Nba fantasy 2009/10 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:51 am
migya wrote:So Bigs has said he doesn't want in on this league this year, due to not having access to a computer much when he starts his travelling. He said this in the League 2 thread. That leaves three spots open and really, we need confirmation of who wants in immediately, as we should get the draft started in a few hours or so

Two spots open. TheBodyGuard is already in.

Jackattack and 8thAve, you're the two next in line, so, please, confirm that you want in. If not, it will be AlwaysNext if he still wants to join.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:46 am
We need to hurry this up...

remember how long the football draft took. And that was a small roster league. If this drags on even later, than we have to impose either a 24 hour or maybe even 16 hour time limit for drafting when we do actually start this. And people will just have to be stuck with the automatic "projected" player by yahoo! default rosters if they do not pick on time limits.

I am not trying to be mean, but the football draft lasted over 2 months. I was in spain for 30 days, and we started way before my trip, and ended way after, so my memory of that was pretty clear. If we begin this weekend, we will still need to at least set a time limit if we want to finish by the time the season starts... which is in like 6 weeks or so.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:09 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:We need to hurry this up...

remember how long the football draft took. And that was a small roster league. If this drags on even later, than we have to impose either a 24 hour or maybe even 16 hour time limit for drafting when we do actually start this. And people will just have to be stuck with the automatic "projected" player by yahoo! default rosters if they do not pick on time limits.

I am not trying to be mean, but the football draft lasted over 2 months. I was in spain for 30 days, and we started way before my trip, and ended way after, so my memory of that was pretty clear. If we begin this weekend, we will still need to at least set a time limit if we want to finish by the time the season starts... which is in like 6 weeks or so.

Yep, there's a 24 hours time limit for each pick. If not, we're going with Yahoo highest rated player.

To avoid that, if somebody suspects he won't be able to make his pick in time, he can send Migya or me a PM with the guys he wants to pick and we'll do it for him.

And we should really start the draft by this weekend. It's gonna take a while to finish so the sooner, the better.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:21 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:So Bigs has said he doesn't want in on this league this year, due to not having access to a computer much when he starts his travelling. He said this in the League 2 thread. That leaves three spots open and really, we need confirmation of who wants in immediately, as we should get the draft started in a few hours or so

Jackattack and 8thAve, you're the two next in line, so, please, confirm that you want in. If not, it will be AlwaysNext if he still wants to join.

I've seen Jack, 8th, and Always online in the past few days, and none have stepped up for their spots. We should open it up to guys like BeastMode, Coach, or whoever else has previously shown interest in this thread.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:07 pm
fine wrote:
TMC wrote:

I've seen Jack, 8th, and Always online in the past few days, and none have stepped up for their spots. We should open it up to guys like BeastMode, Coach, or whoever else has previously shown interest in this thread.

Yeah, but maybe they missed the fantasy board. I'll put up the announcement again the main forum and if they don't post here, we'll go for the next in line.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:29 pm
TMC wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:We need to hurry this up...

Yep, there's a 24 hours time limit for each pick. If not, we're going with Yahoo highest rated player.

To avoid that, if somebody suspects he won't be able to make his pick in time, he can send Migya or me a PM with the guys he wants to pick and we'll do it for him.

And we should really start the draft by this weekend. It's gonna take a while to finish so the sooner, the better.

Besides me and tMC, xbay, as long as he doesn't object, can also be PMed your preference, as he is a moderator and can change the first post, where we keep things updated

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:49 pm
TMC wrote:
fine wrote:
TMC wrote:

Yeah, but maybe they missed the fantasy board. I'll put up the announcement again the main forum and if they don't post here, we'll go for the next in line.

It's not just about the 1st league, the 2nd league is the same thing, just as good, maybe even better, depends who plays and how things go.

Guys, you need to say whether you want in on the 2nd league as well and whether you want offline draft like for this league or a live draft (not my preference I admit but if it is what the significant majority wants and that's alright). Guys like BeastMode and Coach have shown their interest, Always Next as well (may not make it for the 1st league but can for 2nd league ofcourse). Be good to have guys like Tarantism (who, as far as I know, hasn't been on much after being a real major poster for a number of months), Dr. Spaceman, beatman (who said he wanted in in this league after the first three others did), firstoff (a notable absence) and the other regulars of the forum. A notable absence in this is Quazza, a very regular poster on the forum for a long time now

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:04 am
Ok, we haven't seen any answer from the guys in line to join and we still have two spots open.

