then I lose two top ten players. I'm just going to wait and see what's the status on Gore, then I'll see what to do from there.

Last I've heard, he's expected to miss the next two Niners games, but he'll be back after that. It could have been much worse, XBay.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:27 pm
drew brees and wes walker hurt you yesterday XBAY!!!

But that being said if those guys were playing and i hadnt discussed my lineup with ozbeans (start of the week for us was Cedric Benson against Steelers)

you might of won.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:05 pm
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:drew brees and wes walker hurt you yesterday XBAY!!!

But that being said if those guys were playing and i hadnt discussed my lineup with ozbeans (start of the week for us was Cedric Benson against Steelers)

you might of won.

As TMC said, had Drew Brees not pulled a Kyle Boller, I think I would of been in position to win. Lots of things went wrong, like Gore going one and done, Welker not doing anything.

My QB/WR/RB combo failed me.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:13 pm
xbay wrote:

you might of won.

As TMC said, had Drew Brees not pulled a Kyle Boller, I think I would of been in position to win. Lots of things went wrong, like Gore going one and done, Welker not doing anything.

yeah but your 3 n 0 in the main league (GSW DEATHMATCH)...

allthough it must hurt losing to pawno's team in Mr Crackerz divisional league. dont know if it's rivalry week but i'm just glad i got the W to get my year back on track.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:00 am
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:
xbay wrote:

you might of won.

yeah but your 3 n 0 in the main league (GSW DEATHMATCH)...

allthough it must hurt losing to pawno's team in Mr Crackerz divisional league. dont know if it's rivalry week but i'm just glad i got the W to get my year back on track.

It hurts in general cause my team is slackin'. My RB depth is pretty weak... Willie Parker, Fred Jackson, Michael Bush, and hopefully Glen Coffee.

I'm upset with that team, but I'm absolutely loving my team in your league... not only cause I'm 3-0, but cause Flaccogate defeated TMC! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:31 am
My friend offered me Kyle Orton and Pierre Thomas for Steve Smith(NYG) and Ray Rice. What you guys think?

I have Aaron Rodgers, Matt Hasselbeck, and Kerry Collins at QB.
I have Santonio Holmes, Steve Smith(NYG), Bernard Berrian, Roddy White, and Justin Gage at WR.
I have Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, and Felix Jones at RB.

I'm 4-0 in a 16 team league.

Would you guys go for it?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:53 am
xbay wrote:My friend offered me Kyle Orton and Pierre Thomas for Steve Smith(NYG) and Ray Rice. What you guys think?

I have Aaron Rodgers, Matt Hasselbeck, and Kerry Collins at QB.
I have Santonio Holmes, Steve Smith(NYG), Bernard Berrian, Roddy White, and Justin Gage at WR.
I have Adrian Peterson, Ray Rice, and Felix Jones at RB.

I'm 4-0 in a 16 team league.

Would you guys go for it?

No. If you lose Steve Smith, you better get a decent replacement for him at WR. And you're pretty good at this point at RB, no glaring need for Pierre Thomas. I'd pass.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:14 am
Monday Night Fantasy Football Kanundrum. After a burning hot streak fantasy football roll. The South Pacific Crush have rolled into the feature game of the week with McRitz and are down 5 fantasy points with only Santana Moss to play. CRACKERz unfortunately only has Jeremy Maclin left on monday night with some injury wildcards that favours Pawno and Ozbeans team. WITH KEY INJURY 2 ALBERT HAYNESWORTH it means the Eagles are likely to attack up the middle. Last time i checked Maclin doesn't play RB. Another advantage is how good Philadelphia D is. If the Eagles get a few stops early in the game n go up big on the scoreboard then this forces Jason Campbell to throw and he's most consistant target this season has easily been Santana Moss. Obviously a x factor favoring Crackerz is that Deangelo Hall is the opposing corner. But i think Jim Zorn knows That jeremy Maclin is the fastest guy on that Eagles team n will stick DeAngelo on Desean Jackson. I believe if passing touchdowns happens. It's to DeSean or the Phila TE Clerk. I'm confidently happy that me n Beans will beat Mr Crackerz
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:55 pm
Suddenly, my team has got into a hot streak. What's that about to be, 3 straight wins I think? After starting the season 1-3, I could become 4-3. Awesome turnaround. That trade for Ricky Williams and Ryan Grant helped out. So thanks to TMC and the other guy.

I'm on a hot streak right now, hope to keep it up!!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum