2009 GStW.com Fantasy Football

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Moderator
Posts: 5356
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:01 pm
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:Is there a limit of moves on this leage?. Because, due to the online draft, I've made a bunch of moves already and I've got a few more on waivers.

It's taking me a while to get the kind of roster I want, particularly on defense. To be honest, I don't think I have a bad team, but it'd certainly woul have been different with me drafting. I still hate my running game.


I want you to lose, so i froze your account. Kidding.

Actually, i had a setting where every free agent from the first game of the week until the day after the last one is automatically put on waivers (this week started on thursday). I will be changing it. The reason why i didnt change it sooner was because i was too late, and i didnt want to change it when this week had already started. If i changed it within the last few days, it might have seem like i was cheating and only benefitting myself.

This is why i only have 3 defensive players playing this week. I was too late. Hope i cleared it up a bit. I will change it on wednesday, to refect just sundays and mondays.


Coo. Thanks for clearing it, Mr. C. Although I wouldn't have a problem with an inmediate change. I mean, everybody should be aware of such a change, but posting about on the board AND with a statement on the league home page would have been enough. And you wouldn't have had to play a whole week with just 3 defensive players.


Although that still lefts my question unanswered... is there a limit to the number of roster moves you can make in this league?.


oh sorry, the answer is no. There are unlimited moves.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:16 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:Is there a limit of moves on this leage?. Because, due to the online draft, I've made a bunch of moves already and I've got a few more on waivers.

It's taking me a while to get the kind of roster I want, particularly on defense. To be honest, I don't think I have a bad team, but it'd certainly woul have been different with me drafting. I still hate my running game.


I want you to lose, so i froze your account. Kidding.

Actually, i had a setting where every free agent from the first game of the week until the day after the last one is automatically put on waivers (this week started on thursday). I will be changing it. The reason why i didnt change it sooner was because i was too late, and i didnt want to change it when this week had already started. If i changed it within the last few days, it might have seem like i was cheating and only benefitting myself.

This is why i only have 3 defensive players playing this week. I was too late. Hope i cleared it up a bit. I will change it on wednesday, to refect just sundays and mondays.


Coo. Thanks for clearing it, Mr. C. Although I wouldn't have a problem with an inmediate change. I mean, everybody should be aware of such a change, but posting about on the board AND with a statement on the league home page would have been enough. And you wouldn't have had to play a whole week with just 3 defensive players.


Although that still lefts my question unanswered... is there a limit to the number of roster moves you can make in this league?.


oh sorry, the answer is no. There are unlimited moves.


It's good to know, because I won't do many after the first month, but til that point, I'll still be tweaking the roster.

Thanks for clearing it again, Mr. C.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:00 am
Hey, Mr. C, check your trades. I've made a proposal you won't be able to refuse. :wink:

Moderator
Posts: 5356
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:01 am
TMC wrote:Hey, Mr. C, check your trades. I've made a proposal you won't be able to refuse. :wink:


you are right, i could not refuse it... hopefully bowe or bush aren't injured for the season and i accepted this without knowing, But, if not, i like the trade for me. I have enough great running backs where i can focus on another WR and get a backup RB as well.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:31 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
TMC wrote:Hey, Mr. C, check your trades. I've made a proposal you won't be able to refuse. :wink:


you are right, i could not refuse it... hopefully bowe or bush aren't injured for the season and i accepted this without knowing, But, if not, i like the trade for me. I have enough great running backs where i can focus on another WR and get a backup RB as well.


Good. I think it's a great trade for you. I needed another starting caliber RB to really have a chance, and I had to overpay to get him. Bowe and Bush is a great bounty for a guy that's gonna be til next month.

Let's hope this trade works out well for both of us, bro.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:46 am
What does everybody think about the trade?

Mr. Crackerz gets Dwayne Bowe and Reggie Bush.

I get Marshawn Lynch.


On paper, it benefits Crackerz a lot, but I needed a top RB to have a chance, and I think I got one in Lynch, who's gonna be fresh for the second half of the season.

As I posted above, I had to overpay to get him, but there's no way I'd get a RB like him without overpaying.

Thought?. Am I crazy or just deluded? :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:14 am
Well, if Bowe can get it going once Cassell gets back and if Brees can find Bush in the passing game like he did a few years ago aka... the more threatening Reggie Bush...

then Mr. Crackerz wins.

If not, then you win.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:35 am
xbay wrote:Well, if Bowe can get it going once Cassell gets back and if Brees can find Bush in the passing game like he did a few years ago aka... the more threatening Reggie Bush...

then Mr. Crackerz wins.

If not, then you win.


So... what you're saying is that if the guys I traded perform better than the guy I got, I lose. If it happens the other way around, I win. Is that it?.


Quite clever, bro. I would have never thought of that. I knew you'd be a great mod!!! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Well, if Bowe can get it going once Cassell gets back and if Brees can find Bush in the passing game like he did a few years ago aka... the more threatening Reggie Bush...

then Mr. Crackerz wins.

If not, then you win.


So... what you're saying is that if the guys I traded perform better than the guy I got, I lose. If it happens the other way around, I win. Is that it?.


Quite clever, bro. I would have never thought of that. I knew you'd be a great mod!!! :mrgreen:


Marshawn Lynch is in a sticky situation if fred jackson shows he's worthy a spot.

kind of like why MJD is so valuable this year... cause another quality back has left Jacksonville this season
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 am
whoops think im talking about fred taylor here. :)
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:12 am
The TMC curse is in full effect this year. It's kinda like the Madden Curse, but only with QBs.

So far, my curse has already fractured both McNabb and Hasselbeck's ribs. And let's remember the TMC curse started last year with Tom Brady, who missed the whole season after being my first round pick in the fantasy draft.

Once I decide you're gonna be my fantasy QB... watch out!!!


:banghead: 8) :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5861
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:40 am
TMC wrote:The TMC curse is in full effect this year. It's kinda like the Madden Curse, but only with QBs.

So far, my curse has already fractured both McNabb and Hasselbeck's ribs. And let's remember the TMC curse started last year with Tom Brady, who missed the whole season after being my first round pick in the fantasy draft.

Once I decide you're gonna be my fantasy QB... watch out!!!


:banghead: 8) :mrgreen:


what would happen with Jamarcus Russell at your helm?

Things cant get much worse for him- :bday:

maybe instead of going from bad to worse. he goes bad to probowl :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:10 pm
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:
TMC wrote:The TMC curse is in full effect this year. It's kinda like the Madden Curse, but only with QBs.

So far, my curse has already fractured both McNabb and Hasselbeck's ribs. And let's remember the TMC curse started last year with Tom Brady, who missed the whole season after being my first round pick in the fantasy draft.

Once I decide you're gonna be my fantasy QB... watch out!!!


:banghead: 8) :mrgreen:


what would happen with Jamarcus Russell at your helm?

Things cant get much worse for him- :bday:

maybe instead of going from bad to worse. he goes bad to probowl :mrgreen:


He'd probably throw the fastest ball of his career... directly to Zach Miller's nut sack, forcing him to retire and ending his chances of having kids. Of course, McFadden would recover the ball and run the whole field, just to fumble at the 1 yard line after tweaking his knee so bad that he's also forced to retire. Finally, the opposing team would recover the ball and run all over Jamarcus to the end zone of the Raiders, who would lose the game by one point.

I'm probably being considerate here... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:25 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Well, if Bowe can get it going once Cassell gets back and if Brees can find Bush in the passing game like he did a few years ago aka... the more threatening Reggie Bush...

then Mr. Crackerz wins.

If not, then you win.


So... what you're saying is that if the guys I traded perform better than the guy I got, I lose. If it happens the other way around, I win. Is that it?.


Quite clever, bro. I would have never thought of that. I knew you'd be a great mod!!! :mrgreen:


Obviously, you want to die. :mrgreen:

TMC wrote:The TMC curse is in full effect this year. It's kinda like the Madden Curse, but only with QBs.

So far, my curse has already fractured both McNabb and Hasselbeck's ribs. And let's remember the TMC curse started last year with Tom Brady, who missed the whole season after being my first round pick in the fantasy draft.

Once I decide you're gonna be my fantasy QB... watch out!!!


I was going to trade Flacco to you for a RB, but none of them interested me enough. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:36 pm
xbay wrote:
TMC wrote:The TMC curse is in full effect this year. It's kinda like the Madden Curse, but only with QBs.

So far, my curse has already fractured both McNabb and Hasselbeck's ribs. And let's remember the TMC curse started last year with Tom Brady, who missed the whole season after being my first round pick in the fantasy draft.

Once I decide you're gonna be my fantasy QB... watch out!!!


I was going to trade Flacco to you for a RB, but none of them interested me enough. :mrgreen:


That's a good thing for Flacco, tho.



For the moment, because I have Brees and Flacco as my QBs on the other league... :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest