YES :-)
89%
NO :-(
11%

Total votes : 9

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:39 pm
xbay wrote: And while I checked 'em, I couldn't help but notice Bada DID NOT choose a winner for the Steelers/Titans game. I see he's trying to give us a one game handicap. :mrgreen:

hmm, well that blows!!! oh well, I think I could give you guys a 5 game handicap and still be ok by the end of the year! :mrgreen:

Just kidding.... that could come back and haunt me
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:18 pm
ok...here my picks for week 1...

Atlanta Falcons....too many weapons on this team...T.Gonzalez,R.White and M.Turner....another strong contender team for Superbowl. win at least 10 pts

Baltimore Ravens.....what can i say about K.C...Ravens are just too much for this team...win at least 7 pts

Eagles.....It's really hard to pick either Panthers or Eagles, go for Eagles...not sure...

Bengals....sorry Broncos....u are not last year team besides Ocho cinco will Reborn again this year....win by 10 pts.

Vikings.....A.P on Beast Mode....can't stop this guy

Texans...will win slightly over Jets

Indy Colts.....New coach no problem...addai will score the 1st TD.

Saints.....The sorriest team in the NFL history 0-16 play with Golden QB Drew Brees...huhh...put it 14 pts at least unless Lions go berserk...

Cowboys.....Gruden gone, new coach and new playbook....need to adjust but not the first week....

Arizona...Home field advantage....

Giants....No Burress no problem...but can't win over 7 pts...

Seahawk.....just because Home field.....Matt is back...

Packers....Ryan Grant score the 1st TD, great fight from Bears but win for Packers

Patriots.....The Captain is Back...The Bayarea native brady showing he is not rusty yet...

Raiders....the pick that noone agree but if seymour play Raiders will has more chance to win....Watch out McFadden and the 1st TD gonna be BUSH.....

Let's Rock again....

Just Win..Babe

12-4...if i am not wrong
Last edited by GSW United on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:39 pm
REMINDER.... WHEN YOU TALLY UP YOUR WINS, DO NOT TALLY THEM ON THE POST IN WHICH YOU PUT YOUR PREDICTIONS. DO IT ON THE FIRST PAGE YOU POSTED IN. IF YOUR PREDICTIONS WERE THE FIRST PAGE YOU POSTED, THAN MAKE ANOTHER POST FOR THE TALLY. IF YOU EDIT THE POST IN WHICH YOU MADE YOUR PREDICTIONS, IT BASICALLY MAKES IT LOOK LIKE YOU EDITED YOUR PICKS.

SO GOOD LUCK FOR THE SEASON. I KNOW I WILL BE LOSING APLENTY.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:59 am
I've already edited my standings. 12-4. Not a bad way to start the season, although it wasn't the hardest week for predictions.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:27 am
my first and only post was my picks, Im pretty dissapointed with my 12-4 week. I cant believe I bought into the Redskins and in a tough week I should know never to pick my Dolphins.

12-4
Last edited by "Always" Next on Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:00 pm
Runng Tally

(Week 1) = 12 W - 4 L
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:59 pm
Hey guys, it'd be cool if once you guys post your record for the week in your first post of the thread, that you put your record for each week. This makes is easier to add up the totals after each week, you know what I mean?

I see the majority of us went 12-4. Well, if we keep the record of each week on record, we can go back and calculate the standings again if there something is off. BTW, Always and aussie... don't use those last posts as your weekly standings. I searched for your first post in this thread and used it there. So when you put up your standings for the week, put it in there. You'll see it... it's on the one of the first two pages.

Also, I was generous this week and did every one's standings except for the ones who already did it. And I edited every one's first post in this thread as their weekly standings.

BTW...

Congrats to KC for winning week 1 with a record of 13-3. He only missed out on San Francisco, San Diego, and Denver winning. 8 people went 12-4, and Mr. C and Pawno are at the bottom at 10-6.

Good luck in week 2!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:12 am
xbay wrote:Hey guys, it'd be cool if once you guys post your record for the week in your first post of the thread, that you put your record for each week. This makes is easier to add up the totals after each week, you know what I mean?

I see the majority of us went 12-4. Well, if we keep the record of each week on record, we can go back and calculate the standings again if there something is off. BTW, Always and aussie... don't use those last posts as your weekly standings. I searched for your first post in this thread and used it there. So when you put up your standings for the week, put it in there. You'll see it... it's on the one of the first two pages.

Also, I was generous this week and did every one's standings except for the ones who already did it. And I edited every one's first post in this thread as their weekly standings.

BTW...

