2009 "GSW DEATHMATCH"- FANTASY FOOTBALL

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

"TEAM OF THE WEEK (4)"

Poll ended at Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 am

TMC - Ronnie Brown 115yds 2TD/Mike Sims Walker 91yds 2TD.
50%
GSW - SF D (47 FF pts), Calvin Johnson 133yds
50%
BADA- Jay Cutler 141 yds 2TDS, CHI D (27 ff pts)
No votes

Total votes : 4

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:56 am
JOEL wrote:
TMC wrote:
JOEL wrote:Im looking to trade BIG BEN for a WR......any takers?

Eh... no. But I've sent you a proposal that includes a WR.

as much as i enjoyed your proposal..... it really needed to be re-thunk.

Not there yet... so I've made a counterproposal to counter your counterproposal (say that fast 10 times without breathing and I might consider reducing my demands :mrgreen: ).

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:53 pm
TMC wrote:
JOEL wrote:
TMC wrote:
JOEL wrote:Im looking to trade BIG BEN for a WR......any takers?

Eh... no. But I've sent you a proposal that includes a WR.

as much as i enjoyed your proposal..... it really needed to be re-thunk.

Not there yet... so I've made a counterproposal to counter your counterproposal (say that fast 10 times without breathing and I might consider reducing my demands :mrgreen: ).

Did I tell you how much I love your new sig ? The vivid colors along with the contrasting color scheme shows you to be one full of style and design!!!!
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:58 pm
Thougthts!

Me n JOEL just pulled off a blockbuster of a trade. basically a swap of rb and te's but it looks as follows

JOEL RECEIVES:
Michael Bush
Zach Miller

PAWNO RECEIVES
Darren McFadden
Owen Daniels

im really feeling the addition of McFadden, but i think JOEL ultimately gets the bigger fantasy point contribution with Michael Bush redzone ability

and blimey... i gave up week1 TE stud in Zach Miller for a TE that was probowl last year but could be in for a long year with a awful TEXANS OFFENSE (will get a better indication this weekend if Scuab, Andre, Slaton and Owen Daniels can return to FANTASY FOOTBALL ELite production.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:16 am
TMC, you are one funny man. Trying to get Flacco from me after I stole him from you in the other league. I assume had I accepted that trade, you'd give me Caddy in this league? :mrgreen:

It's funny, too, cause I was the one who drafted Hass and I think you drafted Flacco. Not sure, though. Anyways, if that's true, it'd basically go back to the way it was post-draft. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:17 am
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:Thougthts!

Me n JOEL just pulled off a blockbuster of a trade. basically a swap of rb and te's but it looks as follows

JOEL RECEIVES:
Michael Bush
Zach Miller

PAWNO RECEIVES
Darren McFadden
Owen Daniels

im really feeling the addition of McFadden, but i think JOEL ultimately gets the bigger fantasy point contribution with Michael Bush redzone ability

and blimey... i gave up week1 TE stud in Zach Miller for a TE that was probowl last year but could be in for a long year with a awful TEXANS OFFENSE (will get a better indication this weekend if Scuab, Andre, Slaton and Owen Daniels can return to FANTASY FOOTBALL ELite production.

JOEL wins cause I like Bush more than McFadden and based off the Texans passing performance last week... Miller is an upgrade over Daniels. Plus, Bush is the going to take away goal-line carries from McFadden... which means, more TDs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 am
JOEL wrote:Did I tell you how much I love your new sig ? The vivid colors along with the contrasting color scheme shows you to be one full of style and design!!!!

Well, considering it was a Bucs wallpaper I found somewhere else a while ago and that my only job was to resize it, I graciously accept your compliment. :mrgreen:

You haven't counter-counter-countered my trade, tho. :wink:

xbay wrote:TMC, you are one funny man. Trying to get Flacco from me after I stole him from you in the other league. I assume had I accepted that trade, you'd give me Caddy in this league? :mrgreen:

Eh... no. :mrgreen:

xbay wrote:It's funny, too, cause I was the one who drafted Hass and I think you drafted Flacco. Not sure, though. Anyways, if that's true, it'd basically go back to the way it was post-draft. :mrgreen:

Yeah, Flacco was autodrafted for me, but I replaced him with Hass as soon as you dropped him. I didn't believe for a second all that hype about Flacco in preseason and thought the Ravens would be a running first, second and third team again.

But it was a funny trade, didn't it? :mrgreen:

xbay wrote:
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:Thougthts!

JOEL RECEIVES:
Michael Bush
Zach Miller

PAWNO RECEIVES
Darren McFadden
Owen Daniels

JOEL wins cause I like Bush more than McFadden and based off the Texans passing performance last week... Miller is an upgrade over Daniels. Plus, Bush is the going to take away goal-line carries from McFadden... which means, more TDs.

On paper, Pawno wins, because I expect Daniels to have a better season than Miller (although barely) and DMC to be the feature back fo the Raiders.

Of course, if Bush gets the goal line carries, DMC's value gets reduced a great deal and JOEL gets the best of the trade, because there ain't much difference between Daniels and Miller.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:42 am
So Bada has replaced the Chargers' D with the Seahawks... guess watching Jamal Williams going to IR and Merriman's no-show against the Raiders had something to do with that, right?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:30 am
TMC wrote:So Bada has replaced the Chargers' D with the Seahawks... guess watching Jamal Williams going to IR and Merriman's no-show against the Raiders had something to do with that, right?

only cause oakland d wasnt available :bday:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:37 am
hmmmm i am very tempted to play Larry Johnson, mainly because it is against the raiders, because of his historical success... then again, LT usually dominates the raiders as well, and didn't dominate as we seen in the past.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:46 pm
I cant believe that Moss and Brady havent hooked up for a TD yet, what a great game wasted by my 2 RBs, I have gotten nothing out of my receivers yet.....good game Xbay, looks like you may have gotten to Tony Romo before the game....that pick6 was served up pretty sweet.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:54 pm
How good is this...

In my match-up, I was down 13 points against Eman, with only Dallas Clark left to play. Luckily, first play of the game, Manning throws an 80-yard TD pass to Clark. Victory to the Juggernaut!

But I feel this highlights the main problem (I see) with fantasy football. It's all about the match-ups. For example, Eman would have beaten 5 other teams in our league this week with the score he had. I think TMC had a similar example last week, where he only just lost, but would have smoked pretty much the rest of us.

Sometimes I think fantasy football would be better if it was just done roto-style, where the top 4 with the highest point total making the play-offs. Head to Head in some ways is really about luck, and doesn't necessarily rewards those with good teams, more those with good match-ups. Anyway, just some food for thought. I'm just glad to be in the win column :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 pm
aussiebiedrins wrote: Anyway, just some food for thought. I'm just glad to be in the win column :mrgreen:

Dont get use to it BRUVA..

You got the Al Davis Cartel this week.. and i don't show no ma'fn mercy
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:02 pm
Who'd I beat this week?

XBAY is taking that title this year I tell you! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:22 am
xbay wrote:Who'd I beat this week?

Sadly (for you), you play the TMCs this week. Get ready to be demolished. It'll be the revenge of the Flaccogate. :mrgreen:

aussiebiedrins wrote:But I feel this highlights the main problem (I see) with fantasy football. It's all about the match-ups. For example, Eman would have beaten 5 other teams in our league this week with the score he had. I think TMC had a similar example last week, where he only just lost, but would have smoked pretty much the rest of us.

Sometimes I think fantasy football would be better if it was just done roto-style, where the top 4 with the highest point total making the play-offs. Head to Head in some ways is really about luck, and doesn't necessarily rewards those with good teams, more those with good match-ups. Anyway, just some food for thought. I'm just glad to be in the win column :mrgreen:

Yeah, it would be fair to have a roto league for the regular season and h2h during the playoffs, but I like the current h2h mode for the full season. Luck obviously plays a role, but I don't think it matters much over the course of a full year... although it's true it can decide any given matchup.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:29 pm
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Who'd I beat this week?

Sadly (for you), you play the TMCs this week. Get ready to be demolished. It'll be the revenge of the Flaccogate. :mrgreen:

You better lube up good cause it's going to get rough fast! :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum