umm... usa vs the world

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32


All Star
Posts: 1096
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:20 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


That's because people around the world want to play in America.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:24 pm
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


That's because people around the world want to play in America.


LOL!..............yeah, erm, ok.............because of that then, that means the Fakers won the NBA finals, that makes them the Champions of the WORLD!!!

And whoever the champions are in MLB and the NFL, and NHL..............they are ALL...........WORLD Champions, because they are in America.............and America is the best.

Is that it?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:25 pm
bigstrads wrote:
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


That's because people around the world want to play in America.


LOL!..............yeah, erm, ok.............because of that then, that means the Fakers won the NBA finals, that makes them the Champions of the WORLD!!!

And whoever the champions are in MLB and the NFL, and NHL..............they are ALL...........WORLD Champions, because they are in America.............and America is the best.

Is that it?

:roll: :roll: :roll:


sure i'll agree with that! :wink:
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:57 pm
bigstrads wrote:
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


That's because people around the world want to play in America.


LOL!..............yeah, erm, ok.............because of that then, that means the Fakers won the NBA finals, that makes them the Champions of the WORLD!!!

And whoever the champions are in MLB and the NFL, and NHL..............they are ALL...........WORLD Champions, because they are in America.............and America is the best.

Is that it?

:roll: :roll: :roll:


The Lakers, Phillies, Steelers, Penguins... they're the 2008 WORLD Champs of their sports :!: :mrgreen:
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 258
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:58 pm
MacGyver wrote:LAT 51:60 FRA. Low scoring, defensive game.
Biedrins 6+20, 4 fouls in 36 minutes
Turiaf 0+5, 3 fouls in 12 minutes
Kaspars Kambala (LAT) outplayed Ronny. Turiaf couldn't get his shot going while Biedrins were guarding him. Andris had a bad offensive game (except one nice reverse dunk with a foul (of course he didn't make the free throw)), FG: 3-10 and FT: 0-3.

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/Eur ... AT_FRA.asp

p.s. You guys are arrogant..
:? :|


Thanks for the info, box score mate.

It seems Andris still hasn't a smidgin of offense and Turiafs rebound numbers are looking decent over the first two games.

P.S. Anyone who calls themselves world champs in competitions that are national is either arrogant or ignorant. :)
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:27 pm
xbay wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
saintdee wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


That's because people around the world want to play in America.


LOL!..............yeah, erm, ok.............because of that then, that means the Fakers won the NBA finals, that makes them the Champions of the WORLD!!!

And whoever the champions are in MLB and the NFL, and NHL..............they are ALL...........WORLD Champions, because they are in America.............and America is the best.

Is that it?

:roll: :roll: :roll:


The Lakers, Phillies, Steelers, Penguins... they're the 2008 WORLD Champs of their sports :!: :mrgreen:


Ok............Ill say one more thing that shows how silly the whole thing is.

Typically and hillariously, they even contradict themselves with the very name of the leagues/associations they give themselves =

National Basketball Association
National Football League
National Hockey League
Major League Baseball

National? what does that mean?..............doesnt really sound like it has anything to do with the rest of the world does it? so dont call yourselves World Champions then.

Just another example of American self patting on the back.............cuz your just so damned neat!!! :roll:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:31 am
lol "neat"


I found that funny
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:15 am
Quazza wrote:lol "neat"


I found that funny


Haha... me too. Guess it's just a bigs' thing. :wink:

All Star
Posts: 2956
» Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:44 am
Beast Mode wrote:
first off wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


but that's because we are better than the rest of the world


It's true though. Outside of Soccer, us > world.


I guess the only "true " World Champions would be soccer, track and field, and boxing.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:06 am
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:lol "neat"


I found that funny


Haha... me too. Guess it's just a bigs' thing. :wink:


Credit where credit is due...............when I threw that in, I was imagining an old Bill Hicks rant where he was talking about Pro-Lifers.

He was jumping all over the stage taking the p*ss out of them saying something like "Ohh, aint life great, aint it great to be human, we are so neat!"

Very appropraite, as that is how I see the sad little f*ckers who consider America to the centre of the Universe and couldnt possibly consider another culture or state of being/mind outside their own.

Wait, what am I saying? America doesnt have any culture.............at best its manufactured, stolen or plain false.

(Sorry, in a bad/rant'ie type mood)

(Actually no...............Im not sorry..............cuz its true)
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2325
» Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:10 am
The Coooach wrote:
Beast Mode wrote:
first off wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
TMC wrote:
8th ave wrote:the 2009 european's world championships... l



A bit of an oxymoron there, buddy... :mrgreen:


No worse than the "WORLD" series. :mrgreen:


Or EVERY single American sports champion being called..............The World Champions. :roll:


but that's because we are better than the rest of the world


It's true though. Outside of Soccer, us > world.


I guess the only "true " World Champions would be soccer, track and field, and boxing.