Congrats to KC for winning week 1 with a record of 13-3. He only missed out on San Francisco, San Diego, and Denver winning. 8 people went 12-4, and Mr. C and Pawno are at the bottom at 10-6.

Good luck in week 2!

Exactly. it makes everything so much easier for adding totals and avoiding mistakes. Will do sir.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:08 pm
My picks for the week 2....
Since i am going to travel outside US so i will put my picks ahead of time...

ATLANTA FALCONS....Turner will get his chance to fire up along with Roddy white...

VIKINGS....wondering who will stop this MONSTER PETERSON..

PACKERS...another TD's from Ryan Grant will seal the win..

Jaguars....hard to pick but i have feelings that MJD will put the big numbers...

RAIDERSSSS.....Play the same D and little bit switch the playbook ,everythings will be fine...

Patriots....it's going to be a good game...but experience win it all.

Saints....without Nabb , probably will have a little problem here....

TITANS....No brainers pick

Redskins....Portis will has a good game

Niners...hard to pick but got to give some love foy Bayarea team.

Bills....Homefield advantage

Steelers....Bears still got a problem to fix...

Browns....Lucky in the 1st week doesn't mean u will get it in 2nd weeks

Ravens....close game but like to see charger lose...

Cowboys....Homefield boost the power of Cowboys....

COLTS.....wildcats will paly with the wilddogs...

OK guys...see u guys in week 4th

GO RAIDERSSSS....

Just Win, Babe
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:00 pm
My Week 2 Picks

Carolina @ Atlanta

Carolina has a serious QB issue, atlanta doesn't

St. Louis @ Washington

Sure washington may be disappointing, but they're playing the rams

Houston @ Tennessee

Tennessee Defense looks tough, Houston not so much

New Orleans @ Philadelphia

Saints are a machine, and without McNabb, eagles can't keep up

New England @ New York Jets

My upset special... Belicheck may have something for the rookie, but he doesn't have the horses anymore

Cincinatti @ Green Bay

Green bay was underwhelming last week, but they'll get it together this week

Arizona @ Jacksonville

Close game, but Fitz and boldin get loose this game

Minnesota @ detroit

This is like the free space on a bingo card

Oakland@ KC

Rivalry game, oakland looked fairly impressive, chiefs looked better than i thought.

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Bills take this one by 17

Seattle @San francisco

Close game, but the Niners aren't the rams, and they win

Pittsburgh @ Chicago

Bears D is going down by the second

Cleveland @ denver

Broncos won't get lucky twice

Baltimore @ San Diego

San Diego looks to be in transition on Defense

NY Giants @ Dallas

Cowboys get beat up

MONDAY NIGHT

Indianapolis
@ Miami

Role Player
Poster Credit: 6
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 am
WEEK 2 PICKS

Carolina @ Atlanta

Until Delhomme manages to go a game without throwing an interception or fumbling the ball, there is just no way I will pick Carolina again. Plus, Atlanta have a heap of weapons, and are at home.

St. Louis @ Washington

The Rams are probably the worst team in the league, and Washington should be able to get the job done at home. Portis should put up some big numbers.

Houston @ Tennessee

Titans were very unlucky last week, and will have had ten days to prepare for this game. Houston got shut-down big time by the Jets in Week 1, and I can't see things being any easier for their offense on the road this time around.

A high-scoring affair, but without McNabb, the Eagles will not be able to put as many points on the board as Brees and his many receiving weapons. I think the Saints would be too good even if McNabb did play.

Yes the Jets defense looked great last week, and yes, the Patriots were lucky to get the win. But I think the Pats will show that they are the team to beat in the AFC East. Bill Belichick will have something up his sleeve for Sanchez.

Cincinatti @ Green Bay

The Bengals seem to have a pretty good defense, but not much going on in offense at the moment. The Packers meanwhile, can do both, and do them well, and should be fairly comfortable winners in this game.

Arizona @ Jacksonville

Tough game to call, but I refuse to believe that the Cardinals are as bad as they showed last week. Arizona contained Gore, so they should be able to contain MJD. I think Warner will have a very good game.

Minnesota @ Detroit

The Vikings struggled against the Lions last season, and were lucky to win both games. But I still think they'll get the job done here. Peterson should put up some big numbers once again, and I imagine it will be a fairly high-scoring affair. Favre will again do very little.

Oakland @ Kansas City

The Raiders were really unlucky to lose to the Chargers on Monday night. I think the scoreline in the Chiefs game against the Ravens was very flattering to them, and Oakland should just have enough weapons on offense to grab their first win of the season.

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Potential for the Bills to come out flat after such a big let-down against the Pats. But I think at home, they will be too good for the Bucs. Should be an interesting game to watch, I imagine the final margin will be less than a touchdown.

Seattle @San Francisco

Another close call, but I think Seattle have a few more options on offense. I think they will have a much better campaign this season. As for the 49ers, I feel like they over-achieved last week, but I could be wrong. We'll see.

Pittsburgh @ Chicago

A must-win game for the Bears, and I'm sure Cutler will have a much better game than last week. The Steelers will miss Polomalu, and since I hate them, I try to pick against them as much as possible.

Cleveland @ Denver

Both teams are fairly ordinary (or at least were last week), so I lean towards the home side in this match-up. I think eventually Orton will get more in sync with his talented receiving corp.

Baltimore @ San Diego

The Ravens have always had one of the league's best defenses, but with Flacco growing in confidence and their three-headed rushing attack continuing to wreak havoc, I think they'll be able to get by the Chargers, who looked ordinary last week, and can probably afford to lose games like this while still comfortably winning their division.

NY Giants @ Dallas

Probably the game of the round. Romo looked great last week, but the Giants have a pretty good defense themselves. At the end of the day though, I think the Giants will struggle to put points on the board, and they may even get distracted by the massive video screen :wink:

Indianapolis @ Miami

Should be a good game. I don't think Miami are as bad as they showed last week. But I think Manning and Wayne will combine to put the game out of the Dolphin's reach. Wouldn't be surprised if this was extremely high-scoring or fairly low-scoring.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:51 am
Week 2 Picks:

Carolina @ Atlanta

I won't take Delhomme on the road against a good team like the Falcons. I just won't.

St. Louis @ Washington

Portis should run wild against the Rams and the Redskins D should do the rest.

Houston @ Tennessee

I expect an ugly game decided by not more than 7 points. And by the Titans D as well.

I also refuse to pick Kevin Kolb against Brees. It'd be different with a healthy McNabb but that won't be the case.

Upset special of the week. I just don't trust the Pats D at all this year. No Mayo, no Seymour, no Rodney Harrison, no Bruschi, no Vrabel... no win.

Cincinatti @ Green Bay

A field day for Green Bay. Their D looks much better than last year and their offense should do better than against the Bears as well.

Arizona @ Jacksonville

The Cards should come out of their funk in this game or their season might be over by the end of October.

Minnesota @ detroit

I expect a BIG game by Calvin Johnson. And even bigger from AP.

Oakland @ KC

Don't know which one to pick, actually. Both the Raiders and Chiefs looked better than expected in the season opener, so I think I'll go with the home team in this one... but it's a close one.

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

I really like our new offense. I really, really despise our new D. Only 6 guys or so of that unit deserve to be on the NFL.

Seattle @San Francisco

Another really close game. I'm going with Seattle because both have decent Ds (although Seattle is gonna miss Leroy Hill) and I have the Seahawks O a lot more. Still, it's gonna be a good measure of the Niners D. If they keep playing like in the opener against the Cards, they'll have a chance.

Pittsburgh @ Chicago

Another upset on this one. The Steelers don't have a running game anymore and the Bears don't have a passing game, so expect a low scoring game. I'm going with the home team, expecting a better job from Forte and a stout effort by the D in his first game without Urlacher.

Cleveland @ Denver

Somebody has to win. And if Denver does, they'll be the worst 2-0 team in the history of the NFL.

Baltimore @ San Diego

I really don't know what to think of this one. I'm going with the best D, but I honestly won't be surprised if the Chargers take it. Easily the game of the week.

NY Giants @ Dallas

Giants run all over the Cowboys D.

MONDAY NIGHT

Indianapolis @ Miami

Manning will dissect the Dolphins secondary.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:20 am
Week 2 Picks:

Carolina @ Atlanta

St. Louis @ Washington

Houston @ Tennessee

Cincinatti @ Green Bay

Arizona @ Jacksonville

Minnesota @ detroit

Oakland @ kc

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Seattle @ San Francisco

Pittsburgh @ Chicago

Cleveland @ Denver

Baltimore @ San Diego

NY Giants @ Dallas

MONDAY NIGHT

Indianapolis @ Miami
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:58 am
Carolina @ Atlanta
I can only think of about 20 million reasons that Jake is still the starting QB in Carolina and until he is gone, he is going to be a defensive highlight film waiting to happen.

St. Louis @ Washington
This is one of those ugly ass games that could be decided on a bonehead play. I think the Skins have enough D to stop the Rams, but maybe the Rams just stop themselves.

Houston @ Tennessee
After barely losing to the Steelers, Tennessee takes out their frustration on the sorrier than expected Texans. Matt Schaub is going to be on the ground so much, you wont be able to tell if its him out there or David Carr.

How do you bet against Drew Brees? At this moment, I cant do it. The Eagles D is good, but they arent playing Carolina this week.

I think last week was a wakeup call for the Pats. The Jets are going to be good, but Bill aint gonna let a rookie coach beat him on Sunday. This week Moss finds the endzone 2 or 3 times.

Cincinatti @ Green Bay
Cincy, last week you lost on a crazy last second play.....dont worry, you will be put out of your misery much earlier this week. In a battle of hype vs hype, Charles Woodson will pick a pass intended for Chad Ochocinco and take it to the house.

Arizona @ Jacksonville
I think the tough game that J-Ville played against the Colts last week was more impressive than the weak ass effort put forth by the Cards. SF has a good D, but I think there is something missing in the AZ offense.....More Beanie perhaps??

Minnesota @ detroit
Upset Alert!! Favre, after not being a big part of the offense last week will try to be the Brett Favre of old and he will, but he will be the bad Brett, not the good Brett. Calvin Johnson will go nuts and Stafford will get his first NFL W.

Oakland @ kc
After a heartbreaking loss, the Raiders take out their frustration on the Chiefs. DHB will catch a pass, he will probably drop 5, but he will catch one and the 2 headed monster of McFadden and Bush will run wild on the KC Defense.

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo
I would feel better about this game if T.O. would keep his damn mouth shut. I love how Terrell always talkes shiit about the QB not getting him the ball enough, why dont his QBs start blasting him for dropping so many passes. Lucky for the frazzled Bills, they have the Bucs.

Seattle @ San Francisco
This should be a really good game and can go either way, unfortunately for SF, it will end in a Hawks victory. This game will be a good test for the Niners, they will know whether they have a much improved Defense or whether the Cardinals really did just suck last week.

Pittsburgh @ Chicago
Without Urlacher I cant go against the Defending "WORLD" Champs. Also with Jake Delhomme Jr. at the helm, it could be a long day in the Windy City.

Cleveland @ Denver
If this game ends up on TV, Im going to be PISSED. What a complete yacker....too bad one of these sorry ass teams has to win, can Denver possibly be 2-0 after this week??

Baltimore @ San Diego
After seeing what the Raiders did to the Chargers D last week, Im thinking the Ravens will run wild up the SD gut. Also, since the RAvens have a QB who can actually complete a pass outside the hash-marks, this one really shouldnt even be close.

NY Giants @ Dallas
NY is good, but I gotta go with the Boys @ home. This is one of those games that could go either way and the only outcome that would surprise me here is a blowout.

MONDAY NIGHT

Indianapolis @ Miami
Peyton Manning keeps finding Reggie Wayne and the Colts drop the Dolphins to 0-2. With the uncertainty surrounding Anthony Gonzales, do the Colts look at Marvin "bustacap" Harrison? They just signed Mr. Girls Next Door.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:50 am
Week 2 Picks:

Carolina @ Atlanta

For some reason I think Carolina might win this game. Nothing to base it on other than a hunch... but I am to much of a vag to pick it.

St. Louis @ Washington

Rams were awful last week and wont win on the road for the 2nd consecutive week.

Houston @ Tennessee

Houston's off will bounce back a bit but will come up short.

Gotta agree with TMC here. Cant bank on Kolb vs Brees.

No shortage of motivation for the Pats here with all the **** talking Ryan did about the Pats in the offseason. When Brady and Bill B are motivated, they dont lose.

Cincinatti @ Green Bay

Brutal loss for Nati last week. They wont rebound.

Arizona @ Jacksonville

Warner has looked OLD so far in preseason and last week. Going with home team.

Minnesota @ detroit

IF Detroit can keep the game somewhat close, we might see the single game rushing mark challenged.

Oakland @ KC

Arrowhead will prove to be too tough of a place to play as KC squeeks by.

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

I think Buffalo wins rather easy. 10+ points

Seattle @San Francisco

This game has 17-13 written all over it. Can the Niners get the kind of pressure this week like they did last week against a Seahawks o-line that is still missing two starters? I dont think they will.

Pittsburgh @ Chicago

Steelers cant run but will do just enough in passing game to win.

Cleveland @ Denver

I love TMC's "worst 2-0 team in league history" I agree.

Baltimore @ San Diego

Cant say enough about Flacco. Best young QB in the league in my opinion.

NY Giants @ Dallas

For whatever reason, Romo always had a field day against the Giants. I look for that to continue as the Boys get a win in front of 100,000+ fans.

MONDAY NIGHT

Indianapolis @ Miami

Miami tough to run on but the Colts dont need to run.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board