NO :-(
11%

Total votes : 9

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:54 pm
Week 2 Picks:

Carolina @ Atlanta

As long as Delhomme is there, they're not winning against teams superior than them.

St. Louis @ Washington

The Redskins have a great chance to finally win.

Houston @ Tennessee

The Titans let one slip away in Pitt, they won't let this one end the same.

New Orleans @ Philadelphia

As good as the Philly defense was last week, the Panthers passing offense was just awful. It's a whole different story when it comes to Drew Brees.

New England @ New York Jets

The Jets could fight and claw in this one, but the way Brady finished the game last week, I can't help but pick the Pats if this is a close battle.

Cincinatti @ Green Bay

Tough loss for the Bengals last week. Look for another this week.

Arizona @ Jacksonville

The passing game will take some time, but since they're playing on the road, this is the Jags' game.

Minnesota @ detroit

Look for either AP or Farve to have a break out game, or even both.

Oakland @ KC

Oakland caught my eye last week. And since they're playing a team still trying to figure things out, this is the Raiders' game.

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Tough loss on Monday night for the Bills. I see them bouncing back.

Seattle @San Francisco

Close game, it will come down to the wire. If we see the Niners D play the way they did last week, we should pull it out.

Pittsburgh @ Chicago

Cutler doesn't get a break as he faces just as tough of a defense as Green Bay in the Steelers.

Cleveland @ Denver

They're in Mile High, but just cause they'll go 2-0 doesn't mean they're all that good. Two wins against two sh*tty teams.

Baltimore @ San Diego

If the Chargers play the way they did last week, this should be easy for the Ravens.

NY Giants @ Dallas

Cowboys will open their first regular season home game in their new stadium with a win... but the defense needs to get to Eli Manning.

MONDAY NIGHT

Indianapolis @ Miami

If Miami loses the first couple games of the season, I won't dub them as a terrible team, just a good team going against more superior teams.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:39 am
SUN, SEP 20 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION

Carolina at Atlanta - ATLANTA... kind of hard seeing them lose at home all year

Minnesota at Detroit MINESOTA ... kind of hard seeing the LIONS win at home all year.

Cincinnati at Green Bay GREEN BAY - More passing zing this weekend with Carson Palmer coming into town. but i still think that Cincy gets troubled by this stout GREEN N GOLD D.. both on the run and pass

Houston at Tennessee TITANS .... Houston does have some pretty good ballers on the Offensive side of the ball... but i just dont see stuff clicking going up against one of the best D's Out there

Oakland at Kansas City RAIDERS ... Rivalry games are tough... but i saw enough from Oakland Running Game to go along with the arrival of Richard Seymour to say that this game is a GIMMIE.

New England at NY Jets PATRIOTS... Randy Moss is good for a double TD in this game.

New Orleans at Philadelphia EAGLES.... Nawleans is good, it's one thing running up a score on the LIONS but the EAGLES went to the NFC title game last year... simply put. this will be close

St. Louis at Washington REDSKINS ... long year to be had for the RAMS

Arizona at Jacksonville JAGUARS ... MJD is a beast

Tampa Bay at Buffalo BILLS ... Long year for Tampa Bay

Seattle at San Francisco SEAHAWKS ... i think the Seahawks win by 2 Touchdowns

Pittsburgh at Chicago STEELERS ... Brian Urchlacher injury is huge.. i dont see Chicago making any noise this season.

Baltimore at San Diego RAVENS ... its one thing dualing the raiders... its another thing going up against the RAVENS

Cleveland at Denver BRONCOES - Game of the weak

NY Giants at Dallas GIANTS... Eli needs to get his running game going

MON, SEP 21
Indianapolis at Miami COLTS......... I think Miami's wheels fall off this weekend.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:45 pm
Most Stanford, San Diego State or Sac State players- These are the three universities i root for in college sports. Why? I attended the latter two for a couple years each, as well as being raised in Palo Alto in my childhood, thus rooting for Stanford. SO, whatever team has the most players who played on either of these three universities get my pick. No matter what!!!

Note: tie breakers will be broken by including USC, which i consider my favorite BIG college team i root for. If a tie continues, i will just pick a damn team.

Carolina @ Atlanta 0 vs. 2... Will Szvick and Cory Wire

St. Louis @ Washington- 2 vs. 0... so here's for the upset.

Houston @ Tennessee- 1 vs. 0... i am not liking this start.

New Orleans @ Philadelphia- 2 vs. 1... Lynall Hamilton started at RB at when i attended. Surprised he made the team.

New England @ New York Jets- 0 vs. 1... like Hamilton, Kevin O'Connell was playing when i attended SDSU; he was a decent QB.

Cincinnati @ Green Bay- 0 vs. 1... Cincinnati doesn't know what their missing

Arizona @ Jacksonville- 0 vs. 2... both clubs kinda suck, but jacksonville has 2 SDSUers.

Minnesota @ Detroit- 1 vs. 1... however, Minnesota has no USC players... DAMN!

Oakland @ KC- 3 vs. 0... Shillins, Alston, and Morrison the team representing my schools well... another reason why i love them.

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo- 1 vs. 2... depending on Stanford's Trent Edwards to hook up with TO a couple times.

Seattle @San Francisco- 0 vs. 1... Eric Heittman saving the day.

Pittsburgh @ Chicago- 0 vs. 1... I am blaming you Lance Louis.

Cleveland @ Denver- Lonie Paxton is the only Sac State alumni repping in the NFL. Too bad he is a loser bronco.

Baltimore @ San Diego- 0 vs. 3.... three SDSU'ers playing in their backyard.

NY Giants @ Dallas- 0 vs. 0... both teams are lame, but the Giants have 2 USC players over Dallas' 1... Nice Stadium, though.

MONDAY NIGHT

Indianapolis
@ Miami- 2 vs. 1... KR TJ Rushings has a TD that wins the game... because he's smart.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:49 pm
Wow, how about Cincy pulling one out in Lambeau? We saw the same exact Packers defense that made them not make the playoffs last year... giving up 4 TDs to Schaub.

Brees continues to impress, he's now at 9 TDs and 2 INTs in the first two games of the season.

The Cards were impressive going into a different time zone and outworking the Jags.

And I know ESPN is going to be drooling over the Jets impressive win and shut down of the Pats offense.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:34 am
xbay wrote:Wow, how about Cincy pulling one out in Lambeau? We saw the same exact Packers defense that made them not make the playoffs last year... giving up 4 TDs to Schaub.

Brees continues to impress, he's now at 9 TDs and 2 INTs in the first two games of the season.

The Cards were impressive going into a different time zone and outworking the Jags.

And I know ESPN is going to be drooling over the Jets impressive win and shut down of the Pats offense.

What about posting all this in the NFL thread instead of the pick'em one, buddy? :mrgreen:

But, to make you feel better... yeah, you're pretty much right on every point. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:17 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Wow, how about Cincy pulling one out in Lambeau? We saw the same exact Packers defense that made them not make the playoffs last year... giving up 4 TDs to Schaub.

What about posting all this in the NFL thread instead of the pick'em one, buddy? :mrgreen:

But, to make you feel better... yeah, you're pretty much right on every point. :wink:

Sounds like someone still has a grudge over me stealing Flacco away and seeing Hasselbeck go down. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:49 pm
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:

Sounds like someone still has a grudge over me stealing Flacco away and seeing Hasselbeck go down. :mrgreen:

That's called paranoia, you know...

* Runs to post about the Flaccogate in other thread *

:mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:59 pm
I was 10-6 for this week thanks to a lot of the surprising wins. Could of got better had the favored teams won.

Well, week two is over fellas! Edit your standings post so I can update the full standings.

Good luck in week three!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 am
xbay wrote:I was 10-6 for this week thanks to a lot of the surprising wins. Could of got better had the favored teams won.

Well, week two is over fellas! Edit your standings post so I can update the full standings.

Good luck in week three!

Done. 12-4 again this week. I'm Mr. 12-4.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:42 am
11-5 for me this week... this includes me picking St. Louis and Detroit... go Stanford/SDSU/Sac State for not letting me down.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:30 am
10-6 :angry2:
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:59 pm
11-5 for Week 2. Updated my first post as well.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:23 pm
STANDINGS UPDATED!

Congrats to TMC, GSW, and Rob for taking the three way tie for first place.

And JReed forgot to post his picks, so he goes Detroit Lions this week with an 0-16 record to his standings.

Good luck in week 3!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:24 pm
Geez, JREED I hope you just forgot a week or something...crackerz picked teams based on SDSU and sac state players, and he's destroying you! :mrgreen:

I guess i should have read XBAYS post first huh?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:Geez, JREED I hope you just forgot a week or something...crackerz picked teams based on SDSU and sac state players, and he's destroying you! :mrgreen:

I guess i should have read XBAYS post first huh?

I checked three times over and over again just in case I missed his post, but I didn't see his week two picks, so he had to forfeit all those games. He's in for a longgggg season.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board