Most, if not all (I'm not 100% sure), Olympic sports have true World Championships. It's the U.S. Sports that are in it for the money (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB) that don't even bother.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2341
» Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:13 am
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:lol "neat"


I found that funny


Haha... me too. Guess it's just a bigs' thing. :wink:


Credit where credit is due...............when I threw that in, I was imagining an old Bill Hicks rant where he was talking about Pro-Lifers.

He was jumping all over the stage taking the p*ss out of them saying something like "Ohh, aint life great, aint it great to be human, we are so neat!"

Very appropraite, as that is how I see the sad little f*ckers who consider America to the centre of the Universe and couldnt possibly consider another culture or state of being/mind outside their own.

Wait, what am I saying? America doesnt have any culture.............at best its manufactured, stolen or plain false.

(Sorry, in a bad/rant'ie type mood)

(Actually no...............Im not sorry..............cuz its true)


we have a manufactured culture because the legacy of our real history:
genocide, slavery, racism, greed and imperialism is too difficult for anyone to actually admit/face. Sure we've had great Americans and have done great things as a country, but this slapping ourselves on the back for things we had nothing to do with is ridiculous. None of us were garroting Germans at the battle of Verdun. Most likely we were watching sports bloopers then going to the Wendy's drivethru... big contributors...

and with that, I'll move my opinion over to Off Topic....
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 7481
» Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:44 am
Jackattack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
Quazza wrote:lol "neat"


I found that funny


Haha... me too. Guess it's just a bigs' thing. :wink:


Credit where credit is due...............when I threw that in, I was imagining an old Bill Hicks rant where he was talking about Pro-Lifers.

He was jumping all over the stage taking the p*ss out of them saying something like "Ohh, aint life great, aint it great to be human, we are so neat!"

Very appropraite, as that is how I see the sad little f*ckers who consider America to the centre of the Universe and couldnt possibly consider another culture or state of being/mind outside their own.

Wait, what am I saying? America doesnt have any culture.............at best its manufactured, stolen or plain false.

(Sorry, in a bad/rant'ie type mood)

(Actually no...............Im not sorry..............cuz its true)


we have a manufactured culture because the legacy of our real history:
genocide, slavery, racism, greed and imperialism is too difficult for anyone to actually admit/face. Sure we've had great Americans and have done great things as a country, but this slapping ourselves on the back for things we had nothing to do with is ridiculous. None of us were garroting Germans at the battle of Verdun. Most likely we were watching sports bloopers then going to the Wendy's drivethru... big contributors...

and with that, I'll move my opinion over to Off Topic....


As always Pat.............a huge :D to you for being the TRUE American that you are..............true as in, you know the truth and have the stones to see it, admit, accept it and move on to a more enlightened state of being. :D :D :D

Ps: Im eagerly awaiting the first =

"Hey you stupid Brit! this is an American board, on the American Wide Web...........and Im going to use my American god given super powers and my American constitutionally appointed gun to shoot you in your British, bad teethed, ****** head.............YEAH!!!! THATS what Im talkin bout biatch!!!! how do ya like dem apples!!!! YEAH!!!............AMERICA RULZ!!!!!..............YEAH!!!! we won the War!!!! YEAH!!! Youd all be speaking German now if it wasnt for us!!!!"

Type retaliation to be posted. :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:06 am
bigstrads wrote:"Hey you stupid Brit! this is an American board, on the American Wide Web...........and Im going to use my American god given super powers and my American constitutionally appointed gun to shoot you in your British, bad teethed, ****** head.............YEAH!!!! THATS what Im talkin bout biatch!!!! how do ya like dem apples!!!! YEAH!!!............AMERICA RULZ!!!!!..............YEAH!!!! we won the War!!!! YEAH!!! Youd all be speaking German now if it wasnt for us!!!!"


Nice. Saved them the time to actually write that. That's what I call a good forum mate. Well done, Bigs. :mrgreen:
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 2862
» Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:"Hey you stupid Brit! this is an American board, on the American Wide Web...........and Im going to use my American god given super powers and my American constitutionally appointed gun to shoot you in your British, bad teethed, ****** head.............YEAH!!!! THATS what Im talkin bout biatch!!!! how do ya like dem apples!!!! YEAH!!!............AMERICA RULZ!!!!!..............YEAH!!!! we won the War!!!! YEAH!!! Youd all be speaking German now if it wasnt for us!!!!"


Nice. Saved them the time to actually write that. That's what I call a good forum mate. Well done, Bigs. :mrgreen:


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M[/youtube]

Reminds me of the time I cut myself on a piece of glass in chemistry lab. My supervisor, who was straight from china, had no idea what I was talking about when I asked for "band-aids". Technically there's no such thing as an actual band-aid (it's a brand name). eventually I was able to get it across to him before I lost all my blood.

while we are completely off topic, if you ever run into someone from Wisconsin, ask them to say "band-aid". for some reason, they can't say it without putting an upwards inflection on the end of it. always sounds like a question - "band-aid?".

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests