Nba fantasy 2009/10 - DONE

Forum for any fantasy basketball leagues being organized

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:02 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
hey guys, looks like the league is filling up....you can scratch me. Thanks!

anyone who offers a free scratch me comment is not leaving my league.

You'll be my sextoy for the whole nba season as i live out my own fantasy hoops lifestyle.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:36 pm
No one can leave. It's much like that song, about that hotel, in California.

Edit: I leave

That makes 14 left.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:04 pm
Sorry I'm late to this discussion...

Yes, TMC that was me that suggested ESPN fantasy bball last year. I am perfectly fine with Yahoo if that's what yall decide and are comfortable with. The reason I prefer ESPN over Yahoo is cuz there is live up-to-the-minute scoring, and cuz if you make a FA pickup it will be effective immediately as long as no game has started...so if one of my players got seriously injured last night and I didn't find out until this morning, I can pick someone up before games start playing and his stats will be added to my fantasy score starting that day.

With all the confusion/hectic/craziness that's surrounding our league(s) right now, Yahoo might be the best way to go since we are all used to it already. But it is completely up to you all.

As far as the number of participants and divisions and all that, I think we should have 12 managers/league. It keeps the FA pool at a decent amount and it makes for good competition. If there are extra players, I'm sure there are some people who wouldn't mind taking part in multiple leagues.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:46 pm
Apologies for not being around the last week boys. I've been battling a computer infection (Trojan/spyware/worm,real bad and still not quite got rid of it).

I see there are alot of people that want in this time and that is what I always wanted.

I do think we shouln't have more than 12 participants in any league but really, I'm up for anything. A league of 16 of us would really make for interesting happenings. It is up to the majority though I believe.

The two leagues idea sounds great and I personally would be up for both of them, three or four of them if anyone else wants to be in multiple leagues.

With the second league, if that's what happens, I am not against an online draft, though I probably couln't make it due to timezone differences. If enough of us want to be in the second league as well, that would give enough participants for that league to be good also.

Post your thoughts as always and we'll see what we get.

I say we start the offline draft in two days, but say what you think

migya make the ring fall on ya

Rookie
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:28 pm
im also in.
lets go h2h..
i like live draft, but its what ever...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:46 pm
hey mig, you want to make a running list of everyone that has expressed interest. even add fine and alwaysnext, even though they said they wanted to. so lets get all the names down, and lets decide what to do then.

I like my idea of make two leagues that go with each other. so no one can join both leagues. Then, we can have it each year were the top half of both leagues play each other next year, and the pattern continues each year. So, leagues dont become too big, and we can have everyone involved in the same organization. The only downside is that we cannot have keepers, which to be honest dont work too well (ie too hard to manage), so that might not be a concern anyways.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:58 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey mig, you want to make a running list of everyone that has expressed interest. even add fine and alwaysnext, even though they said they wanted to. so lets get all the names down, and lets decide what to do then.

I like my idea of make two leagues that go with each other. so no one can join both leagues. Then, we can have it each year were the top half of both leagues play each other next year, and the pattern continues each year. So, leagues dont become too big, and we can have everyone involved in the same organization. The only downside is that we cannot have keepers, which to be honest dont work too well (ie too hard to manage), so that might not be a concern anyways.

The thing about having two leagues with noone in both is that thesecond league will likely be very small. Also, there is no guarantee that the same guys will play next year either, so having the best 2 or 4, whatever, of both leagues going against each other next year might end up being ruined with guys not coming back.

I'll go with whatever the majority wants though

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:57 am
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey mig, you want to make a running list of everyone that has expressed interest. even add fine and alwaysnext, even though they said they wanted to. so lets get all the names down, and lets decide what to do then.

The thing about having two leagues with noone in both is that thesecond league will likely be very small. Also, there is no guarantee that the same guys will play next year either, so having the best 2 or 4, whatever, of both leagues going against each other next year might end up being ruined with guys not coming back.

Yeah, I like the two division league, but the second one can be really small. If we get to, at least, 18 participants, it can work (10 in the top one, 8 in the second), but a league of 6 doesn't look too appealing.

I'm all for starting the board draft as soon as possible, as it will take some time.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:21 am
Honestly, speaking from experience, 12 is the best number as far as being competitive and for the talent in the FA pool (as long as the roster settings are the same as last year). Anything less, and theres too much talent on all the teams leaving no real sleepers, and any more makes the league more about the draft than about both the draft and season streak decisions.

I think filling both leagues with 12 participants is best. Like I said before, some people may want to do multiple leagues. If there is 18 people (a lg of 12 and an extra 6) I'm sure about 6 people would want to join the 2nd league as well. Or if yall want, that league can be 8 or 10 participants.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:57 am
I'm going to send out invites to those in last year's leagues, that way the stats from last year can be easily viewed and it saves creating new leagues.

EDIT: Just sent invites to 9 of the other 11 guys in the 1st H2H league last year, as Jimbob and d1mex aren't around and didn't post in this thread.

Everyone alright so far?

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:20 pm
5 of 9 have made it. If you're in the minority, find out how to be in the majority.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:14 pm
Be good to get things going, be goo to get the participants finalised by Friday

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:06 pm
migya... lets not do a keeper league (just because if someone drops out for whatever reason... TMC may die of cancer, i might get locked up WHATEVER) i just dont think it's a good idea to roll over lineups to following seasons
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:34 am
PawnOAKLANDGraffiti wrote:migya... lets not do a keeper league (just because if someone drops out for whatever reason... TMC may die of cancer, i might get locked up WHATEVER) i just dont think it's a good idea to roll over lineups to following seasons

That's alright and it would be safer. Have you accepted your invite for the 1st league? Do you possibly want in on the 2nd league?

TMC and Bigs, you still haven't accepted you invitation. After that, there are still two spots left and the first two guys in this thread to say they wanted in were, outside of the nine guys from last year, were Jackattack and TheBodyGuard (8th ave was third). Can you two confirm that you still want in and we can then start with the draft.

The other guys can be in the 2nd league with anyone else, either from this 1st leagueor any other member of the forum that wants in, just say so on the other thread for the 2nd league

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:16 am
migya wrote:TMC and Bigs, you still haven't accepted you invitation.

Done. Let's start this draft once everybody has joined.
PreviousNext

Return to Fantasy League Forum