SUnday, Sept 27
Browns at Ravens
- Despite the Flaccogate (
), the Ravens have a field day over the Browns. As for the Browns, Mangini's players start to openly quit on him, forcing the franchise to start rebuilding (once again) after the season.
at Buccaneers - Steve Smith and Manningham might reach 200 yards each against our secondary.
On second thought, Jacobs and Brahshaw might surpass 100 yards each against our d-line as well.
Let's leave at some middle ground and say we lose by 20.
Jaguars at Texans
- The Jags D ain't that bad, but their offense sucks. Unless the Texans lay an egg again, this should be one of their easiest wins of the season.
Falcons at Patriots
- I don't really trust the unproven Falcons secondary to stop Brady and Randy Moss. The Falcons have a chance, tho, but I'll still go with the home team here.
at Rams - The Packers blew it last weekend against the Bengals, so they should feel lucky about having the Rams this week. If they lose, their season might be over before it even started, tho, so it's a key game for them. I don't expect them to fail.
Chiefs at Eagles
- The Eagles are in trouble with so many injuries. Westbrook is banged up, McNabb is out, Jackson is also hurt... And let's not forget all the preseason and early season guys going into IR (Andrews, Bradley, Ingram).
Sadly for the Chiefs, the Eagles reserves are still much better than their starters.
Redskins at Lions
- The Redskins D is pretty good. A pity they have the worst offense of the NFL. And Zorn doesn't trust Campbell at all, which shows a lot near the end zone. Detroit finally wins a game to end the longest losing streak in league history.
49ers at Vikings
- AP, AP, AP, AP, AP...
Titans at Jets
- The Titans D was just awful last week against the Texans. Now, the Jets do not have as many weapons as Houston, but their D is much better. And they play at home.
at Bills - I wasn't impressed at all by the Bills D. And that's bad news when the Saints come to town.
at Seahawks - If Hasselbeck were healthy, I might change this pick, but I can't see the 'Hawks beating the Bears without him.
at Chargers - I've got a hunch about this game being the upset of the week. Jamal Williams going to IR is huge for the Chargers, and Merriman still doesn't know the season has already started. The Wildcat comes back in full glory against the Chargers this week.
Broncos at Raiders
- I can't believe I'm picking the Raiders... but the Broncos are one of the worst 2-0 teams I've ever seen.
at Bengals - So the Steelers lost at Chicago last week. Big deal. Time to get back on track against Cincy. Benson won't have much space to run, Palmer will be harassed often and the Bengals will have to wait for another chance to beat the Steelers.
Colts at Cardinals
- I don't trust the Colts at all, they can beat anybody but I don't trust them against good teams. Also, Warner was last season's Warner agains last week, and that's what the Cards need to win. It's a tough game to call, but I think the Cards will take it.
Monday , Sep. 28
Panthers at Cowboys
- The Panthers troubles go beyond Jake (not saying he isn't). That D is not what it once was. You just cannot win much with Jake at QB AND a bad D.