If 8thAve and Jackattack (migya, maybe you should send them an invite via PM with the league data so they can join) do not post saying they want in during today, I think it should be AlwaysNext (who already said he'd join in the announcement thread) and Beastmode turn to join.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:54 am
Still no answer from Always Next. in 12 hours, if he hasn't confirmed he wants in, the next guy to say he wants in in this league, regardless whether you said so before at all, gets the spot. Ut has to be that way as it has been a good week and we still haven't gotten confirmations for a full twelve people. One spot is left and it is holding us up

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:13 am
migya wrote:Still no answer from Always Next. in 12 hours, if he hasn't confirmed he wants in, the next guy to say he wants in in this league, regardless whether you said so before at all, gets the spot. Ut has to be that way as it has been a good week and we still haven't gotten confirmations for a full twelve people. One spot is left and it is holding us up

Iirc, AlwaysNext doesn't have access to a computer during weekends, migya.

Also, he already said in the announcement thread that he'll join if there's an available spot, so I don't think we have to wait for yet another confirmation coming from him. Just send him a PM with the league data so he can join on monday and let's get the draft started.

So, with that, the participants in the first league would be:

Migya
TMC
XBay
Pawno
Fine
E-Man
Cooooach
AlwaysNext
Mr. Crackerz
TheBodyGuard
Fine
AussieBeans

Ok, anybody willing to put this list into random.org so we can start the draft? (Bada or Bigs could do it, as they won't be involved on the league).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:17 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Still no answer from Always Next. in 12 hours, if he hasn't confirmed he wants in, the next guy to say he wants in in this league, regardless whether you said so before at all, gets the spot. Ut has to be that way as it has been a good week and we still haven't gotten confirmations for a full twelve people. One spot is left and it is holding us up

Iirc, AlwaysNext doesn't have access to a computer during weekends, migya.

Also, he already said in the announcement thread that he'll join if there's an available spot, so I don't think we have to wait for yet another confirmation coming from him. Just send him a PM with the league data so he can join on monday and let's get the draft started.

Migya
TMC
XBay
Pawno
Fine
E-Man
Cooooach
AlwaysNext
Mr. Crackerz
TheBodyGuard
Fine
AussieBeans

Ok, anybody willing to put this list into random.org so we can start the draft? (Bada or Bigs could do it, as they won't be involved on the league).

I want Always Next to confirm this by Monday night Oakland time then, just to be sure he knows what's going on. Also, the league info is on the first post in this thread, everyone needs to know that and refer to it.

Be great for Bada or Bigs to do the draft order on random.org

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:16 am
TMC wrote:

Migya
TMC
XBay
Pawno
Fine
E-Man
Cooooach
AlwaysNext
Mr. Crackerz
TheBodyGuard
Fine
AussieBeans

Don't forget Gsw United. (you listed me twice)
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:19 am
fine wrote:
TMC wrote:

Migya
TMC
XBay
Pawno
Fine
E-Man
Cooooach
AlwaysNext
Mr. Crackerz
TheBodyGuard
Fine
AussieBeans

Don't forget Gsw United. (you listed me twice)

That's because that's how many times I'm going to beat you this season. We are 1-1 from last season :wink:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:56 am
so are you going to make the draft order yet or what?

Migya you can do it yourself, you are the commish... I trust you enough for you to do it, plus its your league and your rules. I am sure no one will object with you doing it. SO i just say you do, post the list, and we start ASAP.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:29 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:so are you going to make the draft order yet or what?

Migya you can do it yourself, you are the commish... I trust you enough for you to do it, plus its your league and your rules. I am sure no one will object with you doing it. SO i just say you do, post the list, and we start ASAP.

Yeah, me too. I just want to start ASAP as well, as it will take quite a bit of time to finish the draft.

Just post the order and let's start picking, bro.

Oh, and thanks for pointing GSW absence on the list, fine. I don't know what I was thinking.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum